Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Important notice to anyone whose season ticket hasn't updated to the Everton game

harry.234

Mar 18, 2012
My season ticket in my Google wallet is still showing the Watford game (which I transferred my seat to someone else for). I phoned the club and they said DON'T DELETE IT. Apparently all will be fine if I show up as it's still the season ticket loaded onto my phone. Just thought I'd share on here as they said I'm not the only one. So yeah, don't delete your season ticket!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm a big fan of the club and how they run it - I'm often saying it is one of the best run in the country - but they've got the ticketing badly wrong this year. I was going to go in place of my ST holder mate tomorrow with my son but he needed to shell out £40 to be able to transfer the tickets, We both needed to become Albion plus members - whatever that is - for another £50 before we even started. We decided not to bother. Given that it is holiday season, there will be loads of empty seats as we can't be the only ones who can't be arsed with the cost and effort required for something as simple as giving 2 tickets from one person to the other.

They need to open the ticket exchange as well but won't until they've sold all the crap seats no one wants to go in. Consequently, there will be a load of gaps tomorrow.

It's all very Withdean-esque management on this particular issue.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My season ticket in my Google wallet is still showing the Watford game (which I transferred my seat to someone else for). I phoned the club and they said DON'T DELETE IT. Apparently all will be fine if I show up as it's still the season ticket loaded onto my phone. Just thought I'd share on here as they said I'm not the only one. So yeah, don't delete your season ticket!

You beat me to it! I have spent since Tuesday with customer services going round in circles trying to get the fabled ' dynamic ' update from Watford to Everton. Today they finally gave up but gave me an assurance that the turnstile operators will waive me through.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Rubbish first post. No anger at something pointless, no terrible attempt at humour, not even any spelling mistakes and their error is compounded by supplying useful information in a clear manner. Needs to take another nine years to sit and think about where they went wrong there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rubbish first post. No anger at something pointless, no terrible attempt at humour, not even any spelling mistakes and their error is compounded by supplying useful information in a clear manner. Needs to take another nine years to sit and think about where they went wrong there.

Failed to slag off the club, the first rule of ticketing related posts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be nice if such a post as, er, posted by OP, had come from the club, seeing as how there's been multiple issues rumbling about all week, and probably still are. Top work by Supporter Services to genuinely engage on a one-to-one level to address individual concerns, tho that's not really the level it should be addressed at IMHO. Needs sonething a bit more wide-ranging and all-encompassing. A bit late now tho eh? :rolleyes:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Would be nice if such a post had come from the club, seeing as how there's been multiple issues rumblinf about all week. Top work by Supporter Services to genuinely engage on a one-to-one level to address individual concerns, tho that's not really the level it should be addressed at IMHO. Needs sonething a bit more wide-ranging and all-encompassing. Bit late now tho eh? :rolleyes:

That's more like it! Can't talk about ticketing without having a good old grumble at the club now, can we?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t worry, the thread will get hijacked by the usual miserablists anyway

Oh. :)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Would be nice if such a post as, er, posted by OP, had come from the club, seeing as how there's been multiple issues rumbling about all week, and probably still are. Top work by Supporter Services to genuinely engage on a one-to-one level to address individual concerns, tho that's not really the level it should be addressed at IMHO. Needs sonething a bit more wide-ranging and all-encompassing. A bit late now tho eh? :rolleyes:

This big time!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The same people hoping for loads of empty seats tomorrow, enabling another attack on Bloom/Barber’s ticket changes.

Well there were 8 empty seats in WSU next to me (my sons seat was one he couldn't make it). It has never been like that b4 since we 1st started playing there. IMO Barber has got this very wrong

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I reckon it’s a cheeky feint…..and they will slam dunk us with a fish pun in their next post.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm a big fan of the club and how they run it - I'm often saying it is one of the best run in the country - but they've got the ticketing badly wrong this year. I was going to go in place of my ST holder mate tomorrow with my son but he needed to shell out £40 to be able to transfer the tickets, We both needed to become Albion plus members - whatever that is - for another £50 before we even started. We decided not to bother. Given that it is holiday season, there will be loads of empty seats as we can't be the only ones who can't be arsed with the cost and effort required for something as simple as giving 2 tickets from one person to the other.

They need to open the ticket exchange as well but won't until they've sold all the crap seats no one wants to go in. Consequently, there will be a load of gaps tomorrow.

It's all very Withdean-esque management on this particular issue.

Good points, unfortunately for the club.

A mate who missed last week will now miss tomorrow because he was on holiday last week and, of course, got pinged as a result. The only person who might have wanted the ticket isn't an Albion + member and exactly the same costs as you mention above would have been incurred.

I'm very supportive of the Covid passport measures because I believe they will be imposed with no choice from October anyway and I want us to still be able to go to games. However, we seem to have used the cover of Covid to impose "thou shalt not pass on" even if it means a half empty ground.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Same here, still got Watford.

However, originally could not get the ticket onto G Pay so the club set me up a card for the season. Then the ST popped up on phone.

So, now have ticket on phone with a back up card. So happy.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why Barber?

I thought he was part of a Board of Directors, chaired by Tony Bloom.

I guess it's Barber who makes these sorts of decisions. Honestly, I don't particularly like having a go at the club (I try to be fairly positive) but on this I genuinely feel they have made a bad mistake which they will pay for in loads of empty seats. If, ultimately, they earn more income from it (which I doubt) then I guess it's a win for the club in the short term. In the long term it will just deter the casual person who might just get the Albion bug. It's not the end of the world, sometimes mistakes are made (and again I understand the reasoning behind it) but it's a shame if they don't reverse it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here