Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish to City

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having signed Buendia in the summer, it would look like they have his replacement in place already.

If Simple Jack really wants to prove himself then he has to move to a team who compete at the top level and he might win some medals.

If not, then he could end up as a Midlands Le Tissier

Very harsh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Pep would be livid if City's attacks break down with sock boy on the floor with his arms out after 'falling over'. They will want a lot more football out of him.

Also harsh. That said Grealish won't fit into a side that is pace pace pace.

Unless Pep wants to reinvent less pace. He is a genius after all, and one should never look askance at a football genius.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Also harsh. That said Grealish won't fit into a side that is pace pace pace.

Unless Pep wants to reinvent less pace. He is a genius after all, and one should never look askance at a football genius.

We'll see. Pep doesn't tolerate mistakes and I think he will quickly disabuse Grealish of the need to dive (potentially without getting a decision) instead of playing on. In other words, I think Pep would make him a better player. He could be a Ronaldo in the right team with the right manager.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Reports this morning that Villa are going to accept the offer.

Going to need to spend big on a replacement as they are very reliant on him… can’t see Emi Buendia as good as he is having quite the same influence on the side.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Hmmm if it is left to Jack l doubt he'd want to go, a Birmingham boy and Villa till he dies. He is a massive fish at Villa, but will be one of several similar sized species at Citeh.

It may not be him who makes the decision though.

Actually it will be Grealish who decides . The conversation starts , do you fancy a move to Man City ? If he says no , the conversation stops there and no bid is made . But often his agreement to explore a move away means he ends up getting a better contract to stay !

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not sure it's by any means certain that he'll go to City.

Villa are supposedly offering him £200,000 per week to stay, and while City will no doubt offer to double that, there's no guarantee that he'll be a starter for them. He might be like a more talented version of Zaha: happy to be the big fish in the small pond forever. That said, Zaha never got offers from top clubs, so perhaps the fact that it's Man City will tempt Sock Boy. While Villa are evidently trying to spend lots of money again, I'm not convinced Dean Smith is much of a manager: maybe Grealish isn't either.
Did you miss Zaha’s move to Utd ???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We'll see. Pep doesn't tolerate mistakes and I think he will quickly disabuse Grealish of the need to dive (potentially without getting a decision) instead of playing on. In other words, I think Pep would make him a better player. He could be a Ronaldo in the right team with the right manager.

I’m coming round to the opinion that the diving is mandated by Dean Smith rather than a big part of Grealish’ game. All the Villa forward players are cheats and Grealish wasn’t diving for England. I think a step up from Villa is a good move for him but it’s just a shame that it will be at a plastic club like Man City.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m coming round to the opinion that the diving is mandated by Dean Smith rather than a big part of Grealish’ game. All the Villa forward players are cheats and Grealish wasn’t diving for England. I think a step up from Villa is a good move for him but it’s just a shame that it will be at a plastic club like Man City.

I have no doubt that the diving is orchestrated by Smith. He’s a classic ‘percentages’ coach and will have done the stats that show him the best chances for his side are created by free kicks around the18 yard box and Grealish’s job is to win as many of those as possible.

I don’t believe a player as naturally gifted as Grealish and blessed with such natural balance and ball control wanted to become a pro simply to crash to the turf at the slightest hint of a challenge. Players like him instinctively want to beat players and take a shot or get a cross in. I saw a different Grealish in the Euros and I believe the move to City will enable him to actually play football rather than rugby league.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Awkward :lolol:

grealsih.JPG

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Surprised, doesn't appear to be a Pep like player to me. Slows things down. I would have thought Pep should focus on getting the best out of Sterling, remarkable difference in form for City and England.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have heard manager say several times prefers players to pass ball straight away rather than run with because ball moves quicker. Hover different near box as Grealish can make things happen and go past player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here