Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Just Eat - don't bother

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The doris got in from work at 9 and fancied a Maccies (yeah, I know). I had been drinking since 4 though, so a trip out was not on the agenda. So we ordered online from Just Eat at about 9.15. Est delivery time was 21.40-22.00. Fine.

Come 22.00 going by our online order a driver had not even been assigned. 22.30 the same. So I've got my order on the screen with status updates (still 'waiting to assign a driver'), but NO option to cancel it. Obviously its a write-off by now, I didn't even particularly want it in the first place, but now I've had a narky hungry missus (as if its MY fault), no food, and a £13 hole in my account. Their website is shite, there's no discernible way to cancel and get a refund without engaging with a "chatbot". Which I reluctantly did, and eventually cancelled it whilst being told I'll get my refund within 24 hours. What a cuffing FAFF.

Long and short, I've spent half the evening pissing about with them to cancel and get a refund, I'm peckish and will probably resort to a ham and cheese toastie (which I'd have been happy with in the first place).

Just Eat ? Just don't f*cking bother. What a bunch of ARSE

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as a new ad campaign think it needs work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It gives me little pleasure to read that someone has had an even more ****ish last 90 minutes than me. Despite the confident interjection of Mrs T, I now have no displayable ticket for Watford, nothing from the club regarding my companion ticket, and yet I apparently have two google pay accounts (neither with any tickets assocaied with them, nor links). **** this. I'm off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The doris got in from work at 9 and fancied a Maccies (yeah, I know). I had been drinking since 4 though, so a trip out was not on the agenda. So we ordered online from Just Eat at about 9.15. Est delivery time was 21.40-22.00. Fine.

Come 22.00 going by our online order a driver had not even been assigned. 22.30 the same. So I've got my order on the screen with status updates (still 'waiting to assign a driver'), but NO option to cancel it. Obviously its a write-off by now, I didn't even particularly want it in the first place, but now I've had a narky hungry missus (as if its MY fault), no food, and a £13 hole in my account. Their website is shite, there's no discernible way to cancel and get a refund without engaging with a "chatbot". Which I reluctantly did, and eventually cancelled it whilst being told I'll get my refund within 24 hours. What a cuffing FAFF.

Long and short, I've spent half the evening pissing about with them to cancel and get a refund, I'm peckish and will probably resort to a ham and cheese toastie (which I'd have been happy with in the first place).

Just Eat ? Just don't f*cking bother. What a bunch of ARSE

Well, I ordered a black cab on the Gett app this week. Their system went down 5 minutes before the cab arrived. The driver cancelled and the app charged me a £10 pound cancellation fee five flicking times.

This week my mums router went tits up (lightening strike probably) and I spent 90 flicking minutes on the phone trying to get a replacement from BT. The morons on the phone were confused by the fact that three family members (with the same surname) live near each other with the same post code.

How on earth do they deal with religious death cults in this day and age ?

They then identified the house owner as someone with a birthdate of 1901 and asked if that was correct.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting "one time password" text messages from HSBC for items bought online that I'd never ordered including two purchases of £500 trainers. HSBC didn't have a scooby.

Turns out somebody has compromised my account (including the 3 digit code on the back of the card) and at some point next week I've got to go though my statements and try and work out what I didn't buy and somehow prove it to the bank.

I'm genuinely sorry about your burger though. Deliveroo didn't deliver the spring rolls with my Thai last Friday and after a few glasses of wine I was genuinely gutted. They were ordered intentionally to get over the bank fraud.

Deliveroo, Just Eat, BT and HSBC. All part of the same international offshore chatbot conspiracy, injecting us with Bill Gates ROMS via a vaccine etc..

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It gives me little pleasure to read that someone has had an even more ****ish last 90 minutes than me. Despite the confident interjection of Mrs T, I now have no displayable ticket for Watford, nothing from the club regarding my companion ticket, and yet I apparently have two google pay accounts (neither with any tickets assocaied with them, nor links). **** this. I'm off.

But at least you've been fed and watered chap :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I ordered a black cab on the Gett app this week. Their system went down 5 minutes before the cab arrived. The driver cancelled and the app charged me a £10 pound cancellation fee five flicking times.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting "one time password" text messages from HSBC for items bought online that I'd never ordered including two purchases of £500 trainers. HSBC didn't have a scooby.

