Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Wish I could be arsed to look back to see which of our knowledgeable fans said Duffy would never pull on a Brighton shirt again as he can't play Potterball (hate that phrase)... but I can't be bothered as I'm safe in the knowledge they don't know what they're talking about...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wish I could be arsed to look back to see which of our knowledgeable fans said Duffy would never pull on a Brighton shirt again as he can't play Potterball (hate that phrase)... but I can't be bothered as I'm safe in the knowledge they don't know what they're talking about...

"Championship at best - will sign for Forest".

Now Big Shane ain't the man for all seasons and I'm sure there are some strikers licking their lips at the prospect of playing against him

But we don't play those teams every week.

Last season we dropped so many points because 'something' was missing.

I never had any doubt the something in question was:-

Shane f*****g Duffy.

I loved soon after he scored he cleared a cross pretty much straight out of Sanchez' hands.
Said to Jnr - 'he still thinks Ryan's in goal'. :lol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wow it was great to see him again today - played so well. Him Dunk and Webster were so in control. A joy to see and would would have been weaker with White today!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now Shane, defend like your life depended on it, attack the ball when we get a corner and if the ball is at your feet, only play 10-15 yard early passes to Webster, Dunk, Biss, or at a push, Sanchez

Job Done, Boss :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now Shane, defend like your life depended on it, attack the ball when we get a corner and if the ball is at your feet, only play 10-15 yard early passes to Webster, Dunk, Biss, or at a push, Sanchez

Job Done, Boss :thumbsup:

And play in the centre, not wide right where watching the ball passed from the keeper behind and to his left, planning a pass into the centre, and watching the nippy inside right all at once is not one of his super powers.

The big headers and presence, though. Immense.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I started a post last week at half time saying how much it had seemed his time up north had changed the man. I even replied to a post saying I can’t remember the last time he scored from a headed corner for us.

So happy to know nothing about football!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Immense. Did more today than I ever saw in white both defensively and on the ball.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Back where he belongs?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Immense. Did more today than I ever saw in white both defensively and on the ball.

Let's not get silly.

They are very different with very different attributes.

I can instantly think of the goal at Elland Road ain't happening with Shane on the ball.
I'm sure there's plenty more.

As said already there's probably an equal amount of points dropped because we were lacking the presence of Duffman.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let's not get silly.

They are very different with very different attributes.

I can instantly think of the goal at Elland Road ain't happening with Shane on the ball.

I'm sure there's plenty more.

To my mind, White was the best with the ball at his feet but probably the weakest 'defender', whilst Shane is the opposite. It was interesting that last season, Dunk was put into that central role of Best Defender, worst with ball at feet. (And trust me, I think Lewis can play a bit).

If Veltman is available next week, does he play right centre, with Dunk reverting to middle and Shane missing out, or does Veltman play right wing back, Duffy, Dunk and Webster stay as is, and Pascal gets used elsewhere (or on the bench :eek:)

bingo-game-cage-on-white-260nw-250775869.jpg

???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also when the chips are down there’s nobody you’d rather have in your team. He was absolutely tearing in to Dunk and Webster at Burnley....who else would do that?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here