Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Diddly Squat Farm

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whilst traveling through the Cotswolds last week I thought I'd treat my Daughter to a trip to Diddly Squat Farm, that well known establishment owned by Jeremy Clarkson. As we turned the corner and the sign came into view the screams from the back of the car proved the journey to be worthwhile. Then the queues came into view. Blimey. We parked up and took a wander around. Expensive is an understatement. Took around 1 hour to get into the shed sized shop where very little is available. Candles £22, beanie hats £22 and other souvenirs. Biggest seller was a 1 litre milk bottle at £6.10. But to cap off the day Jezza himself turned up driving his JCB with a pallet full of said bottles. Sadly he didn't drop them all.
It's a farm shop with no real farm shop goods (£7 pork pies was all I saw) but the money going through the till will certainly make the owner very very rich.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On that bombshell . . . . .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did think the character was amusing 20 odd years ago, but yet another example of how satire can become reality :shootself

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A different angle on the tradition of Brighton fans and visiting farm shops.
Looks like you have reached the summit and visited the blue riband of such establishments.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Loved the series but wouldn't pay those prices.

I have a relative who is a farmer and his prices aren't even close to that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah the farm was great.
You needed to be able to look past Clarkson playing to type, but after he got that out of his system it was joyous.

Gerald + combine harvester = biggest laugh of the year.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Double post

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst traveling through the Cotswolds last week I thought I'd treat my Daughter to a trip to Diddly Squat Farm, that well known establishment owned by Jeremy Clarkson. As we turned the corner and the sign came into view the screams from the back of the car proved the journey to be worthwhile. Then the queues came into view. Blimey. We parked up and took a wander around. Expensive is an understatement. Took around 1 hour to get into the shed sized shop where very little is available. Candles £22, beanie hats £22 and other souvenirs. Biggest seller was a 1 litre milk bottle at £6.10. But to cap off the day Jezza himself turned up driving his JCB with a pallet full of said bottles. Sadly he didn't drop them all.
It's a farm shop with no real farm shop goods (£7 pork pies was all I saw) but the money going through the till will certainly make the owner very very rich.

I think from the name to the prices, he’s taking the piss. I find him amusing, watchable and readable ( I am well aware I’m in the minority on here) and if people are stupid or gullible enough to queue to spend money on overpriced stuff (presumably to be able to say “I was there”) then good luck to him :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? I genuinely thought they weren’t, fantastic news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Far and away Amazon's biggest programme.

They tried to generate a bit of 'will they won't they' publicity, but it was going nowhere as a second series was never in doubt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I did quite enjoy the series but basically he's conned Amazon into paying him millions to make an advert for his farm shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here