Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Vanilla tickets

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was always told as a kid, never trust anyone from Easthill

I have to say, it has proven to be extremely good advice for the last 50 years :wink:

So. how many tickets are on sale ? I would guess 3000

*cough* Foredown rules *cough* :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's make it easy for you.

I don't think many are questioning the eventual volume of tickets available, more the staggered release for which a decent explanation might be a little slow in coming.

No need to be rude, dear.

There are posts on this thread questioning the total amount of seats requested by BarberOut!!! :shrug:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Actually I’ve been to well over 300 including those I’ve just visited without seeing games at but still your 372 is impressive - you need to get out, I mean stay in, more!

But I don’t agree about Villa Park. I’ve been there a lot through family roots and honestly loathe the place. Both my grandfathers supported them, and boy did they go on about this great club that invented football, or similar. Aston is a complete ****hole, the whole place should be knocked down and rebuilt. It’s not necessarily about the 4 sheds that you watch from, but also about the fans who create the atmosphere. They are locked in 1982, genuinely think they are superior to most other clubs and fans as a result, have a fairly hard core of fans who cause as much trouble as many and more than most but get sanctimonious when they get it in return, seem to relish others losing more than their own team winning (were you there the year we didn’t win the title in a game that meant absolutely nothing to them), etc etc. When Dr Tony took them over, he said within 5 years they would be one of the top 6 sides in the WORLD, yes really he said that!

A few Wet Spam coloured seats and a banner saying ‘The Holte End - the 12th man’ doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid. When you are up there, ask them when they last won a trophy? And yet they have an ongoing feud with Newcastle fans about trophies etc FFS.

Wow, you really don't like them. Personally never had an issue going there and imo its a smart looking old stadium with a lot of character.

Not sure as a BHA fan we've got a leg to stand on trying to goad villa fans by asking when they last won a trophy. Do they really have a 'feud' with Newcastle fans over trophies!? Can't imagine why... Villa win that pretty comfortably (for now) anyway

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Wow, you really don't like them. Personally never had an issue going there and imo its a smart looking old stadium with a lot of character.

Not sure as a BHA fan we've got a leg to stand on trying to goad villa fans by asking when they last won a trophy. Do they really have a 'feud' with Newcastle fans over trophies!? Can't imagine why... Villa win that pretty comfortably (for now) anyway

Yes fair point! I may be wrong about the trophy thing, I think it started when Vile goaded the Newcastle fans when they got relegated there and there’s no love lost apparently. No don’t like that club, never have, they take themselves too seriously. Actually I first started watching football as a kid in the 70s when Albion and Vile were rivals and played some famous games in the old 2nd and 3rd divisions! Funny to think that 10 years later they won the European Cup, now they won’t shut up about it! You have to be almost 50 to properly remember that and older to have been at the game, doesn’t stop the Villa yoof yapping on about it though! Yippee aye eh, yippee aye oh …

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Great stuff :shrug: I’ve done 372 if you’re comparing experiences but Villa park is widely regarded as one of the best stadiums about

It does seem most on here are more worried about the quality of the concourse, the transport (ever been to the AMEX) when considering a good away day mind so I’m definitely in the minority.

To be honest, I don't care what is 'widely regarded', it's my view that counts for me. An away day isn't just sitting on a seat watching a game (or standing in front of it). It's the travel, a good place to have a drink, stadium food etc etc. That doesn't mean those things are more important that the actual match, they just all contribute to the experience.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
To be honest, I don't care what is 'widely regarded', it's my view that counts for me. An away day isn't just sitting on a seat watching a game (or standing in front of it). It's the travel, a good place to have a drink, stadium food etc etc. That doesn't mean those things are more important that the actual match, they just all contribute to the experience.

Yes, it’s more than just the bricks and mortar. Molineux always looks a nice ground on TV, better than when I saw Albion win there in the mid 80s, but they now sit the away fans below the home fans in the old John Ireland stand and I hear that the liquid coming down on you from above may politely be described as ‘used beer’, so I suspect that may impact one’s enjoyment somewhat! I’ve seen worse at other grounds to be fair, but most grounds don’t have home and away fans sat one above the other any more with a few exceptions.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Interesting - can't see that at all - just shows same blocks available as 9am with about 700 left now.

