Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury Vs Wilder 3

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They go at it for the third time tomorrow night/early Sunday morning.

Who's watching?
What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to it, Fury to win after 12 rounds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was wondering when the thread would appear.

My days of watching Boxing at 4am on ppv are well gone. Back in the day we'd get a load of us together to pay for the fight, go clubbing and head back to the hosts' place for more beer and the fight.

The idea of me staying up with my teenage son until about 5 and rationing the beers to stay awake before dealing with the youngest after about three hours sleep is marginally less appealing than the idea of setting the alarm for 3.30 and watching it alone with coffee. In short, I'd rather pay Hearn over the odds for an inferior AJ fight and fixed undercard because I can get eight hours kip afterwards :lolol:

Originally had Fury down for this but his comments about his weight today are "interesting" to say the least.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wilder is never going to be easy. Fury hasn't fought for a while and referencing some personal issues

Fury favourite sure, but neither outcome would hugely surprise me. I might see what odds I can get on Wilder close to the time

Not going to bother staying up though

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't blame you GB, if I was in the UK I wouldn't be up for the fight live.

I've not seen Furys comments on weight, ill have a look.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wilder is never going to be easy. Fury hasn't fought for a while and referencing some personal issues

Fury favourite sure, but neither outcome would hugely surprise me. I might see what odds I can get on Wilder close to the time

Not going to bother staying up though

As a quote I saw quite rightly said. "If the round 12 bell hasn't rung Wilder has a chance, if the round 12 bell has rung, Fury is the champion"

Likewise, not staying up for it

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why would anyone think wilder will win after watching the first two fights?
It’s high unlikely he will suddenly improve.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Some good odds out there in my opinion.

To get knocked down and win
Fury: 9/2
Wilder: 8/1

Wilder to win by KO/TKO: 3/1

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just been reading Fury’s book this week. Regardless of circumstances he’s a fighter and based on the last 2 fights can’t see what else Wilder can do to ‘improve’ - Fury certainly seems to have it all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was wondering when the thread would appear.

My days of watching Boxing at 4am on ppv are well gone. Back in the day we'd get a load of us together to pay for the fight, go clubbing and head back to the hosts' place for more beer and the fight.

The idea of me staying up with my teenage son until about 5 and rationing the beers to stay awake before dealing with the youngest after about three hours sleep is marginally less appealing than the idea of setting the alarm for 3.30 and watching it alone with coffee. In short, I'd rather pay Hearn over the odds for an inferior AJ fight and fixed undercard because I can get eight hours kip afterwards :lolol:

Originally had Fury down for this but his comments about his weight today are "interesting" to say the least.

For Fury v Wilder II I stayed up all night and woke my son as the boxers entered the ring, as I’m more of a night owl than him.

But a likely 4:30 BST is awful, Sunday would be a washout for me.

I can’t see myself bothering this time, sadly, but will be desperately keen that Fury wins and finding footage if he does.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Why would anyone think wilder will win after watching the first two fights?
It’s high unlikely he will suddenly improve.

Absolutely, I but the uncertainty is caused by the possibility that Fury's levels might dip. He needs to be totally right to keep out Wilder and there are one or two noises that he isn't.

Odds are Fury wins by knockout, but the division isn't straightforward at the moment, little can be said with certainty

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
For Fury v Wilder II I stayed up all night and woke my son as the boxers entered the ring, as I’m more of a night owl than him.

But a likely 4:30 BST is awful, Sunday would be a washout for me.

I can’t see myself bothering this time, sadly, but will be desperately keen that Fury wins and finding footage if he does.

You probably won’t sleep and even if you do you’ll have boxing dreams and keep waking up.
Sunday is already a wash out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You probably won’t sleep and even if you do you’ll have boxing dreams and keep waking up.
Sunday is already a wash out.

I was a teen in the amazing Sugar Ray Leonard era, with half a dozen of the truly greatest fighters in history across the Welterweight & Middleweight divisions. I used to set my alarm to wake in the middle of the night to listen to their super-fights on the old Radio 2. Then back to sweet dreams (teens/20’s can sleep for England).

Typically in the early hours of Tuesdays I think.

I stay up for general elections, going all the way back to 1979. Used to be a lonely affair, until nsc gave me virtual company all night including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his snacking :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I was a teen in the amazing Sugar Ray Leonard era, with half a dozen of the truly greatest fighters in history across the Welterweight & Middleweight divisions. I used to set my alarm to wake in the middle of the night to listen to their super-fights on the old Radio 2. Then back to sweet dreams (teens/20’s can sleep for England).

Typically in the early hours of Tuesdays I think.

I stay up for general elections, going all the way back to 1979. Used to be a lonely affair, until nsc gave me virtual company all night including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his snacking :)

Bruno v Tyson was the first for me.
Most recently, I had boxing dreams when Saunders lost to Canelo.
The Ashes are an absolute nightmare for it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bruno v Tyson was the first for me.
Most recently, I had boxing dreams when Saunders lost to Canelo.
The Ashes are an absolute nightmare for it.

I’m a sports bad loser, not in a sulky way, but I have ‘coping’ strategies. Keeps me sane, when others feel the hurt for ages afterwards.

I knew we’d get hammered by the Yanks at this particular Ryder Cup, they had home advantage and dominate majors now over Europe in a way I haven’t seen since Trevino, Nicklaus, Watson etc. So I didn’t watch one jot. The Ashes, yep that can hurt, I think they’ll destroy an England team with a load of players staying home to be with the missus. Boxing - Canelo, Crawford and Spence are far, far better than UK fighters in those divisions, it’s obvious they’d destroy any Brits imo.

So I’ll stick to Fury, Josh Taylor and some up and coming great talents.

A question …. if the Albion were getting beat 4-0 by Mansour’s $$$$ Citeh, would you hang around until to the bitter end? I turn the TV over or catch an earlier park n ride. I’m not alone!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wonder how if Tyson having Covid recently might effect him in anyway? Could be blowing badly in the latter rounds ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m going for Wilder 9th round - I wonder if there is any rematch clause ? The Wilder - Fury series could go on forever

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Once again boximg f***s it all up. The fight everybody wanted was Joshua v. Wilder. Wilder steered well clear, and went for what he thought was a winnable fight with Fury; how wrong he was! - and now they're into a valueless third meeting. One way or another, both have avoided (or contractually been obliged to avoid) Joshua; Joshua has fouled up with a sloppy performance leading to a shock defeat.
Fury to beat Wilder again to get this irrelevant fight out of the way, then Joshua to finally gets to beat up Wilder, followed by Fury-Joshua, an all British fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship. Boxing fans' (not Amercan ones, obviously!) ideal scenario. Ain't gonna happen, is it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here