Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Wayne Couzens has pleaded guilty to murder of Sarah Everard

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still so much more to come out, but as for the full story we will probably never know.

Quite how anybody is allowed to carry a firearm with his "history" is beyond me. A number of internal investigations already under way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still so much more to come out, but as for the full story we will probably never know.

Quite how anybody is allowed to carry a firearm with his "history" is beyond me. A number of internal investigations already under way.

I read the details of this case via The Times. It was planned although Sarah was completely unknown to him. It’s possible he has committed other crimes, and will also be investigated.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
TWELVE police officers under investigation in connection with this case.

Some for failing to investigate three separate allegations of indecent exposure against Couzens.

I agree Clapham Gull, we won't ever get the full story. It will be covered up.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The fact he’d apparently deliberately hired a car and bought binding tape etc shows this wasn’t just a random spur of the moment thing. Sick *******.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Some for failing to investigate three separate allegations of indecent exposure against Couzens.

From the "full story" I meant from him, because he doesn't appear to be talking at the moment.

To be fair, some of the investigations are completely routine after he self harmed in the cells and ended up in hospital twice. The police looking after him will be routinely investigated.

The other investigations are surrounding why he still on duty at all after previous "incidents". So much is in the public domain, I doubt there will be a cover up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

After the shambolic fiasco of the Stephen Lawrence cover up, I somehow doubt it, this time. Heads will roll, and quickly. The 'all a long time ago' arguments won't wash here, either.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I read the details of this case via The Times. It was planned although Sarah was completely unknown to him. It’s possible he has committed other crimes, and will also be investigated.

Yeah, I followed it very closely as it was all a little to close to home. Sarah started her journey a short walk way from here (I don't live in Clapham) and the locations were inaccurately reported in the press.

Her journey was probably through a dense area of housing to the west of Clapham Common that joins Balham and Clapham Junction. Effectively Wandsworth.

Arriving somewhere near Clapham South (right on the border of Clapham) curving round to Brixton via Ponders Road.

They Police have no idea whether she walked across the common or not, which oddly became the focus of attention for the protests etc..

If I walked that route, I wouldn't have walked "across" the common and if I did I would have just walked along the well lit A205 that cuts through it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yeah, I followed it very closely as it was all a little to close to home. Sarah started her journey a short walk way from here (I don't live in Clapham) and the locations were inaccurately reported in the press.

Her journey was probably through a dense area of housing to the west of Clapham Common that joins Balham and Clapham Junction. Effectively Wandsworth.

Arriving somewhere near Clapham South (right on the border of Clapham) curving round to Brixton via Ponders Road.

They Police have no idea whether she walked across the common or not, which oddly became the focus of attention for the protests etc..

If I walked that route, I wouldn't have walked "across" the common and if I did I would have just walked along the well lit A205 that cuts through it.

The shitty truth is that she probably did everything she could. Avoided the Common, kept to the main roads - all the crap women have to go through just to try and be safe. And it still didn’t help, because she got confronted in the middle of a busy public place by a guy who probably pulled out his police ID and/or gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The shitty truth is that she probably did everything she could. Avoided the Common, kept to the main roads - all the crap women have to go through just to try and be safe. And it still didn’t help, because she got confronted in the middle of a busy public place by a guy who probably pulled out his police ID and/or gun. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He definitely didn't have his gun, but probably (the Police think) had some sort of warrant card.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
She should have gone a long time ago.
She will be allowed to resign on full pension. :censored:

Never quite understood how she managed to get the top role after the Stockwell Shooting. I think I've posted on here, but I was in the tube station that morning on that platform.

Missed it by a minute or so and would have boarded the same carriage.

At the last minute, I decided to take the Victorian Line instead.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The fact he’d apparently deliberately hired a car and bought binding tape etc shows this wasn’t just a random spur of the moment thing. Sick *******.

Not forgetting that as a serving Police Officer he made no educated attempt to cover his tracks, I heard the body was found close to some land he owned ffs, Ted and the team need to get involved and I’m not joking, something smells about this whole case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not forgetting that as a serving Police Officer he made no educated attempt to cover his tracks, I heard the body was found close to some land he owned ffs, Ted and the team need to get involved and I’m not joking, something smells about this whole case!

It doesn't really. The missing persons investigation started and finished very very quickly. He admitted to the abduction very early on albeit with a stupid story involving some Eastern European people traffickers.

He hired the car in his own name and it didn't take the police long to find he owned nearby land. He was even spotted there by locals.

Where the investigation will lead is how the hell he hadn't already been suspended and/or arrested before the day of the abduction.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Indeed; my old stamping ground. You would actually have to make a diversion to go over the common itself and it wouldn't really have helped her to do so. The friend she was visiting was in Leathwaite Road, which is about the last but one road before Clapham Common Westside. She most probably walked along Wakehurst or Thurleigh Road, and would then have been almost at Clapham South Tube Station. If she had walked across the common, she would have ended up at Clapham North. Couzens clearly abducted her on a main road, probably Poynders Road. Yes, the Metropolitan Police have a lot to answer for. Firstly, why was Couzens accepted in to the force? Clearly the background checks were not robust enough, and secondly, why was Cressida Dick even considered for the Commissioner's post after Stockwell? I actually wonder whether the Met needs to be disbanded, and a new Greater London Police Service formed, as with the RUC being abolished and being replaced by the Northern Ireland Police Service.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed; my old stamping ground. You would actually have to make a diversion to go over the common itself and it wouldn't really have helped her to do so. The friend she was visiting was in Leathwaite Road, which is about the last but one road before Clapham Common Westside. She most probably walked along Wakehurst or Thurleigh Road, and would then have been almost at Clapham South Tube Station. If she had walked across the common, she would have ended up at Clapham North. Couzens clearly abducted her on a main road, probably Poynders Road. Yes, the Metropolitan Police have a lot to answer for. Firstly, why was Couzens accepted in to the force? Clearly the background checks were not robust enough, and secondly, why was Cressida Dick even considered for the Commissioner's post after Stockwell? I actually wonder whether the Met needs to be disbanded, and a new Greater London Police Service formed, as with the RUC being abolished and being replaced by the Northern Ireland Police Service.

The abduction was seen on a bus CCTV on the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here