Turns out somebody has compromised my account (including the 3 digit code on the back of the card) and at some point next week I've got to go though my statements and try and work out what I didn't buy and prove it to the bank.

I'm genuinely sorry about your burger though. Deliveroo didn't deliver the spring rolls with my Thai last Friday and after a few glasses of wine I was genuinely gutted. They were ordered intentionally to get over the bank fraud.

Yikes. Stuff my burgers, thats a horrendous turnabout of events and a monumental ballache to sort out. Hope it all works out fella.

As it happens, I have another tale of WOE that happened to me on Monday night, which involved me cancelling all the debit and credit cards in my wallet...before to my exquisite relief it fell out of my jeans in the tumble drier the following afternoon (but not before I'd cancelled and re-ordered everything). It involved a homeless person being invited back the night before, but I'm not sure I have the energy to go into it now. Bloody hell though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yikes. Stuff my burgers, thats a horrendous turnabout of events and a monumental ballache to sort out. Hope it all works out fella.

As it happens, I have another tale of WOE that happened to me on Monday night, which involved me cancelling all the debit and credit cards in my wallet...before to my exquisite relief it fell out of my jeans in the tumble drier the following afternoon (but not before I'd cancelled and re-ordered everything). It involved a homeless person being invited back the night before, but I'm not sure I have the energy to go into it now. Bloody hell though.

I've added more since your quote you self obsessed *******.

But please tell more. Many an interesting yarn starts with "fell out of my jeans in the tumble drier". It usually describes a middle class sanctitude that turns dark very quickly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never had any problem with using Just Eat :shrug:

I've only used them twice before and they were very good - delivered within about 20-25 and it was HOT. No complaints.

Tonight was a total write-off though. As I snottily left on their feedback - if you haven't got the drivers then DON'T TAKE THE ORDERS. I won't be using them again, there's just no way of knowing if its going to arrive. And there's nobody to speak to, not like you can call someone up.

Lesson learned.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
You know McD’s have their own delivery service? The list of the biggest is changing all the time but last time I looked Deliveroo was number one and McD was number two. So Just Eat simply not a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But at least you've been fed and watered chap :thumbsup:

True. And lovely it was. I'll wind my entitled neck back in again, then. Ahem.

:wink:

And I hope you found something palatable in the fridge. Better than this:

dinner.gif

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've only used them twice before and they were very good - delivered within about 20-25 and it was HOT. No complaints.

Tonight was a total write-off though. As I snottily left on their feedback - if you haven't got the drivers then DON'T TAKE THE ORDERS. I won't be using them again, there's just no way of knowing if its going to arrive. And there's nobody to speak to, not like you can call someone up.

Lesson learned.

You realise what's to blame? ???

(huffily wraps quilted dressing gown round tightly, adjusts pince nez, and tuts)

Brexit. Fact.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This thread took a turn for the better. Do tell.

Well, it involved a 700 back from Shoreham High St after a few sherberts. I got chatting to a homeless guy in the bus stop who got on the same bus, and as we got along he offered me one of his tinnies. Very decent chap, well spoken, ex-forces, not a complete shambles appearance-wise. So on a warm summers evening I asked him back to my garden for a couple of beers, whilst making it clear we wouldn't be putting him up for the night. I've gone up and put some shorts on as it was steaming hot.

Had a pleasant hour or so of interesting convo and a couple of cigars, before he set off to get his bus along to Brighton to his shelter. But then, after he'd gone - I couldn't find my wallet, anywhere. And I only leave it in 2 places, it was in neither. She'd already gone to bed, and I was not prepared to tell her my wallet was missing (after it was my idea to have him back - I knew the grief that would involve). So I phoned the banks and just cancelled everything, writing off the £70-£80 cash I had in it.

The following afternoon, I fish my jeans out of the drier and there's loose cards rolling around everywhere. Unbeknown to me, she's given him a tenner then put my wallet back in my jeans. I've then washed them not knowing my wallet was in the pocket.

I feel a bit bad because I was CURSING that fella on Monday night and most of Tuesday, although I thought it weird (in my mind) that only my wallet was missing and not phones etc, which were lying around the house. Anyway, a lot of aggro but alls well that ends well I suppose.

What a palava. Thanks for staying with it, folks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here