[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wow..... now that's what you call moving quickly

Barber and Bloom watch and learn !!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he’d go to a bigger / better club / team than that. Cilla just splash the cash for the fun of it - can’t compete with them and West Ham in the market I’m afraid.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
On the flip side, Southampton must be rocking after this news, they are pretty heavily reliant on Ings and James Ward-Prowse is being linked to other clubs too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Massively weakens Southampton as it stands, very reliant on Ings and they struggled when he was injured last season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Villa have made some quality signings. If they get rid of Smith and employ a decent manager, they could be a real force.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Either thats happened very quickly or Villa being tight lipped. Would like to see us get some signings over the line soon, otherwise we start to fall behind. Cucurella and a striker before the season starts would be nice, any others not so urgent.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wow..... now that's what you call moving quickly

Barber and Bloom watch and learn !!!!

We can only dream of getting a striker over the line that quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, can either of you link to when the deal started to be negotiated? Seeming you’ve both spoken about how it’s moving quickly, cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah...

Posters losing their shite about club X signing player Y for an obscene sum of money.

Then this

[tweet]1422930597413011462[/tweet]

You know what people...

...we might just get back to normal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it excellent recruitment - or is it more money than sense? We’ll prob never know.

They certainly seem to sign some decent players though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Given the right supply Wellbeck is as good a finisher as Ings.
Both are injury prone but I will admit that Wellbeck is more injury prone than Ings but Ings could easily get injured in the first game and be out for a few weeks.
I am not saying we don't need a striker, we do, but I am keeping everything crossed that we can get Wellbeck ready and he stays fit.
It is also going to be interesting to see how Maupay performs, if he continues to miss lots of chances we could be in a sticky posistion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we signed Danny Ings there'd be a 10 page thread of people complaining he was injury prone that would get bounced every time he tweaked a hair.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Given the right supply Wellbeck is as good a finisher as Ings.
Both are injury prone but I will admit that Wellbeck is more injury prone than Ings but Ings could easily get injured in the first game and be out for a few weeks.
I am not saying we don't need a striker, we do, but I am keeping everything crossed that we can get Wellbeck ready and he stays fit.
It is also going to be interesting to see how Maupay performs, if he continues to miss lots of chances we could be in a sticky posistion.

I’m Welbeck’s biggest fan on here but I’m sorry, that’s just not right, Ings is a far superior finisher to Welbeck. He’s lethal in front of goal. Southampton have been the opposite of us the last couple of years, ahead of their XG, purely because of Ings.

Ings is a brilliant footballer just let down at times by his fitness. This is an excellent signing for Villa and a disaster for Southampton. I’m loving every minute of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here