Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Recommendations for a pre-match day-out in Croydon?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If you've got a few minutes spare, how about some retail therapy?

This sartorial elegance will both create and enhance that confident, intelligent and sophisticated man-about-town look.

1.jpg

2.jpg

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
We don't have clappers... You however have a drum and a bloke with a megaphone...We create an atmosphere not manufacture one. Thank god we are BHA

You famously had clappers at the play off semi in an attempt to manufacture an atmosphere for a game you had already won judging by the hotel bookings that had to be cancelled

We manage an atmosphere home and away, with or without drums and megaphones

Thank God you are BHA

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Bit different, You already have a stadium and arguing over a sliver of land. You have the plans in place and work was starting in 2018? Smoke and mirrors, ring any bells?

But without that sliver of land we cant develop the ground. Work cant start until that is resolved. In 2018, it wasn't going to be a problem, then Sainsburys saw an opportunity to hold us to ransom, and decided the sliver was worth way more than they originally thought.
Remind me again how long it was between the Goldstone and the Amex?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
What has the away section got to do with your new stand?

It's the main stand Palace have replaced isn't it, not the Arthur Wait?

Looking forward to seeing it in all its' glory tonight.

Its a view of an old fashioned football ground that you will be getting, from an old fashioned stand. Make sure you bring your cushions, as there are no padded seats here, just cheap plastic ones. Its apparently one of the worst away days in the country, and really difficult to get to, but its ours, and we love it and its quirkiness

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

But without that sliver of land we cant develop the ground. Work cant start until that is resolved. In 2018, it wasn't going to be a problem, then Sainsburys saw an opportunity to hold us to ransom, and decided the sliver was worth way more than they originally thought.
Remind me again how long it was between the Goldstone and the Amex?

I’ve always liked Sainsbury’s.
That said, you cannot polish a turd, you can only roll it in glitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You famously had clappers at the play off semi in an attempt to manufacture an atmosphere for a game you had already won judging by the hotel bookings that had to be cancelled

Thank God you are BHA

More Palace lies... you take the drum to away games and you have to manufacture an atmosphere at home.... Your so called atmosphere is the biggest myth in football.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Its a view of an old fashioned football ground that you will be getting, from an old fashioned stand. Make sure you bring your cushions, as there are no padded seats here, just cheap plastic ones. Its apparently one of the worst away days in the country, and really difficult to get to, but its ours, and we love it and its quirkiness

I know exactly what it is - and I don't think we'll be sitting down so won't need cushions - thanks for the advice anyway.

BTW I've probably been to Selhurst more times than you have.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Thank God you are BHA

Palace had clappers on multiple occasions before we went down that strange road (before your time as wasn't in PL). Palace ran Groupon deals for years to temp fans in. Goal music, goal scorer call and response. A drum FFS!! Creating an ultra group to deal with the total lack of atmosphere and interest, hiring goons in from spurs to go woah woah. Handing said hired ultras whatever seats they wanted after they went on the most massive flounce seen from a 'support base'. That is some rap sheet before getting onto changing club colours to look like Barcelona and changing the nickname to something completely irrelevant to the club because someone thought it sounded cool.

You follow the most tin pot and irrelevant club in the league, continually trying to find an identity. You should keep your head down re atmosphere and clappers

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

God you must be bored!!

We look forward to hearing from you tomorrow

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I thought I'd give you all an update on my day out in Croydon.

In a nutshell there is nothing to see or do. There is however at least three McDonalds and three Wetherspoons, oh and a lot of flyovers. There also seems to be a lot of 15 year old girls pushing prams.

End of report.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Its a view of an old fashioned football ground that you will be getting, from an old fashioned stand.

Google translate = Shithole.

Make sure you bring your cushions, as there are no padded seats here, just cheap plastic ones.

Google translate = plastic seats for plastic fans.

Its apparently one of the worst away days in the country, and really difficult to get to, but its ours, and we love it and its quirkiness

Google translate = shithole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here