Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope, it’ll be all about how unlucky Liverpool were and what went wrong. Most of the highlights will be Liverpool play and the post match talk will be about Liverpool with a brief begrudging tip of the hat to Potter ( who needs to go to a bigger club to prove himself)

Let me know if I’m wrong please and I’ll watch it tomorrow morning

Watch it tomorrow morning. It’s a good one.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I liked the fact that Klopp was having a laugh with Potter at the start about his beard. Fair to say our bearded wonder out thought Klopp today

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well, wasn't that nice!

But I did notice that none of our players seemed to appeal for the Mane handball - which was a bit odd as I thought it was straight away.

I’m quite glad they didn’t appeal. All goals are checked, it obviously hit his hand. All the players running over to the ref to complain when it’ll be checked either way is a pet peeve of mine - even more so when the argue after the VAR check.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Not sure Wright did say anything. But Shearer’s impressed by Mwepu. He’s generally quite complimentary about the way we’re run anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just thought it was too far out with other defenders close enough to get to Zaha though.

Ridiculous that that was a red and Evans for Leicester was a yellow. No consistency at all. If anything, Evans was worse.

Zaha is still a **** though.

Yeah the Evans one was way worse. Utterly ridiculous, Zaha seems to have a charmed life.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I stand corrected, not a word about Liverpool, just complimentary about how we outplayed them and how they couldn't cope with our passing and confidence.
Well done motd.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
No matter who we play or how well we do.... they still put us on third . 90 + minutes of drama , guts and passion reduced to a quick run through that did nothing to capture the spirit of what happened.
MOTD used to be better back in the old days when they just showed 2 games, but showed more of them ....with less studio yacking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I LOVE those Reece James goals! Beautiful clean strikes!

Lamptey made exactly the right move refusing to sign a new contract and coming here. Playing now for a manager who plays however young you might be if you are good enough and I really doubt he’d have got much PL experience if he’d stayed at Chelsea, dislodging James would be a very tall order.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watch it tomorrow morning. It’s a good one.

I was channel hopping and did have a quick look only to find it was the start of our game so of course I stayed with it. I was wrong, they gave us plenty of post match airtime and the balance of play was shown pretty fairly. I still get the impression that Lineker would sweep Albion under the carpet and ignore us by choice though :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was channel hopping and did have a quick look only to find it was the start of our game so of course I stayed with it. I was wrong, they gave us plenty of post match airtime and the balance of play was shown pretty fairly. I still get the impression that Lineker would sweep Albion under the carpet and ignore us by choice though :smile:

We beat his beloved Leicester. Shearer is always fair to us.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No matter who we play or how well we do.... they still put us on third . 90 + minutes of drama , guts and passion reduced to a quick run through that did nothing to capture the spirit of what happened.
MOTD used to be better back in the old days when they just showed 2 games, but showed more of them ....with less studio yacking.

Christ some folk are so precious. Most other weekends we'd have been first up, but spurs - united was always going to be a big draw with everything going on at both clubs. Palace beat City away, we drew. It was pretty obvious we'd likely be third on to most people I'd have thought.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I managed to tune in at exactly the point where Liverpool were celebrating a 3-0 lead. Perfect!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope, it’ll be all about how unlucky Liverpool were and what went wrong. Most of the highlights will be Liverpool play and the post match talk will be about Liverpool with a brief begrudging tip of the hat to Potter ( who needs to go to a bigger club to prove himself)

Let me know if I’m wrong please and I’ll watch it tomorrow morning

WRONG!!!!!

It was all about us! They barely mentioned Liverpool :eek:

My dear old pal Bob the (former) social worker, who saw the Beatles live more than 20 times in the 60s, didn't want to speak about the game when I joined him for the 5.30 TV match.

But when I arrived, he did give me a look. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ some folk are so precious. Most other weekends we'd have been first up, but spurs - united was always going to be a big draw with everything going on at both clubs. Palace beat City away, we drew. It was pretty obvious we'd likely be third on to most people I'd have thought.

Quite. Can't be arsed to scroll back further than your post in this thread.

We went 26 years without a league match of ours being on MOTD at all. Not once.

I marvel at the sense of entitledment and pettiness some people embrace with not one ounce of introspection.

Anyway, the Amex is far too small and difficult to get to. Nobody outside of Brighton has ever heard of any of our players. And when are we going to bloody well win something, then? Eh? EH!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here