Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luis Diaz

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Looks like the guy who broke the Mwepu transfer has another scoop:

[tweet] 1412931212948221953 [/tweet]

Personally, I'm sceptical, as it seemed like he's a Salzburg insider, so I'm not sure why he'd have info about a Porto to Brighton transfer. But I'll humour it, given he was right last time and...well, you never know. Let's see how this one plays out....

....and this fella looks like quite a player. Winger, for those wondering.

https://youtu.be/ipqpUFyQAXE

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Goal scoring winger with Champions League experience. We like Colombians it seems. Not a main striker though that’s for sure.

:moo: if he sings then becomes our Thierry Henry I’ll happily have this comment bounced every week please!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Luis Dias

[tweet]1412931212948221953[/tweet]

Left winger from Porto. Posted by the same guy who broke the Mwepu transfer…

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I saw that earlier and watched video. If we get him I will be absolutely amazed and anticipation will go off the scale. He looks the real deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Naylor said no yet?

Sounds more like a Nuno signing to me

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Very interesting, I'm sure there were rumours about him in another thread that were put to bed quite early with the wages sword .

He's a wonderful player and if this one comes off I'd be delighted ,I'd be surprised if we're the only EPL team after him though , get this one over the line please .

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I mean - if this has legs then wow.

He has just scored a couple of worldie goals in the Copa America vs Argentina and Brazil.

Interesting that there's been plenty of rumours on wingers but not much on strikers. Change of formation for the new season?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Didn’t that guy claim to have inside info on Red Bull teams? Which it then turned out he just took from a Salzburg forum and a video from a Zambian journalist? How the hell would he know about a transfer between us and Porto?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Always knew we were after a left winger to replace Izzy, Ali-J etc.

Gonzalez was plan A but this guy looks good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mods: please merge with the initial thread on this which not only has some astute analysis about the prospect of this deal, but also manages to spell the player's name correctly in the thread title.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If it happens and it's what GP wants and it improves the team - I'm in. I'll wait for the official announcement to get excited though! :)

PS Is this the same Luis Dias/Diaz as in the other Luis Diaz thread, or is he so good there are two of them?
(Hint: merge anyone?)

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Didn’t that guy claim to have inside info on Red Bull teams? Which it then turned out he just took from a Salzburg forum and a video from a Zambian journalist? How the hell would he know about a transfer between us and Porto?

Well maybe he has done the same thing with a Porto forum and a Portugeuese journalist!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There’s a bit of chatter for this on Twitter. Won’t get too excited yet of course. But there are now a few sources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here