Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Usual story……

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't often agree with you but, you are, as are most of us, Absolutely bang on the money on this one.

We cannot, are not and will not progress until we get a good one.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There’s nothing wrong with not starting a striker, in fact I like Trossard starting as a false 9.

BUT the starting 11 today was strange as you need legs around him to get us forward quicker like March and Mwepu. Gross and Moder starting was a big mistake, Gross was awful and his ****ing set pieces drive me to distraction!!

With Mwepu missing, we should have started Maupay and March instead of those two.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is hardly a revelation we all patiently waited in the summer thinking surely we won’t go another season with the same attacking options.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I totally agree and am so sick of the usual suspects rushing along to the defend the club with lines such as “so quick so spend other peoples money” or “we have plenty of other scoring options”.

Facts are this is a football forum and to the vast majority of fans it’s abundantly clear we are in desperate need of a striker. Secondly those “other options” simply do not score goals in the PL as has been proven this season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I always regard a false 9 as being an indication either your recognised strikers aren’t good enough or that you haven’t been able to get one good enough (or both). Yes sometimes it’ll work, but because something worked against Liverpool it doesn’t mean it will against Newcastle or Leeds. For the tactical genius he is often hailed as, Potter does get very guilty of finding something and sticking with it even when it isn’t working.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did we actually make any chances for a striker to put away?

This.

Also how many new threads do we needs about today's result?

I genuinely believe that some posters are unaware that there is a transfer window and it isn't open.

Or that (for a few more days) we are in our highest ever league position.

One thing we can all agree on is that shipping two late goals was painful.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is the one thing that Bloom has got wrong imo.

How many points would we have now if we had a striker to put goals away? How different would the result tonight have been?

More so than many other clubs, a striker in this team would be an absolute investment. If we had a 15+ goal a season we could literally be knocking on the door of European football.

We were clearly trying to sign a striker in the summer, not sure it is Bloom getting it wrong as to the reason we didn't get one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This.

Also how many new threads do we needs about today's result?

I genuinely believe that some posters are unaware that there is a transfer window and it isn't open.

Or that (for a few more days) we are in our highest ever league position.

One thing we can all agree on is that shipping two late goals was painful.
Some posters are dinning for far to long on some season success. Seven games without a win two against the worst sides in the league.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There’s nothing wrong with not starting a striker, in fact I like Trossard starting as a false 9.

BUT the starting 11 today was strange as you need legs around him to get us forward quicker like March and Mwepu. Gross and Moder starting was a big mistake, Gross was awful and his ****ing set pieces drive me to distraction!!

With Mwepu missing, we should have started Maupay and March instead of those two.

You can faff about with tactics as much as you like, but it doesn’t take away the fact that if we had a striker which matches the quality of the rest of the team, we’d win more games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here