Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Vigil TV Series

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Was his name Mr Mounce?

Quite possibly but to be honest I can’t remember, but a lovely bloke. He was of the work hard play hard’ school and hated reggies with a passion. I think he was the most senior chief coxswain in the RN at the time (1986). I do know that he crossed the bar around 2010.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well…kept my attention….only downside is waiting until next Sunday for another episode…ive been spoilt with the likes of Netflix etc when you binge watch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like it.

And just laugh at the vastness of the sub’s interior. They’re not the first, Hollywood invariably do this, the huge ops room was also seen on Hunt For Red October.

Ludicrous plot and indiscipline/rudeness between ranks, doesn’t bother me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very much enjoying the continuing adventures of HMS TARDIS.

On a serious note, of course it's not accurate in every detail, but there's more than enough going on to keep people (me included) interested and watching, which is the ultimate point

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m finding it a bit disjointed and I think the technique of replacing strong narrative with plot twist after plot twist is wearing a bit thin in these dramas but it’s a perfectly welcome distraction on a Sunday night.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mrs DiS and I are hooked, and are not bothered about the inconsistencies or inaccuracies of the plot or sets. It’s fiction. It’s called poetic (or dramatic) license.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very much enjoying the continuing adventures of HMS TARDIS.

On a serious note, of course it's not accurate in every detail, but there's more than enough going on to keep people (me included) interested and watching, which is the ultimate point
Yes, plenty of inaccuracies, this week's was Walsh able to get pissed on board and get access to a gun.

The one thing that was really stupid though was at the tail end of episode 2 when Jade leaves the relative safety of the Peace Camp to " Go meet someone " in the middle of nowhere and in the dark. It was patently obvious she was going to be the next victim.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoying it and just like Line of Duty everyone is hiding something and is a suspect. More twists and turns than a Go Kart track.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Enjoyed the first two, but last night's episode bordered on the ridiculous! As a lover of "Scandi-noir" it's interesting to see a British TV drama trying to do some similar things (moody theme music; desolate, but beautiful, landscapes; weather mainly grey....). What surprises me is the PACE - everything happens at 100 mph in Vigil....there's no time to get to know the characters, or for the plot to develop in a logical way. It's just crazy how many twists there are in a one hour episode. Maybe we Brits don't have the attention span...?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Enjoyed the first two, but last night's episode bordered on the ridiculous! As a lover of "Scandi-noir" it's interesting to see a British TV drama trying to do some similar things (moody theme music; desolate, but beautiful, landscapes; weather mainly grey....). What surprises me is the PACE - everything happens at 100 mph in Vigil....there's no time to get to know the characters, or for the plot to develop in a logical way. It's just crazy how many twists there are in a one hour episode. Maybe we Brits don't have the attention span...?

Binge watched Stockholm Requiem last week (for the second time)….thoroughly enjoyed it…..but I’m also enjoying this series just in a different way

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As someone who doesn't do fiction/drama per se or watch TV hardly, If I do its sport/music/comedy. we've found it enjoyable, after a weekend working on the house it was about all we could manage come 9pm!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just a heads up that on Channel 5 next week the start of a new series , Submarine,Life Under the Waves
Hopefully it will give you a true insight of life onboard a boat and it's not funded by the Scottish Govt.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SPOILER ALERT.

The plot thickens with a murdering Russian spy, a US sub shadowing Vigil and an Agatha-esque extensive list of candidates to be the Russian spy/murderer on board. The Glasgwegian police detective now been given full access to UK state secrets and in no time at all has mastered submarine technology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here