Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Use of pronouns……

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
verb (used with object), per·se·cut·ed, per·se·cut·ing.
to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
to annoy or trouble persistently.

That doesn't sound like persecution to me. Sounds like one person has made a complaint. And can you honestly say you know for a fact that someone didn't make a nasty comment and that it is a complaint about bullying of a transphobic nature and not simple someone accidentally misgendering them?

From that article: "Ms Green said the posts were malicious and it was "not just the misgendering" issue.

Ms Green, the founder of the transgender rights charity Mermaids, said she had now withdrawn her complaint to the police.
"

It would be quite the coincidence for this not to be the same Joshua Sutcliffe: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-53650010

"An investigation in December 2017 found he had "misgendered" the Oxford pupil which broke its policy on equality.

At the time, Mr Sutcliffe told the head teacher he did "not share your belief in the ideology of transgenderism" and later took legal action for constructive dismissal and discrimination.
"

So your three examples of persecution of people for accidental misgendering involves one person making a complaint (without any independent proof that the complaint is simply about an accidental misgendering), and not really persecution.
A complaint that was bigger than misgendering and was withdrawn
A a one sided interview with someone who it turns out has an idealogical opposition to transgenderism, and unlikely to be 'accidentally' misgendering someone.

Quite. Seems very much like this 'persecution' for accidental misgendering isn't actually a big problem.

After 156 posts that's probably end of thread :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's all a load of bollocks really. What's the practical use for this? In 30 years I've only ever referred to colleagues by their first name, why do I need to know their gender?

so they tell the world they have changed gender identity.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
I'm just gonna call them by their name. And if they wanna be a she/her when they're obviously a he/him or vice versa I shall have to humour them, I suppose.

But if they want me to use these neopronoun bollocks and call themselves trees or ghouls or whatever they can go screw themselves.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I suppose we could all put our pronouns out there but I really don't see the point. If someone wants to be known as zie or zir, don't worry, they WILL tell you about it. It's like the old Vegan joke.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's all a load of bollocks really. What's the practical use for this? In 30 years I've only ever referred to colleagues by their first name, why do I need to know their gender?
Wise words, either wanting to get rid of them or grow a pair.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Also posted on the BBC Olympics coverage why is it so crap thread but also relevant here . Just shows how careful you have to be these days

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/28/toky...y-misgender-non-binary-olympian-15003365/amp/

Tokyo 2020: BBC commentators blasted for repeatedly misgendering first openly non-binary Olympian despite having pronouns highlighted on their skateboard

Alana uses they/them pronouns and was knocked out of the Women’s Street Skateboarding semi-finals, representing Team USA.

Despite wearing a ‘pronoun pin’ and having ‘they/them’ drawn on their skateboard, commentators Ed Leigh and Marc Churchill continued to refer to them as ‘she’ and ‘her’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here