Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has said the whole dressing room was gutted

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some Palace fans can't seem to understand our MIRTH at the events of Monday night, believing we are celebrating a draw, which reflects a lack of ambition on our part.

No, no we're not celebrating a draw. We're celebrating...

It hurts so much,” he told the club website. “Throughout the whole game we played so well, defended brilliantly, worked so hard, every single one of us.

"It feels like a loss, to be honest. We had the three points there and then a lack of concentration loses us two points. Everyone’s gutted."​

...as we know you feel like this too, regardless of how much you may pretend otherwise.

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/conor-gallagher-palace-dressing-room-21701312

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just keep imagining them sitting down as a squad to review the video analysis of the match, knowing as every minute ticks past the car-crash that awaits them when the clock finally ticks onto 90+5. It must be excruciating.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just keep imagining them sitting down as a squad to review the video analysis of the match, knowing as every minute ticks past the car-crash that awaits them when the clock finally ticks onto 90+5. It must be excruciating.

Yep.

Like every time I watch the 1983 Cup Final: surely Smith must score this time.

Monday night: surely the Palace defence won't allow the ball to bounce this time.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Some Palace fans can't seem to understand our MIRTH at the events of Monday night, believing we are celebrating a draw, which reflects a lack of ambition on our part.

No, no we're not celebrating a draw. We're celebrating...

It hurts so much,” he told the club website. “Throughout the whole game we played so well, defended brilliantly, worked so hard, every single one of us.

"It feels like a loss, to be honest. We had the three points there and then a lack of concentration loses us two points. Everyone’s gutted."​

...as we know you feel like this too, regardless of how much you may pretend otherwise.

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/conor-gallagher-palace-dressing-room-21701312

Exactly. Of course you're going to celebrate a last second equaliser, in any game.

But the celebrations have continued since then on social media because there is just so much hilarious content to enjoy. Maupay's celebration, the outrage it provoked from the palace fans, the images of Zaha at the final whistle, pictures of the 'ultras' stood stunned, silent and on the verge of tears, the 'don't let it bounce video', the Gallagher interview you mention where he nearly cries, Dunk sshhing the home fans, Duffy running the length of the pitch and cupping his ears to the spotty teenagers in the Holsmdale end. I could go on.

I keep finding myself laughing at the savagery of it all at random points throughout the day.

The inability of the palace fans on Twitter not to bite at every bit of Brighton bate has also been a great source of entertainment.

Maupay, Sir, you're a legend.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do they mention the fact that if they were so good and we were so shit they should have been another couple of goals ahead.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
They're 4 points worse off now than they were at this stage last season, yet somehow they and their darling pundits keep banging on about how massively improved they are under Vierra..... :shrug:

The table does the talking ladies, not matter how much more energetically your team appears to be running around the pitch.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I don't feel like we stole a point, more we earnt it and we stopped them stealing 2 extra from us. I thought the game was very even overall and that they got a lot more help from the ref. than us. Not only the awful foul at midfield seconds before their pen./goal, but in our penalty that was a stronger shout than their's (which was 60-40 a pen. so no huge issue).

England won all their games until the final except possibly the easiest match against rival scotland. I'd say in a derby, especially away from home missing argueablly our 3 best players in Bissouma, Webster and Lamptey that we can be content with a draw and exstatic at the MANNER of getting it and denying them the win in their 'cup final'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't feel like we stole a point, more we earnt it and we stopped them stealing 2 extra from us. I thought the game was very even overall and that they got a lot more help from the ref. than us. Not only the awful foul at midfield seconds before their pen./goal, but in our penalty that was a stronger shout than their's (which was 60-40 a pen. so no huge issue).

England won all their games until the final except possibly the easiest match against rival scotland. I'd say in a derby, especially away from home missing argueablly our 3 best players in Bissouma, Webster and Lamptey that we can be content with a draw and exstatic at the MANNER of getting it and denying them the win in their 'cup final'.

