Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any else feeling unapologetically in the mood for Christmas?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dark mornings and evenings, rubbish weather, good football, clocks going back an hour, shops filling up with Christmas related items...

https://youtu.be/aAkMkVFwAoo

Sorry if I upset any old gits on here by starting a Christmas thread...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would imagine given last year, a lot of people will be looking forward to it more than useful. Without wanting to derail the thread already, it does make the recent Government mutterings about Plan B all the more strange. If they F it up and screw up Christmas again, it will be a PR disaster.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, Christmas doesn't start here until 7:30pm next Sunday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Christmas should begin on 25 December and stop immediately on the 26th.

Tedious consumer driven borefest.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes, I'm almost out of socks pants and some exotically named aftershave that once applied smells like Tweed, Can't wait .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No. Never. And especially at Christmas.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Christmas starts at Christmas Eve and ends on 6 Jan. None of this November to Boxing Day bollocks the Yanks do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
This year, Yes. Yes, I am.

Last year, no. Last Christmas we'd just moved into a new house which I was smashing to bits before renovating. So, for most of December I used to sweep up at 7pm, throw an old rug on the floor, bring the TV back in the lounge from the next room under a dust cover, then sit in squalor with an unhappy Mrs Nose, whining like broken generator whilst watching Christmas telly.

Now, we're all finished, I've bought a new Christmas Tree - and I'm looking forward to some good TV, some candles and cheery twinkly lights!

This does not veer me from my belief that it is indeed a consumer driven load of bollocks, but for some reason I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The leaves on my oak trees have barely started turning brown and yet the talk turns to Christmas!

Well I for one enjoy Autumn - the colours, thick soups, warm fleeces, the switch from lager to craft ales, lighting a wood fire etc. Christmas can wait until mid-December.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've already smashed through two tubs of cheese footballs so, yes, why the hell not?

I've held off buying mince pies thus far cos October, but it really could be game on tomorrow cos November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here