Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 5 months beyond your second vaccination jab?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks - booked mine in for just over 2 weeks! :thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We just walked in for our booster in Eastbourne, worth a try for your second jab.

Thank you, where was this? There was a walk in place at the Beacon but that appears to have closed now too, been past it a few times. Theres a new "digital" medical centre opened by Sainsburys though I cant see that they are advertising that they do vaccines

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Must be different in different parts of the country. Up here in St Helens I couldn't book until today which is exactly 6 months + 1 week since my 2nd jab. Managed to get a slot next Saturday but a lot of vaccination sites aren't offering slots until nearly the end of November. Had to shop around quite a bit on the NHS site to find an early date!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Booked mine for Churchill Square.

If any anti-vaxers want to stop this happening on the 26th there will some serious chair luzzing coming your way.

PM me if there are herberts, and I'll drive over to pile in.

I've recently mastered the art of using poor quality meat in a stew. When it's vegan-fed meat, it needs a little extra salt, but in these difficult times I say waste not, want not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must be different in different parts of the country. Up here in St Helens I couldn't book until today which is exactly 6 months + 1 week since my 2nd jab. Managed to get a slot next Saturday but a lot of vaccination sites aren't offering slots until nearly the end of November. Had to shop around quite a bit on the NHS site to find an early date!

Evening squire.

It is chaotic but it is navigable. Albeit only for the persistent or patient. Which will be a worry for many. As one can see for my post above about my 77 year old pal.

I'd be first in the queue to use this as a stick to beat Boris but I don't think he has any role in this. Just saying, like. Tomorrow, however, is another day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m in Brighton and that weblink still won’t allow my teen daughter (asthmatic) or me to book a booster.

Because - we’re not 182 days post second jab and my guess is that the successful stampede tonight is from the 60+’s.

(Other than much younger [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]).

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I understand the NHS national vaccination booking site has been updated and will now allow you to book a booster when you are 2 jabs + 5 months, although you can't book the actual appointment until a date 6 months after your second jab.

Maybe get in quick before this becomes common knowledge and the site is deluged, as it opens it up to c10m people.

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Great call and have just booked up for the Sunday after our Southampton away win.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I’m in Brighton and that weblink still won’t allow my teen daughter (asthmatic) or me to book a booster.

Because - we’re not 182 days post second jab and my guess is that the successful stampede tonight is from the 60+’s.

Nope, I’m 56 and had my 2nd one day short of 5 months ago, easily booked my booster earlier on NHS website.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

How very dare you, only 58 next month

:angry::angry::angry:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Well, I'm certainty in the 60+ demographic mentioned by Weststander in his reply to my post, but I was also able to book for my 32 yo (and autistic/diabetic) son, so.......

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I received an NHS text asking me to book my booster and was jabbed on Monday just gone - felt $hit 24 hours later but it passed by next morning ....

WARNING - they will not administer the booster if it is LESS THAN 180 days since your second vaccination - check your dates carefully before booking to avoid a wasted journey.

Just as an aside, my booster was the new Pfizer's Comirnaty - anyone else had this revised Pfizer offering?
The notes say I need a follow-up jab three weeks after this,

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I received an NHS text asking me to book my booster and was jabbed on Monday just gone - felt $hit 24 hours later but it passed by next morning ....

WARNING - they will not administer the booster if it is LESS THAN 180 days since your second vaccination - check your dates carefully before booking to avoid a wasted journey.

Just as an aside, my booster was the new Pfizer's Comirnaty - anyone else had this revised Pfizer offering?
The notes say I need a follow-up jab three weeks after this,

So they are saying you need a booster for your booster?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Everyone I know who had the booster has felt shytte

It was the first one that got me....felt propper shite. Don't fancy that again, so might give the booster a miss tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here