Date: Sunday 19th September 2021
Kick-off: 14:00 BST
Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Dan Cook, Simon Long
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Peter Bankes
Additional VAR: Wade Smith

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Adam Webster is sidelined after sustaining a hamstring injury during the win at Brentford last weekend.

Pascal Gross is continuing to self-isolate due to Covid-19 regulations but Enock Mwepu is available and Dan Burn could be involved.

Leicester City will be without defender Jonny Evans, who was substituted against Napoli on Thursday with the recurrence of a foot injury.

Ayoze Perez serves a one-game ban.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton could lose three successive league games at home to Leicester for the first time.
    [*=left]Leicester are unbeaten in all eight Premier League meetings with Brighton (W6, D2) - their longest run without losing against any side in the competition.
    [*=left]The Foxes beat the Seagulls on three occasions last season, winning twice in the Premier League and also in the FA Cup fifth round.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton's tally of nine points is their highest at this stage of a top-flight season.
    [*=left]They have already won three league fixtures, having taken 19 games to do so in 2020-21.
    [*=left]Albion's defeat at home to Everton in August was a first in seven league matches at Amex Stadium.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have kept 11 clean sheets in 2021 - only Manchester City and Chelsea, with 15 apiece, have kept more in the calendar year.
    [*=left]Brighton have won all five Premier League matches in 2021 in which Leandro Trossard has scored.
Leicester

• [*=left]Leicester have lost five of their past eight Premier League fixtures (W3), the same number of defeats they sustained in their previous 24 matches.
    [*=left]They have kept just one clean sheet in their past 10 league games. Both teams have scored in each of Leicester's last nine top-flight away fixtures.
    [*=left]The Foxes have recorded a league-low 29 shots this season. They're averaging just 7.3 shots per game, more than five fewer than last season.
    [*=left]Leicester's last five Premier League games played on Sundays have produced a total of 23 goals.
    [*=left]Striker Jamie Vardy could become the first Leicester player to reach 250 Premier League appearances in this match. He's already the Foxes leading appearance maker, goal scorer (120) and assist provider (39) in the Premier League.

Graham Potter's Leicester Press Conference

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Has anybody got a stream?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Let’s be positive... I know it’s a tough fixture and they are something of a bogey team to us, But.....
If things go well we could win this, we are certainly capable. A draw would be a decent result, a win wonderful.
Come on let’s hunt these Foxes ! :albion2:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First outing in the east upper today whilst my ST move application plays out due to general sales existing on the new seats. Looks like a decent view.

2-1 to the good guys

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the only thing stopping Vestergaard from getting a clear run at ball from corners is Maupay, I know how I'm paying for today's extravaganzas.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
The obvious question (someone's probably already said it on another thread) is what do we do about their pacy attacks? I think one of the only times we got a point off them was when Lamptey made his debut and helped stopped Vardy. Pity not to have him or Webster.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So despite the weather warning and no doubt travel chaos I’m really looking forward to this and it’s a really big and special day for us as it’s my two sons first Albion match.

I can still vividly remember my first game over 32 years ago despite the fact it was an inglorious 2.1 defeat to Port Vale!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The obvious question (someone's probably already said it on another thread) is what do we do about their pacy attacks? I think one of the only times we got a point off them was when Lamptey made his debut and helped stopped Vardy. Pity not to have him or Webster.

Apparently it'll all be Duffy's fault.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A win today would be a surprise to most of the PL and to me. Most likely is that we get put back in our place as another dream of “kicking on” in the PL turns sour.

Let me be wrong, I am enjoying being a top six team :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rodgers is a smart manager. A quick review of our fixture against Everton will give him plenty of ideas around nullifying our wing-backs, avoiding the overload and hitting us on the break at speed. Leicester have more pace than Everton, I think they’ll sit back and absorb our possession game whilst concentrating on quick and decisive counters.

More than happy for a draw today.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
We will need to start putting in better performances over 90 mins to beat teams like Leicester. Our points total is flattering us considering how poor we have been for large parts. Deceiving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here