Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Owen Patterson M.P.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Did anyone expect anything else for this bunch?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont know who he is or what he has done but given he is a politician I'd say there is a 92,5% chance he should go **** himself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am thinking of setting up a new financial company to make it easier for our MPs to accept bribes

MPAYPAL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dont know who he is or what he has done but given he is a politician I'd say there is a 92,5% chance he should go **** himself.

It's nothing to do with him being a politician and everything to do with this being part of this crop of Conservative politicians. This episode is absolutely disgusting.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Typical Tories.... How anyone can vote for them is beyond me... Mind you...It's close between them and the dodgy greens!

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Is my understanding correct? That rather than accept the findings of an impartial parliamentary investigation into this individual’s behaviour, he’s persuaded his colleagues to instead vote for a complete reworking of the rules around MPs behaviour, conveniently letting himself off the hook, and avoiding the risk of a by-election?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's nothing to do with him being a politician and everything to do with this being part of this crop of Conservative politicians. This episode is absolutely disgusting.

Indeed. And the tin hat bleat that 'all politicians are the same' does only one thing - it encourages them.

The sad thing is this shower not only hope to get away with this, they know they will.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is my understanding correct? That rather than accept the findings of an impartial parliamentary investigation into this individual’s behaviour, he’s persuaded his colleagues to instead vote for a complete reworking of the rules around MPs behaviour, conveniently letting himself off the hook, and avoiding the risk of a by-election?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.

JCFG will be along to explain why this is the right course of action, to us, bleeding heart lefties, soon, I'm sure.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But the Prime Minister has intervened on his behalf.....so that's all right then.

A serial liar and philanderer that very few people trust intervening on behalf of somebody who has been found guilty of using House of Commons Notepaper and his Parliamentary Office facilities, which WE pay for, to further his own commercial interests and those of companies by which he is paid, remunerated, as a consultant, all of which is very heavily against the rules.

It stinks.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Indeed. And the tin hat bleat that 'all politicians are the same' does only one thing - it encourages them.

The sad thing is this shower not only hope to get away with this, they know they will.

We no longer have a Parliamentary Government in charge of the country, we have a very successful crime syndicate in charge.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typical Tories.... How anyone can vote for them is beyond me... Mind you...It's close between them and the dodgy greens!

Unfair.

It is the current crop and the creeping lie factory, invented by 'Call Me Dave' (the pig ****er) and his Bullingdon chums. Dilletantes, chancers and trustafarians, playing at politics because they can.

Decent tories need to get shot of them, pronto, and drain the swamp.

And the Greens are irrelevant nationally.

Apart from that, great post :thumbsup:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Unfair.

It is the current crop and the creeping lie factory, invented by 'Call Me Dave' (the pig ****er) and his Bullingdon chums. Dilletantes, chancers and trustafarians, playing at politics because they can.

Decent tories need to get shot of them, pronto, and drain the swamp.

And the Greens are irrelevant nationally.

Apart from that, great post :thumbsup:

Decent tories... is that an oxymoron?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

I've said in other threads that some of my family are very old-school, long-standing Conservatives (of the more moderate kind) and they wouldn't touch this lot with a barge-pole. I think they're of the view that since Hague the party hasn't really stuck to any Conservative principles but Cameron onwards has been particularly bleak and they've not even been able to hold their nose and still vote Tory. Have to hope enough other more moderate/centrist Tories feel the same to change the direction, but doesn't look good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Decent tories... is that an oxymoron?

No. There are some.

The 'tory scum' trope is not appropriate and is part of the reason labour STILL don't have enough support to dislodge this crime gang.

Floating voters win elections and suggesting that anyone who has voted in the past for the tories is, by definition, not decent is what labour used to call 'no compromise with the electorate'.

I want change, and saying 'yah boo' to former tory voters (and we are all former voters till the next time we vote) should not be part of the campaign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here