Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City goals

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate how good city looked and how quick they break but what a pity we chose them to gift 3 goals in 1st half. Have looked at replay and no way was Sanchez fouled. Should have been his ball

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Appreciate how good city looked and how quick they break but what a pity we chose them to gift 3 goals in 1st half. Have looked at replay and no way was Sanchez fouled. Should have been his ball

Yup

He had 90 touches on the ball today, one of them was poor and immediatly you have a City player making a overhead kick to a teammate who had perfectly anticipated what was happening.

Someone said in the match thread that Sanchez needs to be benched. I say shit happens.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yup

He had 90 touches on the ball today, one of them was poor and immediatly you have a City player making a overhead kick to a teammate who had perfectly anticipated what was happening.

Someone said in the match thread that Sanchez needs to be benched. I say shit happens.

If it wasn't for a very poor shot he would have given Norwich 3 point last week, he needs something, Ryan would have got serious flack on here after those two cock ups, we don't score enough to compensate too many keeper errors

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If it wasn't for a very poor shot he would have given Norwich 3 point last week, he needs something, Ryan would have got serious flack on here after those two cock ups, we don't score enough to compensate too many keeper errors

Without wishing to be a contrarian, there’s **** all chance that Maty Ryan would have stopped that near post rocket in the opening minutes of tonight’s game. Swings and roundabouts, either way, Sanchez is still a colossal upgrade over Ryan.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Without wishing to be a contrarian, there’s **** all chance that Maty Ryan would have stopped that near post rocket in the opening minutes of tonight’s game. Swings and roundabouts, either way, Sanchez is still a colossal upgrade over Ryan.

Oh I agree but we can't afford an error a game in the PL if we don't score many

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So until we get a keeper that never makes a mistake I guess we’ll get these threads after every game ? Sanchez is 23, he’s not the finished article yet but he’s doing alright. He wasn’t the only player to make a cock-up that contributed to a goal today.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yup

Benched for ****ing who exactly? Some of our ‘fans’ make me want to give this shit up sometimes. He’s the best I’ve seen in our keeper’s kit in my 40 years.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Still plenty of credit in the bank on past performances as far as i am concerned . He will know that he has made some mistakes this season and so long as he learns and can cut them out it will be fine . It shows that he is not yet the finished product .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Great point and we would have likely conceded more.

I didn’t rate Ryan and still don’t, Sanchez on the other hand is very good, saved us numerous a few times.

All the goals were poor Sanchez, Cucurella, Dunk and Moder.

City were brilliant though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Benched for ****ing who exactly? Some of our ‘fans’ make me want to give this shit up sometimes. He’s the best I’ve seen in our keeper’s kit in my 40 years.

This.

Still a Grummitt man myself, but Sanchez has his whole career in front of him and will continue to improve.
Spanish international, but let’s bench him……. Ridiculous.

Edit - and Sanchez’s passing in the first half was as better than Emerson’s and arguably better than his outfield colleagues.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Sanchez should have come and punched the ball for the first goal but the bloke is superb. No coincidence how much better our defence is since he took over from Ryan. He must be the best on crosses in the EPL. He made a number of saves yesterday that his predecessor would have let in. At 23 he will make the odd error but is still learning his trade. We will be lucky if he is still here next season!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He probably would have done, he has a history of doing exactly that.
But Ryan still would have found a far less commanding way to let in 3 or more other goals instead.
In Ryan's reign Dunk's clearance would have clipped the underside of the bar and gone in.

Sanchez hasn't stopped playing high intensity top flight football for a full calendar year now.
Maybe we're seeing the first blip in his development, all perfectly natural, and something Roberts can deal with in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Oh god, are we now in the stage of 'can't criticise Sanchez because he's better than Ryan' mould?

Sanchez has made a couple of errors the last 2 games. It happens. Got away with it last week, cost us today.

Quite important that these don't knock his confidence or become regular. Maty Ryan was very good for 18 months and then literally seemed to forget how to save anything. We don't want similar decline with Sanchez. At his age though, seems unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Moving away from Sanchez (who did well yesterday I thought)

All the goals were errors gleefully pounced on. But what a peach, what an absolutely cluster**** their 4th goal was from an Albion point of view. The comedy lobbed cross pass over Dunk's head was sublime, but I think we could have allowed Mahrez just a little more space to express himself.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He probably would have done, he has a history of doing exactly that.
But Ryan still would have found a far less commanding way to let in 3 or more other goals instead.
In Ryan's reign Dunk's clearance would have clipped the underside of the bar and gone in.

Sanchez hasn't stopped playing high intensity top flight football for a full calendar year now.
Maybe we're seeing the first blip in his development, all perfectly natural, and something Roberts can deal with in a heartbeat.

Ryan had a huge weakness at stopping shots at his near post.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

If you’ve been supporting The Albion for 40 years you really should be past the fickle nature of our fans by now!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t have a complaint about the first goal but you often see those given as a foul on the keeper, it wasn’t imo. I’d love to know how Friend would have seen it if it had been at the other end of the pitch though….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here