Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An Albion panic buy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the subject of panic buying.
Of all the players Albion have purchased over the year's, who would you consider a panic buy.
For me it would be between Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Jurgen Locadia.
Genuinely not having a dig at them, but just didn't do anything to justify their price tags.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’d say Welbeck was a panic signing, albeit one that worked out

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of all the players Albion have purchased over the year's, who would you consider a panic buy.
Genuinely not having a dig at them, but just didn't do anything to justify their price tags.
I wouldn't class Jahanakhsh as a panic buy - we were after him for ages - just a very bad buy. Locadia, yes, a bit of a panic with that one.

The real example of a panic buy would have been Vincent Janssen - but fortunately he helped us to dodge a bullet by refusing to sign for us!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Locadia definitely fits the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm guessing that very few, even those who turned out to be shite, signings in the Bloom era would be "panic" signings... doesnt strike me as something he would approve of.

Stumpy Tim

I wouldn't class Jahanakhsh as a panic buy - we were after him for ages - just a very bad buy. Locadia, yes, a bit of a panic with that one.

The real example of a panic buy would have been Vincent Janssen - but fortunately he helped us to dodge a bullet by refusing to sign for us!

Exactly this. Ali J was tracked and chased for years. Paddy McCourt was very much a panic buy, though maybe a free transfer

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
People like Craig Davies when we needed someone - anyone. Maheta Molango

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What we never know is how long the club has been tracking a player or trying to convince him to sign for us. Welbeck is a case in point, just because he came in after the transfer deadline doesn't mean we weren't talking to him for months, along with loads of other clubs. We just don't know.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Neither of them were panic buys !
We don’t play that game anymore
AJ was pursued for several seasons Sadly he just didn’t make it at PL level
He aced the non dickhead test and clearly has the ability to score goals
JL hmmm underwhelming so far
Recent season s Chris o Grady as mentioned earlier, might fit that bill
Re Alan Biley also mentioned in previous posts
I thought he was ok But it was a few years ago now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here