Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Im going to have nightmares about this tonight...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 23.54.36.png

<the blink of an eye>

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 23.55.02.png

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
This was always going to happen when people starting pulling out the ‘mind the gap’ memes after we drew up there 1-1.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rarely fall asleep easily after a loss and will be the same this time around...

I'd rather take nightmares tbh. Especially since it would probably be about Adam Lallana doing nothing for 90 minutes, which is frustrating but wont make me wake up sweaty and screaming.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sadly, I’m reconciled to it.

This squad and the manager need to get a serious sense of Carpe Diem rather than strolling around handing out points like confetti to teams that previously couldn’t win a ****ing raffle.

No bad luck. No outrageous XG anomaly. Just too much mediocrity and nobody to blame but ourselves.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thing is, we've had to play easier teams recently which, for the Albion, is never easy. Bring on the big teams!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
we have failed to prepare (re a premier league striker), so it is inevitable that we must prepare to fail.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Since Danny Welbeck went off injured in the draw with Palace, we've drawn with Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Norwich and Newcastle. The only team to beat us in seven weeks before today was Man city. Hardly reason to start panicking.

But it is time for the club to sort out a suitable back up.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wonder if Bloom and Ashworth currently ponder our lack of goals and scorers.

No; I suspect that a PL Chairman who’s pumped £300m+ of his own money into his club, and his Technical Director who spent 6 years as Director of Elite Development at the FA have never given it a moment’s thought.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was always going to happen.

Anyone crowing at the start of the season really has no sense of history.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This was always going to happen.

Anyone crowing at the start of the season really has no sense of history.

April 1912, 1,500 lives lost. A disaster for Harland & Wolfe.

Tet Offensive Jan 1968. Largest military campaign of the war

6 June 1968. Robert Kennedy, Ambassador Hotel, LA.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We’ve probably got the 3rd or 4th smallest playing budget in the league this season so our plummet down the table was inevitable unfortunately.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No; I suspect that a PL Chairman who’s pumped £300m+ of his own money into his club, and his Technical Director who spent 6 years as Director of Elite Development at the FA have never given it a moment’s thought.

Maybe they need to think about it again then?

I think even they know the answer. Have players who can actually put the ball in the net. The work is there, right up to the opportunity. It's a recruitment issue based around the fact that the capability of our players isn't up to scratch.

We've bought Mini Metros and trained them to perform like Aston Martens, but at the end of the day they are still Mini Metros. Ok, maybe not Metros. Say VW Golfs.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We’ve probably got the 3rd or 4th smallest playing budget in the league this season so our plummet down the table was inevitable unfortunately.

How many teams spent less than £50m, in the last window?
While routinely spending around that amount in every Summer window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meh, I’m resigned to us slowly dropping down the league, being overtaken by Palace, maybe another injury and the inevitability of a relegation scrap….

If that happens you won't be the only one resigned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Meh, I’m resigned to us slowly dropping down the league, being overtaken by Palace, maybe another injury and the inevitability of a relegation scrap….

I trust Giraffe’s tracker. It’s been spot on for all our time in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here