Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you won the lotto, would the Albion see any?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
if you won the national lottery, say £20m, would you spend your hard-earned cash on helping the stripes with the stadium, new players etc. or keep the lot and go to sleep at night on a big pile of money, with many beautiful ladies?

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
i would give them a little bit & then waste the rest of it on beer & birds.:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Deffinatly. Il'd buy a player. Rather than the People's Player. Turkey's Player. :lolol:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
of course, not sure how much tho.

i'd make sure Butters.McPhee and Lee were all paid up and told to leave:jester:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually think about this all the time (not that I'd ever actually win Lotto). If I won that amount of money, I would definitely make a sizeable contribution to the Albion. Still torn over whether my donation would go towards the players or towards Falmer...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'd certainly invest in the club - but it would be used to secure the future of the club by improving the infrastructure..... Then I'd spend loads on players!!!

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
If I won 20 million, I would donate 10 miilion to the club providing Dick kight and the board didn't make a penny out of the 10M.

Every penny made would be put back into the club for new players etc.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
gonzo666 said:
i would give them a little bit & then waste the rest of it on beer & birds.:lolol:

reminds me of a Georgie Best qoute, something like

'I spent a lot on booze & birds, the rest I just squandered'

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
if putting a big wedge in, would want something
worthwhile out of it- just satisfaction that they survive
another season is not considered a good return...:ohmy:

maybe pay to get our own seats at withdean, (ALL covered!),
buy a decent food concssion (pizza? jacket spuds? salad??)
or even maybe buy some land at falmer, or a shopping mall
just off old shoreham road.... the insurance money from
any 'mysterious' fire, with a few onloookers in blue/white,
would help...:flameboun

get jordan to be the team / match mascot, some half time
entertainment etc... make it worth £20+ each time we go..
(£20, for a 2nd div team?? outrageous!!)

or just buy out a football shirt manufacturer - easy money....!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Absolutely - but, other than having the say in how the cash was spent, I'd want no part of the power structure. You just get mud slung at you, no matter what you do. You can't please everybody all the time, so give me the anonymity and the satisfaction that the cash has helped the club.

SeagullinKent

Jul 7, 2003
Orpington
Deffo, would put a couple of million into the club, and if I felt the squad needed strenght in a certain area i.e like up front at the moment, I would help fund the purchase of the player.

SUPER SEAGULLSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i would buy the club and give it to the Fans, i would make sure i was in step with the fans all the way.

Us the Fans are the club.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I would certainly put a couple of mill into the club if I won that much. I think I'm due that win next week. Please.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I had £20m I would consider it, but wouldn't pour millions into the club straight away. I'd rather give my money to charity. However, If I had Jack Walker's £700m I would be more inclined to spend spend spend.

At the end of the day, it just isn't worth sinking your fortune into a football club. Fans are happy if you keep pouring money into the club - but it's all your fault if you are seen to tighten the purse strings and things f*** up. Look at Dick Knight - he oversaw a move from Gillingham, a £100k signing (a LOT of money at the time) who fired us to two championships, he's presided in appointing 3 or 4 top notch managers - and is hopefully half way to securing a new state of the art home back in the city.

But that's not enough for some people.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If it was £20m, maybe. If it was the average big win (£3/4m?) probably not a straight cash donation, I might buy a box at Falmer as that would be helping the club as well as ensuring you could go and see the match with exactly who you wanted, in the same place. A bit like Simster, I've seen so many football clubs so badly run and so much money wasted I'd want some guarantees it would be well used, no point putting in £1m if that's being lost elsewhere through poor marketing or whatever, it won't do any real good.

I've read this thread with some interest.

I'm not sure that I want any of you to win £20million. Some of the "big givers" seem to be mainly interested in getting a personal benefit from the donation, either a decent seat, a pizza, or a load of control. The more public spirited (eg Mr Popkins, who would "give the club to the fans") don't seem to have an answer to the question "Exactly how should the Club be run?"

Whenever ANYBODY puts millions into a football club, my first thought is always "What will go wrong with this deal?"

Simster is probably right. You'll never be able to buy popularity with football supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here