Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Petrol price hike

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pease Pottage BP Service station - 167.9 per litre of unleaded.

A full 12p per litre more than my local BP garage in Ashington, which already has a reputation for being dear.

The screens on the 5 pumps around me had each spent c. £10 × 3 and £20 x 2, so nobody had come close to filling up which - for me- would have cost c.£75.

WTF?!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pease Pottage BP Service station - 167.9 per litre of unleaded.

A full 12p per litre more than my local BP garage in Ashington, which already has a reputation for being dear.

The screens on the 5 pumps around me had each spent c. £10 × 3 and £20 x 2, so nobody had come close to filling up which - for me- would have cost c.£75.

WTF?!
That is insane! I keep a lookout and unleaded is roughly about £1.48 a Litre right now, £1.67 is motorway prices ++!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With long journeys its often a necessity for a "splash 'n' dash"

As in, pay the motorway service station's [extortionate] price but just enough fuel to get you to a local fuel station where a full fill-up will be £10s of pounds cheaper - always been that way ...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That is insane! I keep a lookout and unleaded is roughly about £1.48 a Litre right now, £1.67 is motorway prices ++!

£1.69 top of M6 Thursday morning :eek:

Good decision not to bring the 4 litre V8, but could be beaten Tuesday coming back :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£1.69 top of M6 Thursday morning :eek:

Could be beaten Tuesday coming back :(

I got "Lucky" a couple of days back when I filled up at £1.46 a litre... glad I don't travel much !

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
According to something I heard on the radio, wholesale prices have reduced in the last fortnight or so. No sign of that being reflected at the pumps, thieving b@st*$%s.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
£1.399 round here if you get lucky.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why is everyone moaning?
Did you not hear the Chancellor proclaim that we have all saved money in his budget because he has not increased fuel duty on fuel even though they have not increased fuel duty for some time now but still add on a huge amount of tax on fuel that could and should be reduced during this fuel price rise.
You should all be extremely grateful.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
According to something I heard on the radio, wholesale prices have reduced in the last fortnight or so. No sign of that being reflected at the pumps, thieving b@st*$%s.

its about 4p and most the drop has been in the past 4-5 days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why is everyone moaning?
Did you not hear the Chancellor proclaim that we have all saved money in his budget because he has not increased fuel duty on fuel even though they have not increased fuel duty for some time now but still add on a huge amount of tax on fuel that could and should be reduced during this fuel price rise.
You should all be extremely grateful.

Still 20p to 30p cheaper per litre cheaper at supermarket petrol stations.

Always avoid the likes of Moto Pease Pottage, like the plague. They’ve always been rip off artists, under every government.

A Labour deputy prime minister got in a physical fight over petrol prices.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Still 20p to 30p cheaper per litre cheaper at supermarket petrol stations.

Always avoid the likes of Moto Pease Pottage, like the plague. They’ve always been rip off artists, under every government.

A Labour deputy prime minister got in a physical fight over petrol prices.

I struggle to understand why, even when petrol was cheaper, I see people filling up at a BP or Texaco for example when their will be an ASDA or Morrisons quite close by or other supermarkets.
If I travel to London I always brim it as cheaply as possible before I leave and again before I return.
If I need petrol and I am on a motorway, I leave the motorway at a town exit and find the nearest supermarket, I never fill up at a motorway services it is an insane price and a total rip off.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
*awaits [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] to come along and explain how much it costs to fill his bicycle*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here