Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Steve Hackett

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Absolutely gutted that the Genesis 02 show is delayed again, I know it can’t be helped and hope the band members recover and get well soon. I have just bought a ticket to see Steve again at the Mayflower on Monday night so looking forward to seeing that show again,

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just back from seeing Steve again in Southampton. The Mayflower is a nice venue and the band were fantastic as expected, but I the sound quality at the Dome was far superior. So for me Southampton is nearer, but I know now if I have a choice of venue to see a concert it would be the Dome every time. Going again did put a dent in my disappointment of not going to see Genesis tomorrow.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Just back from seeing Steve again in Southampton. The Mayflower is a nice venue and the band were fantastic as expected, but I the sound quality at the Dome was far superior. So for me Southampton is nearer, but I know now if I have a choice of venue to see a concert it would be the Dome every time. Going again did put a dent in my disappointment of not going to see Genesis tomorrow.

We got back to Shoreham just before 00.30am ... great gig again. Funny though as me and Mrs HS thought the sound was better than the Dome. Loved the venue. Had a quick loo visit on way out and overheard a chap in there saying he was supposed to be at the O2 last night. Another chap responded saying they had a ticket for tonight ... wasn't you was it ???

Found this photo on twitter ... you can see the top of our heads ... front row of Circle on left hand side :lol:

IMG_1710.jpeg

Just took one photo myself ... the 'money shot' in Afterglow.

IMG_1702.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We got back to Shoreham just before 00.30am ... great gig again. Funny though as me and Mrs HS thought the sound was better than the Dome. Loved the venue. Had a quick loo visit on way out and overheard a chap in there saying he was supposed to be at the O2 last night. Another chap responded saying they had a ticket for tonight ... wasn't you was it ???

Found this photo on twitter ... you can see the top of our heads ... front row of Circle on left hand side :lol:

View attachment 141226

Just took one photo myself ... the 'money shot' in Afterglow.

View attachment 141227

No I am a woman, so definitely wasn’t me. :)

I guess it must have been where I was sitting that made a difference to the sound. Last night I went with my husband, I went to the Dome by myself. He is not a Genesis fan, especially the 70s stuff, but he knows enough of the songs as after 23 years of marriage and despite me normally listening to them when he is out as It has seeped in to his unconscious :lolol:

He said he quite enjoyed it, which was a nice surprise. When the first played I him “Firth of Fifth” he said “it was just a noise and left him cold”. It is the only time I considered divorce

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No I am a woman, so definitely wasn’t me. :)

I guess it must have been where I was sitting that made a difference to the sound. Last night I went with my husband, I went to the Dome by myself. He is not a Genesis fan, especially the 70s stuff, but he knows enough of the songs as after 23 years of marriage and despite me normally listening to them when he is out as It has seeped in to his unconscious :lolol:

He said he quite enjoyed it, which was a nice surprise. When the first played I him “Firth of Fifth” he said “it was just a noise and left him cold”. It is the only time I considered divorce

HAHA ... fortunately we both love Genesis ... although my wife won't listen to anything after Wind & Wuthering and even then she prefers the earlier stuff when PG was around. I often go to gigs on my own ... Paul Weller for example ... as Mrs HS says she doesn't want to spoil it for me ... which I understand!

And apologies for thinking you might have been in the gents toilet :lol: I did wonder when I sent my last message as I've fallen into that trap once before. It's difficult sometimes with us all using nicknames!!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
HAHA ... fortunately we both love Genesis ... although my wife won't listen to anything after Wind & Wuthering and even then she prefers the earlier stuff when PG was around. I often go to gigs on my own ... Paul Weller for example ... as Mrs HS says she doesn't want to spoil it for me ... which I understand!

And apologies for thinking you might have been in the gents toilet :lol: I did wonder when I sent my last message as I've fallen into that trap once before. It's difficult sometimes with us all using nicknames!!

No problem at all, it is understandable on a football forum that unless the username is obviously female, then to assume the person is male, I am probably as guilty of that myself.

I don’t mind going to concerts by myself, your wife is right as it is better to go by yourself enjoying it then worrying about the other person sitting there looking bored.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Look forward to your post gig report :thumbsup:

Absolutly fantastic....

Didn't know some songs in the first set but boy did they make up for it in the second set

Seconds out!!! knew every song..as any self respecting Genesis fan should..( maybe not the correct lyrics !!)

Band members all brilliant..cant fault any of them....The drum solo in Los Endos was mind numbing.....on a par with Mr Thatcher in Royal Blood,
the sax player...fantastic...

Loud and fantastic, sight and sound spectacular what a treat ....the good thing was it was only £43 each for a good seat...not a rip off like some/most bands.

I think everyone there was over 55!!!

Second set started @ 2100 and didnt finish until 2250 no wonder the band looked knackered...

Cant wait for his next tour in 2023!! at least that was a rumour.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Absolutly fantastic....

Didn't know some songs in the first set but boy did they make up for it in the second set

Seconds out!!! knew every song..as any self respecting Genesis fan should..( maybe not the correct lyrics !!)

Band members all brilliant..cant fault any of them....The drum solo in Los Endos was mind numbing.....on a par with Mr Thatcher in Royal Blood,
the sax player...fantastic...

Loud and fantastic, sight and sound spectacular what a treat ....the good thing was it was only £43 each for a good seat...not a rip off like some/most bands.

I think everyone there was over 55!!!

Second set started @ 2100 and didnt finish until 2250 no wonder the band looked knackered...

Cant wait for his next tour in 2023!! at least that was a rumour.

Great review … mirrors our experience at Brighton and Southampton. We also saw them twice on the Selling England tour in 2019.

Fingers crossed for 2023 … I wonder what the theme will be this time :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here