C9 2 Seats available
Q3 72 Seats available
P10 127 Seats available
Q2 286 Seats available
Q1 300 Seats available

You had me worried dazzer that i might have got it wrong so went back and checked my maths as follows
Q1 approx 320 based on 30 sold and 290 left
Q2 approx 800 40 deep x 20 wide 257 left
Q3 approx 360 40 deep x 18 wide 59 left
P10 approx 490 not so easy (but sections of 130 200 140 20) 116 left

so grand total 1970 with as you said 700 left & P9 and P11 still to open . As i stated cannot physically count these at the moment but estimate about 800 - 900
hope that helps DTH
ps off for a well earned beer now :cheers:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, it’s more than just the bricks and mortar. Molineux always looks a nice ground on TV, better than when I saw Albion win there in the mid 80s, but they now sit the away fans below the home fans in the old John Ireland stand and I hear that the liquid coming down on you from above may politely be described as ‘used beer’, so I suspect that may impact one’s enjoyment somewhat! I’ve seen worse at other grounds to be fair, but most grounds don’t have home and away fans sat one above the other any more with a few exceptions.

Can't say I witnessed anything like that the last two times we've played there (when fans could go). In fact, can't say I've witnessed anything like that at any EPL game in the last four and bit season.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Can't say I witnessed anything like that the last two times we've played there (when fans could go). In fact, can't say I've witnessed anything like that at any EPL game in the last four and bit season.

Less likely in the Premier when seats are more likely to be sold to season ticket holders. I know it happens in some of the West Midlands derbies there from what I am told by fans I know of the clubs involved, I haven’t seen it myself so it’s a bit of a friend of a friend story. I do know that the walk back through that subway was always a bit tasty and that I have definitely seen with my own eyes!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Likewise…not seen any issues at Wolves. Decent chats with them with them before and after outside the ground too.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have a theory that the club are trying to mitigate our away arrest and disorder statistics by tailored allocations to stop the general supporter categories getting tickets.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
First went to a packed Villa Park in the late 70’s in the Witton End. It’s never captured the same atmosphere since but still love going there.
It was the Albion's first ever away game in the top division... midweek night game after we got trounced by the Arsenal... yes we lost narrowly, but the trip on the seagull special, the floodlit game atmosphere.... always left an impression. I love going there, plus I have a couple of Villa mates, we always make a weekend of it.... its curry central.

PS I sold the program for this game, about 5 years ago.. £45.... glossy A4 publication.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It was the Albion's first ever away game in the top division... midweek night game after we got trounced by the Arsenal... yes we lost narrowly, but the trip on the seagull special, the floodlit game atmosphere.... always left an impression. I love going there, plus I have a couple of Villa mates, we always make a weekend of it.... its curry central.

PS I sold the program for this game, about 5 years ago.. £45.... glossy A4 publication.

As I said before, it of course depends on your own experiences, I have been there lots of times, often for local derbies, and those cheeky Villa fans tend to give a different reception for their local rivals compared to when the play Albion. It would be like a Villa fan saying they like going to Crystal Palace and have never had an issue there, or having Palace fans sat above Albion fans and not expecting there to be one or two missiles raining down …

But a few recent examples of why I dislike that club from a distance:
- Dean Smith only has to lose a couple of games and suddenly the job’s too big for him to manage such a massive club
- When Grealish left for £100m a lot of fans didn’t wish him well and understand why he needed to go, they were genuinely angry that he hadn’t seen the obvious opportunity of winning loads of trophies at Villa instead. If Citeh offered £100m for Dunk, don’t you think most Albion fans would understand and wish him well?
- When Grealish was punched by one fan against Birmingham, their fans were labelled scum by plenty at Villa, they took the moral high ground and even Dean Smith said that there were 20,000 egging him on, without any evidence. Yet when they played the same game in the Carling Cup a few years earlier it was apparently ok for their fans to smash up all of the toilets in the away end (that was as old as the Amex is now, to give it context) and rip out 150 seats. But Birmingham fans are scum, Villa fans saints apparently.
- What about the furore when Villa were allowed to walk in a goal against Leeds in the play offs because Leeds played on to score when a Villa player was injured. Villa had the chance to do the same when the VAR failed against Sheffield United in a game that ultimately kept them up, but did they return the favour?

I get that you must take as you find and if all of your experiences there have been positive then of course your views will be different to mine.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
For those interested / qualifying tomorrow still just over 400 left . this means we sold about 300 today
Still looking good to get to all season ticket holders especially if there is at least one more block to release

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
- What about the furore when Villa were allowed to walk in a goal against Leeds in the play offs because Leeds played on to score when a Villa player was injured. Villa had the chance to do the same when the VAR failed against Sheffield United in a game that ultimately kept them up, but did they return the favour?

Are you seriously suggesting any team would allow another to score because the technology failed to spot the ball going over the line? There is no comparison with that looking like you're going to kick the ball out but then playing on when a player is down.

I'm getting the impression that your real team is Birmingham!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just snapped up 2 in the front of the corner for me and the boy so a happy ending thanks to going to Swansea home game. Now time to build his points up further.

There were 25 left in the lower corner and some singles dotted about the other front tier.

Doesn’t look like we’ve taken P9 (yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last time I went to Villa - for “that” game - I remember the lower tier having a bar and concourse but not the upper. Is that still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here