Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/its-quiet-17-glory-thread.354678/page-818#post-14945721

A quick search on the forum suggests that 93.20Blue is normally pretty spot on with his rumours, and the amount of thumbs suggests he’s pretty respected.

Gutted. Hope we take them to the cleaners :(

Could just have easily been told to post that by the club if he's fed titbits. It was City that briefed the Mail that they wanted Cucurella for £30 mill.

As I've said constantly, double that and we might open talks.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I would agree with this.
There are a few reasons why I don't think he will go this season.

1-City are the only club likely to meet our valuation and they don't really need him
2-Cucu is probably best served starting every game in a World cup season
3-Tony Bloom

It would have to be a ridiculously good offer to take him away.

Agreed... and I would add 4. Graham Potter. He's not going to be happy having the POTS wrenched away from his improving squad after just one season. Cucu's energy lifts the whole squad. One more season (with a replacement being developed) and GP would understand the letting go.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If we can hold out and get upwards of £30m I'd be delighted

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could just have easily been told to post that by the club if he's fed titbits. It was City that briefed the Mail that they wanted Cucurella for £30 mill.

Big guess from me but I think that Man City and us are in active discussions for a transfer between £30m-£40m. I just don’t think that this potential deal involves Cucu.

Perhaps this is what ‘sources’ have picked up on.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Indeed. The talk of £45 million that is being re-quoted across the internet all seems to come from an article by Andy Dawson in the Sun. He wrote that Chelsea had been told that they would need to pay £45m. As we know from previous reports that Tony Bloom doesn't quote prices, he either rejects or accepts bids, it seems obvious that this is a made up figure. Dawson seems to write a lot about Chelsea, so it makes you wonder whether he made the figure up, or he's spoken to somebody at Chelsea who has put forward a figure that they'd like to get him for.

We know from Owen and from Cucurella's interview that there has been no contact. Its holiday time for everyone at the moment and, with reports of interest from Spurs, Chelsea & City, there is absolutely no way that Bloom has accepted the first offer made unless it is eye-wateringly high. Funny seeing the level of entitlement on City's forum, with every one of them believing what they want to be true and some already posting up squads for next year with Cucu featured. If City want someone, they get him, seems to be the assumption, as apparently last summer's failure to get Kane is completely obliterated from their memories.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed... and I would add 4. Graham Potter. He's not going to be happy having the POTS wrenched away from his improving squad after just one season. Cucu's energy lifts the whole squad. One more season (with a replacement being developed) and GP would understand the letting go.
We need to get Cucu on board with that scenario too - one more season with us (unless we get a stellar offer - IMHO it would have to be £60M plus), and then we won't make it difficult for him to move on in a year's time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know it means little, but he's just moved from rented accomodation on Shoreham beach to a purchased home in Hove. Make of it what you will.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was City that briefed the Mail that they wanted Cucurella for £30 mill.

Was it ? The stories so far have just indicated that he's on a variety of clubs radar. Well hardly a revelation - of course he is. No bids. No discussion with club - yet - confirmed by Brighton journalists. That makes sense too. Its a long summer. But confirmation clubs have him on shortlist whilst interesting and makes for a good back page is still thin. Very sceptical of anything that goes further. And most social transfer insiders or fake news sharers always overplay their hand.
As for ££ - thats all speculation by the journos writing the story. Not seen any stories arguing "i've been told" that "this is what a club are prepared to pay". or "this is what Albion are prepared to sell at".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Have no clue if there's anything in this Cucu to City thing but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first of many of our players linked to City over the next couple of years, our players are ideally suited to fit into their system. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mac Allister linked with them this time next year, he's the perfect fit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was it ? The stories so far have just indicated that he's on a variety of clubs radar. Well hardly a revelation - of course he is. No bids. No discussion with club - yet - confirmed by Brighton journalists. That makes sense too. Its a long summer. But confirmation clubs have him on shortlist whilst interesting and makes for a good back page is still thin. Very sceptical of anything that goes further. And most social transfer insiders or fake news sharers always overplay their hand.
As for ££ - thats all speculation by the journos writing the story. Not seen any stories arguing "i've been told" that "this is what a club are prepared to pay". or "this is what Albion are prepared to sell at".

I was told that by someone who should know, yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs would now be quids in, if they bought Cucu from us for £17.1m

Come on I've been a good boy, for ages

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I know it means little, but he's just moved from rented accomodation on Shoreham beach to a purchased home in Hove. Make of it what you will.

These personal details probably do mean more than a little. I'm sure the Albion helped him and Mrs Cucu settle in to Sussex, and I'd imagine that Mrs Cucu isn't that keen to move on to another place just yet when she has a family to look after. And as we all know...Sussex is far warmer and sunnier than Manchester/ Cheshire...whatever the salary. At least one more year in sunny Sussex I reckon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No need to accept an offer yet of course, with multiple clubs all interested. Let them play off each other and let's see where this goes. Either a ludicrous bid or all parties deciding to look for a better value alternative would work out fine

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He CAN'T Go - what would happen to all those orphaned Wigs? :down:

Allow me to introduce you to TODD MILLER…

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/u23s-team/players/53781/todd-miller

0109F36D-F3C9-4CCA-8A32-B384695FC6EB.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Have no clue if there's anything in this Cucu to City thing but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first of many of our players linked to City over the next couple of years, our players are ideally suited to fit into their system. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mac Allister linked with them this time next year, he's the perfect fit.

Yup- and we know Guardiola loves Potter so he’ll know any player who’s been here has been coached very well. Mac and then Caicedo bound to be linked in a season or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here