Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Match day parking

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Hi all, been away for a few years but now work allows we have got season tickets again. We will have to drive to games so where can we park or are there still residents around Coldean that rent out their drives ?
Cheers Bob.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi all, been away for a few years but now work allows we have got season tickets again. We will have to drive to games so where can we park or are there still residents around Coldean that rent out their drives ?
Cheers Bob.

Assuming you are Basingstoke ..how about drive as far as Southwick ..park for free near the station and then take advantage of the free travel from there ..some seem to suggest parking in Lewes and taking the train to Falmer ..best I can do with no parking at the clubs car parks available for the next three games

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Woodingdean and walk seems to be a popular option

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Woodingdean and walk seems to be a popular option

Not a huge number of spaces on the roads though……..may be possible to use some of industrial units on Bexhill Road (some are barriered and some have cctv/signage though).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Parking is pay per game (fastest finger first). There are many good suggestions on another thread, the best already reiterated here. I hope solutions are found :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Anything wrong with Park and Ride?

Absolutely nothing if you don't mind queuing alongside, then travelling travelling literally nose to nose for 15 minutes with your fellow fully vaccinated, ID'd and lateral flow tested football buddies in a tin can on wheels. I'm going Bridge Car Park instead for a couple of games to let me check out the P + R process in Covid times and see if it's going to meet my personal anxiety needs although fully realise a) how lucky I am to have parking and b) not everybody shares my caution to the same degree. I've done P + R every season at The Amex, but confess to being a little nervous of it at the moment.

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Assuming you are Basingstoke ..how about drive as far as Southwick ..park for free near the station and then take advantage of the free travel from there ..some seem to suggest parking in Lewes and taking the train to Falmer ..best I can do with no parking at the clubs car parks available for the next three games

What's the parking in Lewes like ?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Cheers Bob.

Afternoon. I am not too far away from you (up the road in Pamber Heath) we have always driven down to the park and ride at Mill Road. A really easy drive down via the M3 and M/A23. Not too bad getting to the buses after the game especially if you hang around for a coffee/beer etc.

Depends on how you feel with the COVID situation and the crowded park and ride buses for 15 mins or so. I think, like a couple of others, I am going to try parking closer at the Bridge car park for the first couple of games and see what the feedback is

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Afternoon. I am not too far away from you (up the road in Pamber Heath) we have always driven down to the park and ride at Mill Road. A really easy drive down via the M3 and M/A23. Not too bad getting to the buses after the game especially if you hang around for a coffee/beer etc.

Depends on how you feel with the COVID situation and the crowded park and ride buses for 15 mins or so. I think, like a couple of others, I am going to try parking closer at the Bridge car park for the first couple of games and see what the feedback is

Hi, we used to use the park and ride a little when we first started going down after they closed Coldean.
Trouble is sometimes we always cut the time a bit tight due to work so can't always get down before the park and ride is full.
We've never parked at Lewes but I think that may suit us better.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hi, we used to use the park and ride a little when we first started going down after they closed Coldean.
Trouble is sometimes we always cut the time a bit tight due to work so can't always get down before the park and ride is full.

On a few occasions I have parked at the West Street pay and display in Lewes, had a bit of lunch in the High Street then wandered down the hill to get the train.

The other benefit is that if you don't HAVE to head into Brighton post match, the queues for the Lewes bound trains are far shorter. (That still doesn't stop drunken twats shoving past you the moment a train comes in and cramming their fat, sweaty, heart-attack in waiting bodies into carriages that are already full; but I suppose twats will have to be twats).

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
On a few occasions I have parked at the West Street pay and display in Lewes, had a bit of lunch in the High Street then wandered down the hill to get the train.

The other benefit is that if you don't HAVE to head into Brighton post match, the queues for the Lewes bound trains are far shorter. (That still doesn't stop drunken twats shoving past you the moment a train comes in and cramming their fat, sweaty, heart-attack in waiting bodies into carriages that are already full; but I suppose twats will have to be twats).

:cheers::cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Plenty of parking, but avoid the station car park - expensive and a right pain to get out of at times. Car parks in North St better, especially the one at the bottom by the River

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

I apologised for that :down:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

If you haven't already booked the Bridge car park, it is sold out. Not sure if other parking may go live before the season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here