Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton sacked by Forrest

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was magic for us. Three and a half great seasons, and did what he needed to do in the two other halves too, however depressing the football was. Potter is hard on his heels now though in terms of his impact on the club.

D

Deleted member 2719

Although, I am sad to hear about this as I genuinely never held a grudge about him and respect him as a man.
I could never get my head around his rigidity and predictability, Murray gave him his short term success and he never appeared to understand, that teams need to be more flexible.

That's exactly why Potter excites me like a mature lady at a chippendales gig.

Good luck for the future Chris.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Although, I am sad to hear about this as I genuinely never held a grudge about him and respect him as a man.
I could never get my head around his rigidity and predictability, Murray gave him his short term success and he never appeared to understand, that teams need to be more flexible.

That's exactly why Potter excites me like a mature lady at a chippendales gig.

It wasn't just Glenn Murray who bought him success, yes he scored the great majority of our goals, but what about the other end of the pitch? the great Dunk 'n Duffy combo, who were to many pundits the best central defensive combo in the Premier League? It was Chris Hughton who paired them together.

I'd argue that his success was rather more than short term too, having enjoyed good times at Norwich and Newcastle amongst others.

But yes l also admire Chris both as a man, and as a football manager, and would like to think that as he nears retirement age he decides to call it a day now, but l guess once football is in your blood, that's easier said than done.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was surprised he didn't take the Brizzle job, but opted for Forest instead.

I'm sure there are plenty of championship clubs that could benefit from his management.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
These are a sad bit of news :tantrum:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whoever they bring in will walk into the same problems. A bang-average squad that was then decimated even further in the summer, and is now stuffed full of kids and loans. They didn't spend a bean in the summer to address this, so Hughton was always on a hiding to nothing.

They're guaranteed third division next season, they are in no way equipped to cope in the Championship. Chris deserved better. As others have mentioned, the R of I job looks a good fit for him. If I were him, I'd keep my powder dry till Kenny gets binned (which surely won't be long), then sling my hat in the ring and have a pop at a qualification campaign. I bet most oirish fans would have him installed tomorrow, given the choice.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He was one goal away from getting Albion promoted in his first season with us before Glenn Murray had even arrived and Albion were top scorers in the Champ in those 2 years with probably the most exciting football we've seen in decades. Rigid it was not. Obviously he had different techniques to Potter as to how a team consolidates in the Prem - which led to Bloom sacking him and lots of fans becoming sceptical - fair enough.
Also - short term success ? - he was - by most yardsticks - successful with the Albion (avoiding relegation, play off, promoted, staying up, staying up) for 5 years.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No surprise there. That job will be a poison chalice, whoever takes over. That being the case, I hope John Terry gets the job.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
He was one goal away from getting Albion promoted in his first season with us before Glenn Murray had even arrived and Albion were top scorers in the Champ in those 2 years with probably the most exciting football we've seen in decades. Rigid it was not. Obviously he had different techniques to Potter as to how a team consolidates in the Prem - which led to Bloom sacking him and lots of fans becoming sceptical - fair enough.
Also - short term success ? - he was - by most yardsticks - successful with the Albion (avoiding relegation, play off, promoted, staying up, staying up) for 5 years.

Look what he did for players like Knockeart, who has struggled to settle elsewhere, but best player in the Championship under Chris. I thought we were far from rigid in those Championship seasons, where he mixed his squad of attacking players to great effect. Thought his first season in the EPL was a good one too, so many teams struggle and get relegated that first season, but I enjoyed watching us that year. Obviously the 2nd season we tailed off, but even up to Xmas we were decent. We were a great fit club and manager at the right time, right place for both.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
A true gentleman, always measured and sincere. A template latter day BHA manager as is Potter. I hope he gets a shot at the Republic of Ireland slot, there's enough Irish BHA players to field over half their team.

Bets wishes CH

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here