Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex today - loudest since Sheffield Wednesday 2016?

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Nervously quiet, but the NS ramped up the volume in the last 20.

Are you serious? Have to presume you weren't there.

I said straight after the match that was the loudest sustained support since the promotion season, I guess driven in part by the first solid period of winning since that campaign. Simply fantastic to be a part of today :albion2:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That first game against Donny.
Strangely the 0-1 against Burnley, but it did feel like the game where the Amex 'came of age'
St Patrick's day massacre
Sheff Wed
Wigan

Today was very good, particularly last 20, but not close to those (for me). However, I still have high hopes for this season :thumbsup:

*edit* Just read the question :facepalm: Still no :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Are you serious? Have to presume you weren't there.

I said straight after the match that was the loudest sustained support since the promotion season, I guess driven in part by the first solid period of winning since that campaign. Simply fantastic to be a part of today :albion2:

Block D of the NS, there until final whistle and for another hour in the concourse.

You misunderstand me. I’m saying it went quiet after they scored, i.e. not too many chants other than GP’s blue and white army. Then we ramped it for an amazing last 20.

I got a load of mini videos to send to my son at uni, of great chanting and noise levels.

I’ve already said in the Potter thread that there were tears in my eyes post final whistle, one of the greatest ever games in 45 years of following the stripes.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Atmosphere was brilliant just when it needed to be. Straight after the second disallowed goal until the end the fans were great. If you weren’t making a racquet at that point i’d question if you were a Brighton fan. Absolutely did our best to get the boys over the line this afternoon.

Before that, pretty standard. Still lots of Covid worriers staying at home for sure.

Agree with first part , especially pleasing that at the end it seemed like the whole ground was in unison , especially the albion albion chant .
However i don't know how you found the time to make tennis equipment !!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Atmosphere was brilliant just when it needed to be. Straight after the second disallowed goal until the end the fans were great. If you weren’t making a racquet at that point i’d question if you were a Brighton fan. Absolutely did our best to get the boys over the line this afternoon.

Before that, pretty standard. Still lots of Covid worriers staying at home for sure.

83c606d8e774fd1438eeac80faacc857.jpg

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Block D of the NS, there until final whistle and for another hour in the concourse.

You misunderstand me. I’m saying it went quiet after they scored, i.e. not too many chants other than GP’s blue and white army. Then we ramped it for an amazing last 20.

I got a load of mini videos to send to my son at uni, of great chanting and noise levels.

I’ve already said in the Potter thread that there were tears in my eyes post final whistle, one of the greatest ever games in 45 years of following the stripes.

That makes a lot more sense!

Apart from that couple of minutes after their goal, it was incredible (despite lots of empty seats in NorthG). I didn't quite manage tears, hehe, but had the biggest smile on my face for a long time. UTA! :amex:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That makes a lot more sense!

Apart from that couple of minutes after their goal, it was incredible (despite lots of empty seats in NorthG). I didn't quite manage tears, hehe, but had the biggest smile on my face for a long time. UTA! :amex:

I come from quite a big family, but uniquely I’m the only one who swears in general life, celebrates goals wildly (scaring many a pet cat over the years) and is passionate/a bit aggressive when watching sport.

Following football is right down my alley!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That was brilliant!

Not quite as loud as Wednesday but still a great atmosphere. Understandably got nervous and a bit quieter mid way through the second half but really came alive in last 10 minutes and I have no doubt helped the boys get over the line.

In W1A we also had a great view of the Leicester fans celbrations and then realisation the goals had been disallowed, beautiful!

All in all, a great and really special occasion for my boys first match, they were absolutely full of it tonight - the Amex now their favourite place in the world apparently, job done! [emoji846]

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I thought the atmosphere was great in the first and last 20 mins with a modest amount of noise in between. My hands are still hurting from banging the wall at the back of H block. The large flag is no protection.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s always a decent atmosphere at the Amex tbf - always has and always will. The noise at times today was deafening. Just need to get more bums on seats - something seems different - wonder what… :whistle:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I noticed it didn't empty as quick as usual. Was buzzing at times but with the lulls in the game the atmosphere felt flat too. Didn't hear a peep from the other lot until their goal and then they fell silent almost instantly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was brilliant!

Not quite as loud as Wednesday but still a great atmosphere. Understandably got nervous and a bit quieter mid way through the second half but really came alive in last 10 minutes and I have no doubt helped the boys get over the line.

In W1A we also had a great view of the Leicester fans celbrations and then realisation the goals had been disallowed, beautiful!

All in all, a great and really special occasion for my boys first match, they were absolutely full of it tonight - the Amex now their favourite place in the world apparently, job done! [emoji846]

Brilliant, you’ll all remember this forever. What a game to pick :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I noticed it didn't empty as quick as usual. Was buzzing at times but with the lulls in the game the atmosphere felt flat too. Didn't hear a peep from the other lot until their goal and then they fell silent almost instantly.

I sometimes leave half way through stoppage time, it makes the difference in getting home the best part of an hour earlier.

But I decided even when the result was up in the air that I had to stay to thank the players and GP.

I agree, the overwhelming majority stayed for the whole thing. A sensible 2pm KO might’ve helped that?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Reading all these makes me gutted to have not been able to make today. Roll on Arsenal... Fingers crossed an equally good atmosphere and result...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I sometimes leave half way through stoppage time, it makes the difference in getting home the best part of an hour earlier.

But I decided even when the result was up in the air that I had to stay to thank the players and GP.

I agree, the overwhelming majority stayed for the whole thing. A sensible 2pm KO might’ve helped that?

I wasn't having a dig, the Amex empties out early and that's 100% down to the poor transport links. I've only just got home myself

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Disappointed with the fabled dig when it's the fabled acoustics at fault as the sound travels forwards not to the right

Utter bollox. When the north is on song, we hear it well in WSU. There were times today when we heard but it wasn't a great atmosphere for most of the game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And the dig at 75% full when it was an absolute nightmare for many to get to the ground today

I was watching on a stream - atmosphere seemed slow to get going, I guess not surprising though considering the circumstances with so many arriving just in time/late. Sounded very loud when it got going though.

Sorry, the 75% was a reference pretty much to whole of the ground and not just aimed at the NS. People have their reasons but that doesn't change the fact it was about 75% full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here