Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Virgin Media TV Customers - not much to watch at the moment!

Jul 7, 2003
Virgin having problems nationwide with their TV Service at the moment.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage

BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 are okay but anything else hasn't been available for a few hours and they are working on a fix.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Virgin having problems nationwide with their TV Service at the moment.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage

BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 are okay but anything else hasn't been available for a few hours and they are working on a fix.

Not even BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 are working. Nether is their website, and their phone message is limited to we're busy, you might like to phone again later. Goodbye; click..............

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
That reminds me that I had a text to say that they'd be working on t'Internet in my area today (BN1) and the service might be intermittent. Been fine! Maybe they've been too busy trying to sort out the TV side of things and could still be impacted by internet outage. Thought I'd mention in case anyone else in this area, and your connection goes down.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Fuming. It cut off right in the middle of Airwolf! :rant:

k1pvjk06_400x400.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You were watching something on Virgin and expected it to go all the way?

Jul 7, 2003
Not even BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 are working. Nether is their website, and their phone message is limited to we're busy, you might like to phone again later. Goodbye; click..............

You have to watch the SD channels and not the HD ones

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just as well tonight's football is on Prime, then.

Outside of 7.30pm - 10.00pm it will give the mrs a chance to clear some of the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of hours of gubbins she has recorded 'just in case'.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh. Missed Homes under the Hammer. Wanted to see if Dion Dublin managed to persuade the bloke not to buy the house because on the 17 other repeats of this episode, he lost money as the foundations needed underpinning.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
You have to watch the SD channels and not the HD ones

Potentially fairly obvious but if you have any series links due to record tonight (the missus and I are seeing Henning Wehn at the Dome this evening, and have a couple of series on series link) and you have set it/them to record the HD version, worth going into the programme guide and also setting it to record the SD version. Even if you have it set to record "HD if possible" it won't necessarily know it will be recording a blank HD stream so if you do both, you'll make sure you get the show(s) albeit maybe in lower quality. Or use catch-up.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
They have been really poor around BN2 over the last few months.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
TV back on here in BN43. Hope it's not just a temporary patch and hope it's soon back on for all

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Not Virgin TV but internet, but if anyone got the email today saying prices are going up from March by £8.50 per month, I followed the link and it takes you to a page here:

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 17.09.09.png

Called through to that number and there is an automated option (after selecting you want to cancel) to have a £9.00 per month discount applied to your pacakage for 6 months without altering your term or penalty period, literally press 1 to apply it! Took about 2 minutes and didn't even speak to anyone.

My contract will have run out by then and I'll be cancelling anyway but nice to not get caught up in the current round of price hikes! Hope it helps someone else.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Not Virgin TV but internet, but if anyone got the email today saying prices are going up from March by £8.50 per month, I followed the link and it takes you to a page here:

View attachment 143637

Called through to that number and there is an automated option (after selecting you want to cancel) to have a £9.00 per month discount applied to your pacakage for 6 months without altering your term or penalty period, literally press 1 to apply it! Took about 2 minutes and didn't even speak to anyone.

My contract will have run out by then and I'll be cancelling anyway but nice to not get caught up in the current round of price hikes! Hope it helps someone else.

Many thanks for this - just done this, and got a discount of £8.50 a month (so the same as the increase). Top work [MENTION=17829]virtual22[/MENTION] :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here