Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OP is clearly a WUM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m going to @Giraffe on Saturday and didn’t know I needed ID, assume driving licence is ok which would always be in my wallet but my 14 son only really has passport ID which I’d need to bring with me on Thursday when I travel to Sussex.

So he’s really tightened up home security!

To discuss the 2022/23 staying up tracker?

el punal

Of course ID will be needed, otherwise folks will be lending out phones left, right and centre.

I doubt that. Firstly, how are you going to deal with the absolute shitfest of 30,000 fans turning up at roughly the same time (over, say, a timescale of 30 minutes). You have the obligatory pat down for flasks and bottle tops, you then get to the turnstiles, another delay with much fumbling of finding the most suitable ID, then the scanning of your phone (hoping there isn’t a glitch), and of course, staff have to deal with those fans who can only use club approved ST cards and possible paper tickets for one match purposes.

Finally, do you honestly think that some bugger is going to loan out his expensive smart phone to a mate so that he can use it to access the season ticket app? Not sure about that one.

I would assume though that staff will do random checks on dodgy looking geezers for the reasons mentioned above. Still, we await and see - I’m sure everything will come out in the wash eventually.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It's the first I've heard of needing ID. There's no mention of it in the email I got containing my season ticket, nor the one about direct debits and there's no mention of it on ticket information on the club website

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2198922/first-three-home-games-now-on-sale

I know that we may have to show proof of vaccination (although that hasn't been confirmed yet) but what's that got to do with driving licences?

Same here.

This is fake news. I don’t see it being realistic to add various id checks in conjunction with the new digital ticket system. The new smart card will be an additional layer of security in and of itself.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I doubt that. Firstly, how are you going to deal with the absolute shitfest of 30,000 fans turning up at roughly the same time (over, say, a timescale of 30 minutes). You have the obligatory pat down for flasks and bottle tops, you then get to the turnstiles, another delay with much fumbling of finding the most suitable ID, then the scanning of your phone (hoping there isn’t a glitch), and of course, staff have to deal with those fans who can only use club approved ST cards and possible paper tickets for one match purposes.

Finally, do you honestly think that some bugger is going to loan out his expensive smart phone to a mate so that he can use it to access the season ticket app? Not sure about that one.

I would assume though that staff will do random checks on dodgy looking geezers for the reasons mentioned above. Still, we await and see - I’m sure everything will come out in the wash eventually.

I also think this. They can say ID is required as this then reserves the right to spot check ID of anyone acting like a knob or who they suspect might be subject to a banning order. Same as when we were told we'd need ID for away games halfway through 16/17 season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m going to Giraffe on Saturday and didn’t know I needed ID, assume driving licence is ok which would always be in my wallet but my 14 son only really has passport ID which I’d need to bring with me on Thursday when I travel to Sussex.

I don't think it's required for U18s.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Only about ten turning up on Saturday so would be easier

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I really should have learnt not to open threads by the OP. :shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same here.

This is fake news. I don’t see it being realistic to add various id checks in conjunction with the new digital ticket system. The new smart card will be an additional layer of security in and of itself.

Its not fake news.

I went to the club shop last week, and there were signs up around the stadium giving the 3 steps for entry. Something like 'download ticket, have the barcode ready on the screen, have ID ready'.

Whether everyone's ID actually gets checked remains to be seen. More likely to be spot checks, especially if queues are building I'd have thought, but who knows.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For the Man City game the ticket was on your phone and you needed to show ID. OK, only around 8,000 people, but it seemed to work perfectly well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For the Man City game the ticket was on your phone and you needed to show ID. OK, only around 8,000 people, but it seemed to work perfectly well.

This. Not sure why people are so worried about it. It takes a couple of seconds (only longer if you're stupid enough to get to the checkpoint and not have your ticket and ID ready despite all the signs telling you)

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex

Agreed, I was at the City game and got in just as easily as I always have pre Covid.
I might have got it wrong about Vaccine/LFT, I have been to events recently and been asked to follow a Covid protocol which involved showing proof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here