Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Max Hastings in June 2019

" We can’t predict what a Johnson government will do, because its prospective leader has not got around to thinking about this. But his premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability."

"Yet his graver vice is cowardice, reflected in a willingness to tell any audience, whatever he thinks most likely to please, heedless of the inevitability of its contradiction an hour later."

"Johnson would not recognise truth, whether about his private or political life, if confronted by it in an identity parade."

"If the Johnson family had stuck to showbusiness like the Osmonds, Marx Brothers or von Trapp family, the world would be a better place. Yet the Tories, in their terror, have elevated a cavorting charlatan to the steps of Downing Street, and they should expect to pay a full forfeit when voters get the message."

And from October 2012

" I would not trust him with my wife nor – from painful experience – my wallet."

A modern day Mother Shipton. And so it all came to pass.

And yet some will defend him to the hilt, for no better reason than he wears a blue rosette.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She's married to the deputy editor of The Spectator, a very different beast to The New Statesman

Apologies, for some reason I thought I had posted Spectator.

I found this graphic this morning which explains the connections.

7287E519-3D53-466D-BD48-18D6DFADAA0A.jpeg

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Mogg survives again then as they throw the woman under the bus.

https://twitter.com/anoncitizenuk/status/1468237276387942407?s=21

Got the Evening Standard last night. It was full of rightful fury as to the behaviour of these idiots which of course it should be.

Yet. On the front page we had Ferguson quoted as “warning” of another lockdown. His history doesn’t need to be repeated here yet it’s ok to believe one lockdown breaker and be outraged at another. And, of course Rees-Mogg above as well as his offshore cash movements.

I wonder if any of these journos had illegal parties last year as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Javid on the BBC trying to justify plan B being put into action at this time, diverting the real question which is that this has been brought at this time in to divert attention from the PM and party gate

The BBC is helping by not asking the right questions

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Spectator is right wing - increasingly so. It used to be pretty centre-right but has moved to the headbanger wing of the party. The Staggers is the leftie equivalent - pretty middle-of-the-road left

I was going to post almost exactly the same…..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Max Hastings in June 2019

" We can’t predict what a Johnson government will do, because its prospective leader has not got around to thinking about this. But his premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability."

"Yet his graver vice is cowardice, reflected in a willingness to tell any audience, whatever he thinks most likely to please, heedless of the inevitability of its contradiction an hour later."

"Johnson would not recognise truth, whether about his private or political life, if confronted by it in an identity parade."

"If the Johnson family had stuck to showbusiness like the Osmonds, Marx Brothers or von Trapp family, the world would be a better place. Yet the Tories, in their terror, have elevated a cavorting charlatan to the steps of Downing Street, and they should expect to pay a full forfeit when voters get the message."

And from October 2012

" I would not trust him with my wife nor – from painful experience – my wallet."

A modern day Mother Shipton. And so it all came to pass.

While it wouldn't have taken Nostradamus to have predicted that Johnson was going to be a complete disaster, that's quite stunningly accurate, in fine detail.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
This time Plan B used as the playbook entry to divert, deny and detract from his behaviour as PM.

Next time perhaps it will be a former married minister who decides to come out to do the same?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nice distraction. Get a C-section sorted, cause some distraction and he gets 2 weeks paternity leave and then guess what - Christmas

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tories going to bring recess forward to Tuesday to avoid PMQs is the most on brand shit I’ve ever heard. Should cement the Lib Dem victory in the by election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Javid on the BBC trying to justify plan B being put into action at this time, diverting the real question which is that this has been brought at this time in to divert attention from the PM and party gate

The BBC is helping by not asking the right questions

The BBC have asked the right questions but the replies have been:

I would like to take the time, if I may, to pay tribute to my esteemed colleage, Allegra, who has served the nation with muster, bluster and custard so diligently these past difficult years. We would all, I think you will agree, like to wish her well in whatever endeavour she choses, as she sleeps her way to the top of what, if I may say so, will be a triumphant tribute to her willingness to service the greater cause. And thanks to the actions of this government we now have world-beating Covid and make no mistake, Under Corbyn there would be no Christmas, this, or any other year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here