Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST Holder without Google/Apple pay?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have purchased two tickets for getafe friendly for me and the misses. I was sent the link to add to apple wallet. It downloaded one but won’t do the other as it says you can only have one ticket per match on it. Trying to get hold of club but been four hours trying to buy ticket let alone trying to get answer to this. They are supposed to be ringing me back but it takes them forever. Any help would be appreciated

Have you considered downloading the other ticket onto your wife's phone? :dunce:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I have recently renewed my driving licence, the old one was ten years old but also was a photo card.
Licences issued before 1999 were not photocards and don't expire until your 70th birthday, unless you move house. Hence the last old green or pink licences may be valid until about 2050.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So what is the excuse, these days, for citizens with enough money and free time to attend the football, and to have a computer or smart phone with which to communicate with NSC, to claim or imply they don't have enough money to buy a cheap smart phone (mine cost about £30, second hand) and access the goodness and baubles needed to attend the football. Or the wherewithall to ask someone to help them? What gives?

I have a touch screen smart phone and plenty tech savvy enough to use it thank you.

It's Googlepay I have the issue with. I don't have it, don't want it and refuse to give Google my card details.

I don't complain about your choices, if you don't like mine, fine, but your thinly veiled sarcastic digs are not appreciated. So do one.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I have a touch screen smart phone and plenty tech savvy enough to use it thank you.

It's Googlepay I have the issue with. I don't have it, don't want it and refuse to give Google my card details.

I don't complain about your choices, if you don't like mine, fine, but your thinly veiled sarcastic digs are not appreciated. So do one.

Just to be clear (for anyone else reading this thread) - you do not have to put any credit or debit card details into Google Pay in order to use it as a 'wallet' for your season ticket.

Google Pay is simply a place to hold your ticket on your phone, from the Albion's perspective. If you want to use it as a payment system more generally, you can if you want (and will have to link a credit or debit card to it).

I have my season ticket held within Google Pay, but have no credit or debit card details linked to Google Pay.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have my season ticket held within Google Pay, but have no credit or debit card details linked to Google Pay.

This is what I have done too. I've arranged for Junior Orange to get a new season ticket card, as he is too young for a smart phone and I don't want his season ticket stuck on my phone if for some reason I can't take him (like a couple of years ago when I got hospitalised).

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yes on match day as you approach the turnstiles you open up Apple Wallet and select the ticket. Then when at the turnstile just tap the ticket to the turnstile reader and it is read contactlessly (unless you've got an ancient iPhone then you'll get a barcode to scan). On my iPhone if I double press (2 quick presses) on the power button (on the right-hand side of the phone) it launches the wallet.

Exactly how Apple Pay works in shops, open wallet and select debit/credit card then tap it to the contactless reader to pay.

If you got an even more modern iphone the 2 quick presses on the power button are no longer needed, you just present it the terminal and it opens automatically.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
No Smartphone

I wonder "if I don't have a smartphone" whether you just get a physical season ticket again with your photo on. Which would facilitate easier sharing of tickets (can't believe stewards are going to be checking id every single time!)...

I had to send a copy of my driving licence and a recent photo of myself to supporter services, the said they will issue a new physical season ticket, I know a few people who do not have any form of photo ID, dont know how they will get in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I had to send a copy of my driving licence and a recent photo of myself to supporter services, the said they will issue a new physical season ticket, I know a few people who do not have any form of photo ID, dont know how they will get in.

I mean if you're such a luddite that in 2021 you've never bothered to get a photo ID is that really the club's fault? They shouldn't have to jump through hoops for societies' hold outs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Passport photo booths in the Brighton area

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=ALeKk02-6yzZ5pp7GD_uAFdoJzXUZH3eEA:1627375640316&q=passport+photo+booth+brighton&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwjU1dPX7oLyAhUkRjABHZ8lAWMQtgN6BAgREAM#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[50.871145299999995,-0.0728212],[50.818092500000006,-0.2591651]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

Other areas are available :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I mean if you're such a luddite that in 2021 you've never bothered to get a photo ID is that really the club's fault? They shouldn't have to jump through hoops for societies' hold outs.

If you've paid up front for a season ticket and now are told 'by the way you need photo-id then the club need to come up with a solution.

nobody's fault and no need to jump through hoops

probably just need an important grown up to verify a photo is you (like when you apply for a passport)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don’t have any problem with tickets by smart phone but let’s be honest this is all about the clubs solution to people giving tickets to family and friends when not attending. All good this season when not a sell out as long as you pay an extra £20 to be able to pass on.

Long term though I can only see this as something that will put many off having a season ticket at all with the extra faff if not attending. Probably not a problem all the time we are doing ok in The Prem. Could unravel when we eventually get relegated though and supply is greater than demand.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Just to reassure you that to use your season ticket with Google Pay you don't have to have any credit or debit cards added to Google Pay. You can use Google pay for just your season tickets and nothing else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't fathom why or how people get through life without photo ID? Practically impossible to do anything now without it. Or perhaps I can for people in real poverty etc, but not people forking out £550+ a season for football

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
I don’t have any problem with tickets by smart phone but let’s be honest this is all about the clubs solution to people giving tickets to family and friends when not attending. All good this season when not a sell out as long as you pay an extra £20 to be able to pass on.

Long term though I can only see this as something that will put many off having a season ticket at all with the extra faff if not attending. Probably not a problem all the time we are doing ok in The Prem. Could unravel when we eventually get relegated though and supply is greater than demand.
I agree its off putting and a lot of hassle. I still haven't heard from supporter services. 48 hour later got 1 of my 2 emails acknowledged. Quite slow makes me wonder how many fans are affected by the changes?

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
no passport no driving licence no bus pass no id with DOB and pic on, seems birth certificates universally acceptable everywhere else are not good enough for "Dear Supporter" a generic letter response directly supporters back through hoops of online links going dizzy in circles isnt helpful. Ive no time whatsoever between now and start season to obtain a bus pass i dont want or need (except for a season ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so looks like i will have to throw away season tickets and apply on match by match basis if the club permit entry without these ridiculous stranglehold's. I cant be alone in having kids with no bus pass or other form of id with DOB and pic on weve been in lockdown for 2 years FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here