Disagree with the penalty calls.

If you kick someones leg in the penalty area like Trossard did, the ref is going to give a penalty. Its a 100% penalty. If you trip over yourself like Welbeck did, the ref is usually not going to give a penalty.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They're 4 points worse off now than they were at this stage last season, yet somehow they and their darling pundits keep banging on about how massively improved they are under Vierra..... :shrug:

The table does the talking ladies, not matter how much more energetically your team appears to be running around the pitch.

Bit pot kettle black that to be fair. How many times last season did the media and so many of us praise/discuss how well we were playing (largely true) whilst we battled relegation for most of the season yet again because we couldn't put the ball in the net? We're only 6 games in, too. Long time before the table properly takes shape for the season yet (bar the usual suspects up the top, of course).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Disagree with the penalty calls.

If you kick someones leg in the penalty area like Trossard did, the ref is going to give a penalty. Its a 100% penalty. If you trip over yourself like Welbeck did, the ref is usually not going to give a penalty.

I thought Trossard was a shoulder barge, Cucurella I thought fouled him but i'm not sure if that was just outside the area or inside. Just before that Welbeck got fouled in midfield so I think they were lucky to even get that opportunity.

Welbeck penalty incident I thought their legs tangled and that put him of balance when shooting. I think sometimes they are given and sometimes not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought Trossard was a shoulder barge, Cucurella I thought fouled him but i'm not sure if that was just outside the area or inside. Just before that Welbeck got fouled in midfield so I think they were lucky to even get that opportunity.

Welbeck penalty incident I thought their legs tangled and that put him of balance when shooting. I think sometimes they are given and sometimes not.

It was a shoulder barge in the area, and Gallagher has already said he ‘felt contact and won a penalty’. I can see why the ref gave it. Yes, there was a foul on Welbeck about 30 secs before that.

Welbeck was kicked on the back of his heel, so a 50/50 call.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I couldn’t get to the match so watched on the box. It was a surreal and ultimately very satisfying (despite the fact we didn’t win).

Surreal because the commentary was so oddly leftfield and misdirected - both commentators spent huge blocks of time praising the ‘new Palace’ ‘that was backed up by stats!’ - effectively promoting Viera’s new golden era (which had yet began). I had to keep checking the table because it would have been easy to mistake Albion’s exhilarating start to the season for a Palace side pushing for top spot. This is me being kind.

If I was to push it a bit further, I’d say it was one of the worst match commentaries I can remember.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For the purposes of accurate reporting can a moderator change the thread title:

Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher has said the whole Crystal Palace dressing room was gutted.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was not celebrating a draw with them, I was celebrating because they didn’t beat us after leading until the 95th minute.

Had we scored in the 58th minute for example, it wouldn’t have been half as good.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It was a shoulder barge in the area, and Gallagher has already said he ‘felt contact and won a penalty’. I can see why the ref gave it. Yes, there was a foul on Welbeck about 30 secs before that.

So is he saying that he feels the foul was Cucurealla? If so I think it would be very interesting to see if that was inside or outside the Penalty area as it was really close.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So is he saying that he feels the foul was Cucurealla? If so I think it would be very interesting to see if that was inside or outside the Penalty area as it was really close.

No, I think he means the contact was Trossard.
Don’t forget last year Lamptey simply put his hand on a shoulder and their player went down like he’d been shot by a sniper.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

tross.jpg

The "shoulder barge" is a limited problem, the problem is that Gallagher is running with/towards the ball and Trossard puts his right leg in front of Gallaghers left leg and trips him. Its clear as a day.

For the Welbeck situation, less clear non-penalty: yes Ward (or whoever it is) does touch him but Welbeck is not affected (as you can see from his expression while running another few steps) and doesnt care until he realises he ****ed up a good goal scoring opportunity. Would have been incredibly harsh.

The calls were fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here