Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle Fans

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I've seen a few posts on here praising the Toon Fans yesterday, My experience was the opposite.
Leaving the WSU yesterday, I thought I'd emerged out into 1976.

Did anyone see the lad with, shall we say, 'Learning difficulties' doing the wanker sign in the faces of pensioners, women and children, walking towards the coach park? Can you imagine the outcry if he had received the slap that he deserved?

Hearing the Dulcet Geordie tones of 'Does your boyfriend know your here?'

Lads proudly announcing them selves as United as they exited the South West corner, to us old Farts having a last drink after the game.
That's the point lads, You're allowed to have a drink with us after the match, We don't care as long as you're not Palace.

I was on the verge of screaming for a Policeman.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not so sure that we were very good yesterday. I didn't see anything, and certainly didn't hear anything, castigating them for their embrace of their repulsive new regime. Like our team, our fans were passive. It's never clear which way round it happens, but a bit more volume and inclination from our fans might have lifted the team out of their slumber.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Screaming in our faces that Biss is a sex offender wasn't nice as walked up to the coach park.

However I'm sure idiots in our fanbase would do the same if another teams player had been arrested for an offence

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not so sure that we were very good yesterday. I didn't see anything, and certainly didn't hear anything, castigating them for their embrace of their repulsive new regime. Like our team, our fans were passive. It's never clear which way round it happens, but a bit more volume and inclination from our fans might have lifted the team out of their slumber.

Slumber you say? I think the team were in a coma for most of the match, and no amount of noise would have brought them out of that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Same as most teams' fans isn't it? On an individual level I know a couple of Toon fans who were there yesterday. Had a civilised pint with one after the game and got the train back to Brighton with them, caught up with the other pre-game, and we didn't have the need to insult each other in any way. At the other end there are the horse punchers and homophobic tea-towel wearers who'd struggle to make a halfwit between them. And the vast majority are just lads and men having a good day out.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Geordie fans make great pets, we have 2 at home and one that sleeps in a tree in the garden, if you look after them and keep them away from soap and water you have a friend for life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was hoping that there’d be more Tequila Bissouma chants to counteract their booing of Biss. Pissed me off unreasonably that it carried on for the whole game, but not unexpected. It did cross my mind that it might be affecting him and a bit more support from Albion fans would have been good. Sadly I am not a chant starter from the 1901 :down:

They were loud and got behind their team well but it did feel like a bit of a throwback to the 70’s I agree around the stadium pre and post match. I didn’t see any real aggro though

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Screaming in our faces that Biss is a sex offender wasn't nice as walked up to the coach park.

However I'm sure idiots in our fanbase would do the same if another teams player had been arrested for an offence

Yep all teams have their moronic minority of supporters. If it has been a Toon player who had been arrested, our fans would have been doing the same thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. They were booing Biss's every touch earlydoors til they got bored of doing it. We'd have done exactly the same if he wasn't one of ours. Them's the rules :shrug:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
The problem these days is that morons like these can scream stuff like that knowing that a home fan is unlikely to give them a cuff because with CCTV and club bosses like Barber just itching to issue a banning order they can get away with it. I'm sure many of us on here have had to restrain the urge to stick one on a bellicose northern bellend...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Last two home games on the steps has seen some exchanges, I am sure it will be different for the champions of Europe

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wanker on the train offering people out when we got to falmer, nothing happened.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last two home games on the steps has seen some exchanges, I am sure it will be different for the champions of Europe

A shame in a way that home fans are funnelled into that area at the bottom of the coach park steps as they make their getaway post match, just as the away contingent are released from the south stand just opposite.

Has the potential for trouble written all over it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A shame in a way that home fans are funnelled into that area at the bottom of the coach park steps as they make their getaway post match, just as the away contingent are released from the south stand just opposite.

Has the potential for trouble written all over it.

Tough one with a 7 year old in toe but equally a great advert for the importance of applying yourself at school

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When our train to Falmer got to Lewes a fair few Newcastle fans got on, we were treated to anti Sunderland songs for the rest of the journey, good fun to be honest and absolutely no trouble or abuse aimed at any Albion fans.
Didn’t bump into any giving abuse after the match, just saw and heard them singing Newcastle songs.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn't hear anything on my way to the coach park post match, but I do have the ability to block out most inane conversation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here