Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
So the season ticket sharing went live on-line this morning and I have upgraded.
The details say I you can only assign the ticket to the same category of person i.e. Adukt, U21, U18 etc etc. Does this mean there is no longer the option to upgrade from a childs to adults ticket and pay the extra?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
So the season ticket sharing went live on-line this morning and I have upgraded.
The details say I you can only assign the ticket to the same category of person i.e. Adukt, U21, U18 etc etc. Does this mean there is no longer the option to upgrade from a childs to adults ticket and pay the extra?

I believe the upgrade is still an option and can be done up to 6 times in a season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd be interested to know how many have paid the £20 to be able to share their ticket. Obviously for people that split the cost of season tickets it is great as gives them a legitimate way to share but for the occasional passing on of tickets when you can't make a match it does seem too pricey for STH and those using the tickets.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just transferred my Dad's ticket to my daughter for this weekend. Pretty straight forward process, the only criticism i'd have of the system is that the ticket gets emailed back to the orignial ticket holder as a print at home ticket (with links to download to smart phone) to forward to the person who is now attending. Would make more sense for the ticket to be sent straight to the new person attending the game as their email address etc is held by the club as part of their My Albion membership. Not a big deal, but would make the whole process a lot smoother.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd be interested to know how many have paid the £20 to be able to share their ticket. Obviously for people that split the cost of season tickets it is great as gives them a legitimate way to share but for the occasional passing on of tickets when you can't make a match it does seem too pricey for STH and those using the tickets.

Perhaps. I guess it depends.

If I knew a STH who was likely to miss a few matches over the course of the season, I could offer to pay their £20 admin fee PLUS my £25 Albion+ membership and just 2 matches using their ST when they couldn't go would be cheaper and possibly easier for me than buying individual match tickets. I think the value proposition makes perfect sense; it just seems to be the principle of no longer being able to pass on a ST to anyone they feel like that some STHs seem to have an issue with.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Can you share it with multiple friends or family members as long as they are MyAlbion+ members and in the same age group?

I think you can share it down the ladder; so an Adult can share their ticket to any concession, and U18 can share theirs to an U10 etc. But you cannot share back up the price ladder.

el punal

All done! A bit of a rigmarole as I wanted to share Mrs.Punal’s ST with a friends & family member. Anyway I followed the step by step procedure from the club with no hiccups, and, decided on the print at home option rather than getting lost in the ether. All in all the whole process took about ten minutes. Now I’ve done it first time round future ticket share opportunities shouldn’t be a problem. Yay! :drink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just transferred my Dad's ticket to my daughter for this weekend. Pretty straight forward process, the only criticism i'd have of the system is that the ticket gets emailed back to the orignial ticket holder as a print at home ticket (with links to download to smart phone) to forward to the person who is now attending. Would make more sense for the ticket to be sent straight to the new person attending the game as their email address etc is held by the club as part of their My Albion membership. Not a big deal, but would make the whole process a lot smoother.

How does this work if my brother in law wants to share his ticket to my 6 year old son as he obviously does not have a smart phone or email addresr & we don't have a printer at home to print a ticket.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How does this work if my brother in law wants to share his ticket to my 6 year old son as he obviously does not have a smart phone or email addresr & we don't have a printer at home to print a ticket.

False beard?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The ticket can be downloaded to any smart phone, I’ve got both my season ticket and my daughters ticket on my phone for Saturday. There isn’t a limit to the number of tickets that can be saved to a device, it’s just more work to do at the turnstile making sure you select the kids tickets and get them in before you do your own.

I assume your son is an My Albion+ member and on your brother in laws friends and family. In which case your BIL just goes through the ticket sharing process, he will then get an email with the ticket for your son, which he can forward to you for you to save to a smart phone, or pop to the local library to print etc.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It's possible to have more than 1 ticket on a phone so whoever is taking the 6 year old can load it on their phone.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Always find something crops up which means miss a couple of games. Not willing to pay £20 so will be empty or on ticket exchange if sold out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always find something crops up which means miss a couple of games. Not willing to pay £20 so will be empty or on ticket exchange if sold out.

I’ve already got tickets on the Exchange but really don’t think the clubs tickets will sell out for the matches I can’t make. I’m not keen to pay £20 for someone else to use something I’ve already paid for. Sadly I don’t know anyone willing to pay it so they can use the ticket. Which means my seat in all possibility will be empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionite

May 20, 2009

I'm surprised not more are annoyed by this. A few games I can't go to because of work. Seat will now sit empty. Not going to pay £20 plus the £28 for who ever it is to join my Albion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve already got tickets on the Exchange but really don’t think the clubs tickets will sell out for the matches I can’t make. I’m not keen to pay £20 for someone else to use something I’ve already paid for. Sadly I don’t know anyone willing to pay it so they can use the ticket. Which means my seat in all possibility will be empty.

Can’t attend so have put mine in the exchange

When I’ve logged in I’m offered the chance as a STH to buy two additional tickets and when I’ve looked at my STH they are not available, unsure if that’s because they are already mine or they have been sold - assume you find out a few days after the game officially?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm surprised some people ARE annoyed by this. It's £20!

For the odd game that I can't go, I will transfer my seat to one of my lads who are both Albion+ members anyway as they will buy ad hoc tickets for home games when they are able.

If the 'fan' you'd like to pass your ticket to can't be bothered to pay the £28 (or just £25 if they set it up as an annual Direct Debit) - they're not much of a fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here