Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I thought Duffy was a busted flush after the Celtic debacle - the guy has proved me wrong and fair dues to him.

To be fair, I think the majority formed your opinion JRG, I'm of the opinion he realised his nightmare at Celtic was a turning point in his career, he took stock and made the decision to radically change his lifestyle and "go back to basics" . I have nothing but admiration for him as his experiences over the past two seasons would have been enough to end many other players top flight careers and most would have taken the easier path of dropping down the leagues but not the Big man, his sheer bloody mindedness did not allow for that. The result of which we now see before us, We have a fitter more focussed top class defender in our squad and long may it continue, at his age and the position he plays he/we have possibly the players best 3 or 4 years of his career ahead of us. Come on The Big Man, prove you right and all else wrong.

P.S I love the bloke as so many of us do on here and want him to play top level for us as long as he wants it and with his attitude this has every chance of being long term.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Like most, I thought he was done but he is proving his worth and any time Potter speaks about him, he speaks enthusiastically about Shanes personality so I think they get along very well.

In the long term future there may not be room for him but this season I think he will play a lot and be important to the team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I love Shane Duffy.

Am I gay?

I really need to know.

Can’t stop thinking about the man, what a story.

If you are I’ll try anything once - pm me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
His success or failure with us this season will be down to maintaining concentration levels. With his mind 100% on the game he's every bit a Prem defender. Pre Celtic he did have the ability to switch off and let mistakes into his game, which is why he found himself left out. Hoping this current form continues!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Duffy middle meant dunk and Webster ie the 2 ball players had more freedom. Let’s not forget Veltman is class. When we think back, Duffy is a great player. So let’s keep those 4 for the 3 / sometimes 2 positions. 6 points come ****ing onnnn!!!!!!

It was very noticeable that when Duffy received the ball he would look to Lallana who was directing him where to go. In the middle of the 3 Shane just needs to defend and follow instructions from White, Dunk and Lallana and quite honestly it’s perfect for him. It’s very possible that our defence, which was our strength last season, is in fact stronger? Also, Duffy, Dunk and Webster could easily get 15 goals between them.
I was wondering yesterday, has selling White to Arsenal (anyone would do for the right fee) been the plan hence Ben was given so much game time last season, maximum exposure and surrounded by Veltman, Dunk and Webster he could have a relatively easy ride. I believe Carragher and Neville have done an article detailing how Brighton hid White’s deficiencies last season.

I thought Webster was nothing short of magnificent yesterday, he’s taken White’s role and looks very comfortable, and Dunk is well versed at playing to the left of Duffy. We’ve those 3 centre backs we can absorb so much pressure, more so than last season and hopefully leave more space for us to counter into, we still lack a bit of killer pace but we have some seriously talented football players in our squad.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be fair, I think the majority formed your opinion JRG, I'm of the opinion he realised his nightmare at Celtic was a turning point in his career, he took stock and made the decision to radically change his lifestyle and "go back to basics" . I have nothing but admiration for him as his experiences over the past two seasons would have been enough to end many other players top flight careers and most would have taken the easier path of dropping down the leagues but not the Big man, his sheer bloody mindedness did not allow for that. The result of which we now see before us, We have a fitter more focussed top class defender in our squad and long may it continue, at his age and the position he plays he/we have possibly the players best 3 or 4 years of his career ahead of us. Come on The Big Man, prove you right and all else wrong.

P.S I love the bloke as so many of us do on here and want him to play top level for us as long as he wants it and with his attitude this has every chance of being long term.

cleaner living will help ....lots of rumours regarding his lifestyle in Glasgow , he's a unit that's for sure and to be fair he was a steal for us so it's all uphill for him and us from here..:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
cleaner living will help ....lots of rumours regarding his lifestyle in Glasgow , he's a unit that's for sure and to be fair he was a steal for us so it's all uphill for him and us from here..:thumbsup:

He looks in amazing shape.

Rumours that @Muhammed (I’m hard) Bruce Lee has bought a RoI shirt with ‘Duffy’ on the back to commemorate Duffer St George’s renaissance may, however, be somewhat wide of the mark.

:eek:

There was enough going wrong at Celtic last season that everybody should have reserved their opinions about Duffy and backed their own eyes about what he did for us here

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There was enough going wrong at Celtic last season that everybody should have reserved their opinions about Duffy and backed their own eyes about what he did for us here

To be fair I think the majority in here were in agreement that Neil Lennon rather than Shane Duffy should have carried the dogs head.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shane Duffy hasn't changed one little bit, and never could. Still the same colossus in defence, still the same powerful aerial presence at our corners. The only thing that's changed is Potterball. It's maybe grown up a bit and ditched the meaningless dicking around at the back. Shane was never going buy into that bollox, and rightly so

Not that it matters overmuch to us but some things are deeper than the manager, Celtic are hardly turning things round without Lennon who had a good record at the club. It’s more a case of an end of a cyclical period for the club where too much of the squad gets exhausted at the same time and a gigantic rebuilding is needed, that could potentially take years and a few managers if the owners are very impatient

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought Duffy came across pretty well in his interview , seems that he is thankful to be back in Brighton and that he has been given the opportunity to show what he can do. Did seem quite humble and not the 'thick ' Irish man that some on here portrayed him as. Time will tell but I am happy is back as I thought he had a role to play even if it were only certain more physical games.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Thought “Dunk n’ Duffy” was over. Glad we’ve got an encore.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shane Duffy hasn't changed one little bit, and never could. Still the same colossus in defence, still the same powerful aerial presence at our corners. The only thing that's changed is Potterball. It's maybe grown up a bit and ditched the meaningless dicking around at the back. Shane was never going buy into that bollox, and rightly so

Webster, Dunk and Dufft are the top three players with most passes in the Brighton team. It appears he is perfectly fine with the idea of passing the ball to a teammate patiently waiting for opportunities to pass it forward to a teammate rather than hoofing to a random destination.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Webster, Dunk and Dufft are the top three players with most passes in the Brighton team. It appears he is perfectly fine with the idea of passing the ball to a teammate patiently waiting for opportunities to pass it forward to a teammate rather than hoofing to a random destination.

Shame you weren't here pre-Potter, you'd have never trotted out that lazy thing about aimless hoofing. That was never even a thing under Hughton. It was as little a thing as that risky pissy dicking around at the back that your godlike genius practised in his first two 'EPL Manager For Dummies' seasons

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shame you weren't here pre-Potter, you'd have never trotted out that lazy thing about aimless hoofing. That was never even a thing under Hughton. It was as little a thing as that risky pissy dicking around at the back that your godlike genius practised in his first two 'EPL Manager For Dummies' seasons

So you are saying that the risky pissy dicking around the back never happened? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here