Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Brighton way

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Raising our game or lowering our game to match the opposition seems to be the Brighton way at present. Just an observation. Although you have to bear in mind that I know NOTHING about football.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think Talksport said we have only won 4 games out of the last 26 we have played vs teams in the bottom 3 [emoji15]

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Talksport said we have only won 4 games out of the last 26 we have played vs teams in the bottom 3 [emoji15]

Yeah, teams at the top don’t seem to battle as much as those at the bottom, and this allows us to play our best football. Newcastle dragged us down to their level by making it more fight than football.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That Leicester game seems a looooong time ago
The one where they were the better team ?

Think we had a lucky start to the season to be honest. We are reverting to mean now. Not that the mean is that bad , it's probably 13th/14th best team in the league !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

NorfolkGull

Oct 2, 2021

Think we had a lucky start to the season to be honest. We are reverting to mean now. Not that the mean is that bad , it's probably 13th/14th best team in the league !!

No, I meant the last time we won in the league.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
We have no idea how to beat a team that rock up to play with ten men behind the ball and they n the break. Been the same story since Potter arrived. Won’t change until the club finally invest in a striker that really offers defenders something to worry about.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Raising our game or lowering our game to match the opposition seems to be the Brighton way at present. Just an observation. Although you have to bear in mind that I know NOTHING about football.

This is exactly what me and my brother's Mrs said before kick off. We have the potential to absolutely demolish Newcastle but we'd almost certainly lower our game to match theirs.
It's so frustrating because you get games like last week where we go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the world, and then we struggle to scrape a draw against a shower of shit like Newcastle.
I can't see it changing any time soon.

For some reason we seemed to think the game was won when we scored and that perhaps was the team being over confident that Newcastle weren't going to improve? I thought it was a strange lethargic performance which is un Potter like. I probably don't know what I'm talking about but we just seemed so flat at times?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have no idea how to beat a team that rock up to play with ten men behind the ball and they n the break. Been the same story since Potter arrived. Won’t change until the club finally invest in a striker that really offers defenders something to worry about.
Although we do, we didn’t fanny about for the Watford and Leicester games we played quite direct Potter said he changed a few things after these wins why we didn’t continue only he knows.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This needs sorting out.

We cannot keep being seen as a soft touch by promoted and struggling teams. We so obviously don't like it up us. Out fought and out muscled. Why don't we 'want' these games? Why can't we have a modified style for these types of opponent.

Change of subject. Villa desperately need a win. Oh fukk. Bend me over and start rogering me now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A striker, you say?

Now, it may surprise many but I find it odd that we haven't considered this before. Why is is that Barber and Potter are so dead set against even making any inquiries about the multitudes of available talent out there?

Look at that Odsone Edwards. Why didn't we even consider swooping for the lad when he was at Celtic? And Danny Ings!

It's a worry, and no mistake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This needs sorting out.

We cannot keep being seen as a soft touch by promoted and struggling teams. We so obviously don't like it up us. Out fought and out muscled. Why don't we 'want' these games? Why can't we have a modified style for these types of opponent.

Change of subject. Villa desperately need a win. Oh fukk. Bend me over and start rogering me now.

It's a generous offer but frankly, my dear, you're not my type.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For some reason we seemed to think the game was won when we scored and that perhaps was the team being over confident that Newcastle weren't going to improve? I thought it was a strange lethargic performance which is un Potter like. I probably don't know what I'm talking about but we just seemed so flat at times?

I agree. I think in these matches there's a fine line between patience and complacency.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This needs sorting out.

Hope not, I can see a few knives being sharpened on here already, another poor performance and they’ll start getting used :smile:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Agreed, we're one win from bottom half already, normality will be swiftly resumed. 12th would still be bestest ever.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

As a slightly related counterpoint, I saw a chart this morning listing where all the PL teams' goals had come from this season*– forwards, midfielders and defenders. Brighton were top in terms of the contribution from forwards –*by a lot :shrug: Not sure whether that included Trossard's goal from yesterday.

I don't totally disagree with the 'we need to sign another striker in January' crowd, but when the current front line are doing their job, then it slightly negates the need for someone else, no?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love how we fanny and faff around with the ball for what seems like a yottasecond, until the ball gets cut out in the centre circle.

Biss then dives on the player with the ball.
Wins it back.
Instantly bangs it out wide.
Boom
&
Boom
A second later the team are either at the by-line or in the opposition box.

Begging the question - 'what the frack were you doing previously?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here