Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any one else having difficulty ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
... getting a second Moderna Covid jab ?

Ask because the NHS and doctors have been useless for Mrs WS.

She's due a second jab and when trying to book it comes up as no local places available .... please try again later. Trying every day for three weeks but still no availability. Phones 119 to ask why and apparently you have to have the same second jab as your first but they have no idea why she can't book it. They'll get back to her in 5 days. No call back so Mrs WS phones again to be told she'll need to go to Birmingham or Sheffield to get it or phone her doctor. So she phones a chemist in Bevendean that was doing it to be told they they have stopped using it and even pops into Churchill Square drop in clinic to be told they will no longer do it. Phones her doctor to be told that she should phone 119.

Yet the government and NHS want us all double jabbed !!!!!

Need to be double jabbed to get to France this New Year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Any option to start again with AZ? Have 2 of them? Just a punt based on zero knowledge.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
We are having the same trouble getting a booster jab. Nothing local. We do not run a car so must rely on public transport from newhaven.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought all the booster jabs were Pfizer?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you have to wait to be notified. 6 months after 2nd jab?

That’s my understanding - once you get the text notification from your surgery you can book in to any clinic (or walk in without booking). If you try to book online earlier (ie booking before your 6 months are up even if the actual jab date is after that) the options will be much fewer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you have to wait to be notified. 6 months after 2nd jab?

I got my booster (Pfizer, not AZ like my first 2) by asking at my GP surgery. Yet my pal who is 10 years older was fobbed off 2 weeks later. All a bit of a mess. Surprised adults still haven't been invited for third jab let alone second.....

ps best wishes OP :thumbsup:

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
All well and good putting out info about your booster jabs, but the OP wants to know how to get the SECOND jab for his wife. Any one care to answer that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

She's due a second jab and when trying to book it comes up as no local places available .... please try again later. Trying every day for three weeks but still no availability. Phones 119 to ask why and apparently you have to have the same second jab as your first but they have no idea why she can't book it. They'll get back to her in 5 days. No call back so Mrs WS phones again to be told she'll need to go to Birmingham or Sheffield to get it or phone her doctor. So she phones a chemist in Bevendean that was doing it to be told they they have stopped using it and even pops into Churchill Square drop in clinic to be told they will no longer do it. Phones her doctor to be told that she should phone 119.

First person I have heard of that cant get a jab when due

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All well and good putting out info about your booster jabs, but the OP wants to know how to get the SECOND jab for his wife. Any one care to answer that.

Well a couple of people kinda did at the beginning of the thread, me being one of them. But as usual the thread has been hijacked! :p

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Did she receive notification she was due her second jab by text from her surgery ? the text I received from my surgery for my booster gives a link to booking online which I did not notice when i first viewed it. I made the mistake of tapping in to Google " Booking a Covid Booster jab " and ended up at a government web site where, after filling in some details was told to go to Brighton, Chichester or Crawley.... I tried " Walk in " jabs and got Woking, Coulsden and Portsmouth ! I live in Worthing !

Using the link I found in my original text message got me linked to the Charmandean Centre in Worthing and so now, i'm going to get my booster in about 10 days time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here