Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter celebrating with the fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton is another basket case club atm....boardroom divided, no strategy on or off the pitch and too much spunked on crap players on huge wages. Added to that, fans won't accept someone who's not 'one of their own' after Rafa. It'll be Dunc or Rooney I reckon, but it's not Potter's type of job at all.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/whos-next-after-benitez.113873/page-51

"Potter. Brightons football impresses me. Could he build that at Everton with bringing in players he wants. Who knows. But he's a brave forward thinking coach."

and

"He [Potter] already has a team that plays his way with mostly better players. Only DCL/ Richarlison and Pickford would likely get in their side.
He also has 8/9 u21s that are around the first team or on loan learning his tactics and looking exciting.
They're in a new stadium and a new training ground with a sensible owner.

I don't really see what we can offer him"

Everton's fans really are very down on all aspects of their club. They need to be in that new stadium to have a chance of pushing on really.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Everton just don’t have a long term vision for how they want the team to play and what manager and support team they need to get them there. It all looks from the outside like scatter gun attempts at shortcuts.

It makes what Tony Bloom has built at Brighton all the more impressive as every facility and appointment is made as a step towards his long term vision for the club.

I can’t see GP being attracted there, was discussing with a friend which clubs do we think pose the most risk of losing Potter to (and realistically would take him as an option) we only came up with Leicester or West Ham.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In his 30 months with us, he's morphed into a passionate and sometimes angry manager.

A far cry from the always in control character at the beginning.

I prefer this version of GP.

I am 100% with you, I get the impression that L’il ole Brighton has got under his skin. I think he is bloody LOVING it here!

Everton can jog on. It’s bloody fantastic to think that we will probably only lose him to a top three team, and would any of them take him on before we have achieved something?

The days of managers walking….to go to Tinpot Reading are long gone

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can you imagine the utter SCENES when we next win a game?

I expect nothing less than Potter diving into the Albion fans and crowd-surfing his way around.

Anything less than diving into the WSL and being crowd surfed all the way to the upper echelons of the WSU and I shall be booing at the top of my voice!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/whos-next-after-benitez.113873/page-51

"Potter. Brightons football impresses me. Could he build that at Everton with bringing in players he wants. Who knows. But he's a brave forward thinking coach."

and

"He [Potter] already has a team that plays his way with mostly better players. Only DCL/ Richarlison and Pickford would likely get in their side.
He also has 8/9 u21s that are around the first team or on loan learning his tactics and looking exciting.

Everton's fans really are very down on all aspects of their club. They need to be in that new stadium to have a chance of pushing on really.

They can keep Pickford... wouldnt mind Richarlison though. Along with Maupay it would probably mean the most annoying striker duo in PL history.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anything less than diving into the WSL and being crowd surfed all the way to the upper echelons of the WSU and I shall be booing at the top of my voice!

It will need to be an away fixture. The massive gaps in the crowd at the final whistle at the Amex would present a health and safety hazard for the gaffer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Totally agree with all of that.

Richarlison really?

I think there are two broad categories of horrible players...

1. He's an utter ****, but if he played for us, he'd be our ****.
2. He's an utter **** and I would never want him to play for us.

Richarlison is a Category 2 **** for me, all day long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

and

…and so on…..

I totally agree, the time to get him would’ve been pre-FSW. He’d be mad to leave Brighton and come to a broken club.

The entire defence for Brighton is better than any defenders we have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Or running across and diving into The ESL...

...hitting his head on a seat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am 100% with you, I get the impression that L’il ole Brighton has got under his skin. I think he is bloody LOVING it here!

Everton can jog on. It’s bloody fantastic to think that we will probably only lose him to a top three team, and would any of them take him on before we have achieved something?

The days of managers walking….to go to Tinpot Reading are long gone

The club securing a scorer or two for the first team (striker and/or in midfield) will give GP all the tools he needs, to translate the performances in at least half of our games, into wins.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Can you imagine the utter SCENES when we next win a game?

I expect nothing less than Potter diving into the Albion fans and crowd-surfing his way around.

I can't remember who it was but didn't one of our players go crowd surfing on the train home from Falmer after we beat Wigan to clinch promotion? and then was out injured for the 3 matches when we failed to win the title :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't remember who it was but didn't one of our players go crowd surfing on the train home from Falmer after we beat Wigan to clinch promotion? and then was out injured for the 3 matches when we failed to win the title :facepalm:

Ollie Norwood, it was the first of three successive promotions to the PL for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here