Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Charlie Watts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Aged 80, sad day for rock and roll fans the world over.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad news - had to happen eventually I suppose - up to now the Rolling Stones seem to have lead a charmed life (Brian Jones excepted) compared to the likes of The Beatles, The Who and The Small Faces. Still, I reckon he's had a good 80 years, hope he enjoyed them. RIP Charlie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP, fantastic music artist.

The irony was the establishment of the time originally hated the Rolling Stones who actually became the establishment

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Keith Richards quote

“Mick and I got back to the hotel at about five in the morning, and he called up Charlie. ‘Where’s my drummer?’ No answer. He puts the phone down. We were still sitting there getting pissed when about 20 minutes later there was a knock on the door.

It was Charlie — Saville Row suit, perfectly dressed. Tie. Shaved. The whole bit. I could smell the cologne. He walked straight past me, got ahold of Mick and said, ‘Never call me your drummer again.’ He held him up and gave him a right hook.

“Twelve hours later he was saying f**k it, I’m going to go down and do it again. It takes a lot to wind that man up.”

“When Charlie plays, it looks to me that he knows who runs the band on stage, despite what the singer might think.”

:bowdown:

The totally brilliant Mr Watts

https://drummagazine.com/19-reasons-to-love-charlie-watts-2/

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A sad day. The Stones have always been there. His real passion has been jazz for many years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Charlie, Sure I heard somewhere he was going to miss a tour or series of gigs recently, did not know he was ill though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here