Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay v Ben White

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know it's been alluded to on another couple of threads but for me this deserves a thread of its own as a potential for battle of the day.

Each will know how the other plays, strengths and weaknesses and how to wind them up. Maupay is no Ivan Toney in the air and White will be desperate to nick his first touch and set them on the break. On the other hand Maups comes in with confidence at an all time high and loads of man-love on social media, The Ar$e will be winding him up all game but we all know he'd love another earcup, while White is going to have the "50 million in the bank" song in his ear all day.

It's an interesting game in terms of a couple of their world class players against our team ethic but this is the battle of the day for me. Who will win? I'm very much hoping our Neal will. :albion:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s will be the prospect of Dunk and Duffy challenging him from set pieces that would have been keeping him up all night

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
White wins that duel. Maupay is not a 1on1 player. Cant dribble past pretty much anyone (and def not Ben White) and doesnt outrun that many players either (def not Ben White). If they are facing eachother one on one, Ben White is coming out with the ball nine times out of ten.

Maupay is all about creating spaces for himself and others through clever runs, clever passes, clever touches.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If White is picking up Maups, then hopefully he will get dragged out of position leaving big holes for MacAllister and Tross to gallop into

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
White wins that duel. Maupay is not a 1on1 player. Cant dribble past pretty much anyone (and def not Ben White) and doesnt outrun that many players either (def not Ben White). If they are facing eachother one on one, Ben White is coming out with the ball nine times out of ten.

Maupay is all about creating spaces for himself and others through clever runs, clever passes, clever touches.

Only Leeds really go man to man though and that's not exactly working out for them.

Neal and Ben are hardly going to spend the afternoon avoiding each other and I'm sure the former will be yanking BW's chain :)eek:) whenever he gets the chance.

Agree that we'll try and bully him with our centre backs at set pieces but we've got to win them first.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s will be the prospect of Dunk and Duffy challenging him from set pieces that would have been keeping him up all night

bw is one of the arses "zonal markers", so not directly up against our big lads unfortunately

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the prospect of Duffy & Dunk vs White at set pieces

What are the chances of delivering a free kick or corner accurately to our (expected) aerial dominance in these weather conditions?
Not saying it can't happen, but the chances have to be a lot lower this week than our last or next game....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shane Duffy in particular is going to be absolutely desperate to stick one over White IMHO

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What are the chances of delivering a free kick or corner accurately to our (expected) aerial dominance in these weather conditions?
Not saying it can't happen, but the chances have to be a lot lower this week than our last or next game....

To be honest, I haven't felt that they have been that great recently anyway - so a bit of wind might help put it accidentally in the right place!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ben White is getting better and is a heck of a prospect but we'll exploit the following:

- he's not great in the air (Duffy, Dunk)
- he sometimes finds himself in odd positions and looks a bit lost (Maupay, Ali Mac, Gross, The Llama)
- he turns slowly when you get in behind him (Trossard, Sarmiento, March)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Duffy on White at corners is my dual to watch out for.

if you like one sided, unfair contests. :rolleyes: :lolol:

i'd be more concerned he'll want to make a point and play his strengths and give them a platform for attack. hope our forwards and midfields press him hard.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How come no one mentions dunk and Duffy against white at set pieces.

Sloppy punditry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here