Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sleaford Mods ticket - Friday at the Dome

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Due to Sky moving the Fulham game to Friday night, I now have a Sleaford Mods ticket for sale at face value (£26) for the central stalls (seats removed for mosh pit). DM me if interested. You have to provide proof of double vax https://brightondome.org/your_visit...virus_covid-19_your_booking_at_brighton_dome/ :rave:
Cheers.
Cue comments about there being more noise at a Sleaford Mods gig than at Craven Cottage....

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Taking my wife to see them in London this Thursday. I booked it many years ago as a night out for me and Mrs Comrade Sam's 25th anniversary. We met after the Fulham game, dancing at the Catfish Club. What could be more romantic than dancing cheek to cheek whilst a man from Nottingham shouts C*nt repeatedly.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’ve never heard of them . Listened to a bit of their ‘music ‘ if you could call it that . How can anyone pay to listen to that !!! It’s just 2 geezers shouting and swearing about how terrible life is .

If anyone thinks that is music they need to get medical help seriously . Horrendous .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve never heard of them . Listened to a bit of their ‘music ‘ if you could call it that . How can anyone pay to listen to that !!! It’s just 2 geezers shouting and swearing about how terrible life is .

If anyone thinks that is music they need to get medical help seriously . Horrendous .

I’m in agreement with you here, give me Duran Duran any day. :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Taking my wife to see them in London this Thursday. I booked it many years ago as a night out for me and Mrs Comrade Sam's 25th anniversary. We met after the Fulham game, dancing at the Catfish Club. What could be more romantic than dancing cheek to cheek whilst a man from Nottingham shouts C*nt repeatedly.

I’m seeing them Thursday too, along with my son, which is ironic as he is a jobseeker

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

They’re great, songs a reflection of modern society, same as The Clash, Pistols, Specials etc.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
That would be the Seaford Mods surely

Class.
There is a certain modern punk vibe about them which explains the profile of the audience. My mate in Cardiff's going to see them tonight so I'll get a report tomorrow and post it here to entice you to buy my ticket.

Not a massive fan of Duran Duran, even if Simon Le Bon went to my school. A family member works for them and says they're a reasonable set of blokes (apart from being Villans).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting for one or two “songs” but that’ll do for me. I’ve seen them live before and it got rather tedious after about 25 mins. Similar to John Cooper Clarke. Interesting but for a limited time.

I saw a post comparing them to The Clash. Have a ****ing word with yourself. More like the Macc Lads.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Interesting for one or two “songs” but that’ll do for me. I’ve seen them live before and it got rather tedious after about 25 mins. Similar to John Cooper Clarke. Interesting but for a limited time.

I saw a post comparing them to The Clash. Have a ****ing word with yourself. More like the Macc Lads.

Definitely an element of performance art about them that is part of the live appeal I guess - Jason’s tics (not sure if he still does that stuff) or Andrew standing there stoned, head-bobbing, drinking and twisting the occasional dial. Interesting for one or two songs sounds on the money though.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The specials at least had a melody . Apologies I shouldn’t call someone’s music taste horrendous .

Well withdrawn, I quite like some of the songs.
Like any genre, it can become tedious after a while, if it’s not your bag.
The most annoying thing about the Sleaford Mods, are the 40/50 year old hipsters that follow them, all with wellend haircuts, never been in a pit before, that used to be into the rave scene and wear skinny jeans, with lumberjack boots and his visibility orange woollen hat, have a word with yourself you work in IT….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here