Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sleaford Mods ticket - Friday at the Dome

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Musical version of John Cooper Clarke

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Saw him supporting a band, I forget which. Possibly The Fall. First ten mins were fascinating, twenty mins was interesting, 25 mins was just boring, went out for smoke.

Mind you, I got a bit bored watching AC/DC so I wouldn’t listen to me. If Elvis was found alive and well, did a comeback gig and I had free tickets I’d probably get restless after a while :)

But we all like different things and I hope those that like SM have a blast. I’d happily watch them again for a few songs, just not for whole gig. Always a good atmosphere at gigs like that though, charged.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nevertheless, I do like some JCC. This one in particular;

Like a Night Club in the morning, you’re the bitter end
Like a recently disinfected shit-house, you’re clean round the bend
You give me the horrors
Too bad to be true
All of my tomorrow’s
Are lousy coz of you
You put the Shat in Shatter
Put the Pain in Spain
Your germs are splattered about
Your face is just a stain

You’re certainly no raver, commonly known as a drag
Do us all a favour, here… wear this polythene bag

You’re like a dose of scabies
I’ve got you under my skin
You make life a fairy tale… Grimm!

People mention murder, the moment you arrive
I’d consider killing you if I thought you were alive
You’ve got this slippery quality
It makes me think of phlegm
And a dual personality
I hate both of them

Your bad breath, vamps disease, destruction, and decay
Please, please, please, please, take yourself away
Like a death a birthday party
You ruin all the fun
Like a sucked and spat our smartie
you’re no use to anyone
Like the shadow of the guillotine
On a dead consumptive’s face
Speaking as an outsider
What do you think of the human race

You went to a progressive psychiatrist
He recommended suicide…
Before scratching your bad name off his list
And pointing the way outside

You hear laughter breaking through, it makes you want to fart
You’re heading for a breakdown
Better pull yourself apart

Your dirty name gets passed about when something goes amiss
Your attitudes are platitudes
Just make me wanna piss

What kind of creature bore you
Was is some kind of bat
They can’t find a good word for you
But I can…

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have wide musical tastes but I appreciate artists that have talent even if it’s not my type of music .

With respect sleaford mods is not any genre of music it’s just utter rubbish , the lowest form of music taste possible . Two drunk men who look like they’ve just escaped prison, shouting down a microphone about how terrible life is . How is that attractive to hear ! Anyone can do that .

My personal taste ranges from Roxy Music , David Bowie to U2 & Aretha Franklin & lots of stuff in between .

I’m not a fan of heavy metal etc but I appreciate bands like iron maiden are talented & are good at what they do , even if it’s not my taste .

I like to hear lyrics being sung not screamed .

Level 42 , deacon blue etc tell stories well .

That's pretty extensive and certainly nothing wrong with a bit of Bowie. I do suggest you listen more closely or if you cant face that then read the lyrics of Sleaford Mods output. To say that its utter rubbish being shouted down a microphone couldn't be further from the truth.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I don't get the objections to the Sleaford Mods singing about how shit life is - that's what critically acclaimed Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and countless blues artists have been doing. At least you can dance to the Mods and they're occasionally funny.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I saw them at The Old Market a few years ago. They came in the pub where I was working for some grub and a pint in the afternoon. They liked some of the songs I had playing; Husker Du, Wedding Present, Can, ACR Jonathan Richman ... they particularly enjoyed Cud. They gave me a freebie, which was a nice gesture.

Never heard them before and after 5 minutes I was on the verge of downing my pint and leaving but bumped into a mate and stuck around for a bit.

They're superb.

Cud. Wow, there’s a name I’ve not heard in a good few years.

“Feeling nice cooking rice because there’s a rumble in my tummy
I feel sad late at night so I write a letter to my Mummy”

I produced a zine for a while in the 90’s and it was named Cooking Rice, after those lyrics.

Happy memories.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I’ve never heard of them . Listened to a bit of their ‘music ‘ if you could call it that . How can anyone pay to listen to that !!! It’s just 2 geezers shouting and swearing about how terrible life is .

If anyone thinks that is music they need to get medical help seriously . Horrendous .

I like to think i have fairly wide range of musical interests and likes but my mate took me to see this lot the last time they were here and it was the worst gig i have ever been to. Absolutely awful.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I've just about given up getting rid of my spare ticket to a few of you, but if you're wavering, my mate in Cardiff says they were great & Jolly F*cker is an anthem for gents of a certain age. Looking forward to the reviews of those of you going. Enjoy.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Just saw them tonight. Mrs Comrade Sam and myself had a jolly good time. Meanwhile Cud, they were a great live act 30 years ago. Are they still performing?

papa_stew

Sep 22, 2007
If you're still struggling to get rid of I will be happy to give you a tenner as wouldn't mind seeing Dry Cleaning again. Saw them at the Green Door Store a couple of years ago but not convinced either band suits the Dome.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Blimey, that was intense and relentless. Thoroughly enjoyed that, didn’t really know what to expect, but very glad I went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here