Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10049147 said:
Has anyone's bins been emptied yet? Rubbish still piled head high on my street

No

Just opened the front door and the foxes have been at the bags I'm trying to hide in my old recycling boxes and under the bike covers!! Cunning buggers

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10049147 said:
Has anyone's bins been emptied yet? Rubbish still piled head high on my street

Yesterday both the recycling and general rubbish, they also seemed to have cleared the rubbish in central Brighton; an improvement on last week when the bins were emptied but the rubbish surrounding them left.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10049147]Has anyone's bins been emptied yet? Rubbish still piled head high on my street

My collection day is Friday, things were looking grim but they collected the bins yesterday so I’m pretty happy now.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've been a vocal critic on here so I feel I should update. Because HCL towerblock had had 1 collection in 10 weeks (going back well before the strike started) I emailed my local councillor (Green, a generic short response but did say they'll ask CityClean) and the leader of BHCC (Green, also responded after a delay, again slightly generic info about the amount of rubbish to be collected etc but cc-ed his reply into two other council and CityClean execs asking for action. Denied saying people should email him for a tax refund in a long ramble). I'd also emailed one of these people independently after a tipoff (no reply as yet). Today we had a "mini" dustbin lorry turn up and empty the large communal bins and the 2x amount dumped in the washing line area. Maybe just a coincidence. I went out to have a chat and to their credit they were very amiable, one chap and one lady dealing with the atrocious mess. They weren't the normal crew they were usually the minibus drivers for the crew (didn't need a hgv license I assume to drive the mini binvan). To their credit, they also not only emotied the large bins and took the bags around them they also swept up the random crap and litterpicked. Now I know one could assume they were on enhanced overtime but fair do's to them and their attitude. I am not confident that things will go back to normal (for some reason the "real" binmen and drivers in the larger lorry are not reversing up to us, just driving past and doing the rest of the street. But credit to these two and at least to the politicians replying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here