Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter - football genius

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Ben White
Jul/Aug 2020 - Brighton reject bid of £25m from a team oop north
Jul 2021 - Brighton accept £50m bid, with it seems a significant chunk being paid up front.

Well done our coaching maestro and his team in turning a £25m player into a £50m player in a year.

:whistle:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ben White
Jul 2021 - Brighton accept £50m bid, with it seems a significant chunk being paid up front.

Well done our coaching maestro and his team in turning a £25m player into a £50m player in a year.

More fool the club willing to pay £50m in the present climate l'd say. :facepalm:

Not that we won't bite their hands off of course.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We would never offer £25m+ for a player who has only had 1 year of championship football. His development over the last 2 years has been incredible and my biggest fear is he could've been sold next summer for significantly more. However allowing him to leave sets a precedent on fees we will listen to and opens up an opportunity to repeat the process with players in the future, I wish him all the best and hope is gets plenty of game time

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ben White

Would be massively surprised if our resident gormless Benny had any hand in the process whatsoever, other than being practically ordered to play BW by his paymasters:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be massively surprised if our resident gormless Benny had any hand in the process whatsoever, other than being practjcally ordered to play him by his paymasters:shrug:

Every time I read a comment from you about Potter I feel so grateful that you have absolutely nothing to do with the running of BHA, we’d be out of the Football League in four straight seasons :smile:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every time I read a comment from you about Potter I feel so grateful that you have absolutely nothing to do with the running of BHA, we’d be out of the Football League in four straight seasons :smile:

As always, thanks for stalking :thumbsup:

BW's reputation was forged at Leeds. The Cult Of Potter had the square root of f*ck all to do with enhancing his market value

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

BW's reputation was forged at Leeds. The Cult Of Potter had the square root of f*ck all to do with enhancing his market value

You’re welcome, you deserve it :thumbsup:

1/10, pathetic fishing :lolol:

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Arsenal will eventually sell him to a bigger club.I guess we will have sell on clause maybe 20% .

Arsenal are desperate and are willing to pay obscene prices. White is good, might become very good, but I think he should have waited for a Champions League team that play out from the back and counter attack. Arsenal concede goals and I am not sure if White will stop them conceding as there are lots of problems in terms of how Arsenal defend.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Of course you’re right. The 36 matches he played in the PL last season are a complete irrelevance and his further progress has nothing to do with the coaching environment he was in last season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We would never offer £25m+ for a player who has only had 1 year of championship football. His development over the last 2 years has been incredible and my biggest fear is he could've been sold next summer for significantly more. However allowing him to leave sets a precedent on fees we will listen to and opens up an opportunity to repeat the process with players in the future, I wish him all the best and hope is gets plenty of game time

Mere inconsequential details l know, but . . . shall we wait for official confirmation first?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ben White

Mind you don't go getting yourself into trouble with copyright of the 'dirty patent' :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I’m surprised at you. White was tipped as an England player by Michael Flynn at Newport County, so Potter might not be the deciding factor, as it has been carefully managed by Brighton, but he did get his PL experience under him.
Brighton, as a club (includes youth coaching, and management) have handled this superbly, including selecting his loan clubs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THPP has a point, Out recruitment and coaching as well as youth & U23 coaching staff etc have had more to do with BW's progress since we first picked him up.

Player has been well managed since GP arrived though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m surprised at you. White was tipped as an England player by Michael Flynn at Newport County, so Potter might not be the deciding factor, as it has been carefully managed by Brighton, but he did get his PL experience under him.
Brighton, as a club (includes youth coaching, and management) have handled this superbly, including selecting his loan clubs.

Exactly. I was just reacting honestly to the deeply stupid thread title :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Of course nothing to do with our gormless manager who turned the God of Yorkshire into a seat punching spoilt brat not once but twice last season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone supporting Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield Utd may well beg to differ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here