Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Guinness Zero

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sold out everywhere up here and not that surprised unless there are supply issues. Sets a new "bar" in non-alcoholic tipples.

Unlike most other non alcoholic beers out there, this is very very nice, especially when ice cold from the fridge.

Anyone else tried it ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sold out everywhere up here and not that surprised unless there are supply issues. Sets a new "bar" in non-alcoholic tipples.

Unlike most other non alcoholic beers out there, this is very very nice, especially when ice cold from the fridge.

Anyone else tried it ?

Yes, it is a step change for 0% as in it actually tastes the same, pours the same, looks the same. The only thing that has come close is Brewdog 0% punk but Guinness have nailed it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nope. I'm not a perfect person but no one can accuse me of drinking non-alcoholic beer and it will remain that way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give it a go, they've done a very good job.

If you can get hold of it.

Guiness always tasted a bit shit. It's only redeeming feature was that it contained alcohol. Without the warm glow of the effect of the alcohol, it's on a par with Dr. Pepper's (and that is setting the bar really low!)

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, it is a step change for 0% as in it actually tastes the same, pours the same, looks the same. The only thing that has come close is Brewdog 0% punk but Guinness have nailed it.

Adnam's Ghost Ship is excellent - although I think it's low alcohol rather than zero. You wouldn't think it's not the real thing .

I fancy given that Guiness a try though/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I just can’t see the point in no alcohol beers and wines. I’d much rather have a nice Orannge juice and lemonade or a cup of tea.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you still have to spend half the day in the bog after a few pints of this I see no point if it doesn’t contain alcohol
???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As an aid for recovering alcoholics?

I work with alcoholics both in recovery and in the abuse stage, it’s really not recommended for alcoholics. There are so many triggers involved in purchasing and drinking non alcoholic beverages that it’s far too risky for most addicts.
From walking through the booze aisle, using a bottle opener, the sound of it being poured, the taste.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t work for some but it’s something we discourage for sure .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Adnam's Ghost Ship is excellent - although I think it's low alcohol rather than zero. You wouldn't think it's not the real thing .

I fancy given that Guiness a try though/
Ghost Ship is available in an Adult Version and very nice it is too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Shirley everyone knows ... < insert name > zero = bland low grade crap?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Guiness always tasted a bit shit. It's only redeeming feature was that it contained alcohol. Without the warm glow of the effect of the alcohol, it's on a par with Dr. Pepper's (and that is setting thw bar really low!)

What?! Guinness is lovely! You'll be telling me Marmite is horrible next!

And Dr Pepper's? Disgusting stuff.

Oh and please can all the people who are spelling Guinness as 'Guiness' stop. It's driving me crazy! :lolol:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I work with alcoholics both in recovery and in the abuse stage, it’s really not recommended for alcoholics. There are so many triggers involved in purchasing and drinking non alcoholic beverages that it’s far too risky for most addicts.
From walking through the booze aisle, using a bottle opener, the sound of it being poured, the taste.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t work for some but it’s something we discourage for sure .

I work in a similar field. Definitely wouldn't recommend 0% beer to a recovering alcoholic. Not in a million years

el punal

Cold Guinness? Cold, non-alcoholic Guinness? Have a ****ing word.

I have never seen the point of drinking non-alcoholic beer, and certainly not non-alcoholic Guinness. If I wanted to drink non-alcoholic beer I would have stuck with Watney’s Red Barrel - but then I’ve never really been a lover of cat’s piss. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here