Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Southgate: 90 minutes to save his job?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He has to go immediately, today. He should of resigned after the Scotland game, he didn't so he should of been sacked. He should of resigned after last night's game, he didn't and so should be sacked.

He's an embarrassing "coach" , doesn't have any tactical knowledge of the game, player selection is the biggest joke as he selects players that are not in form. He's pathetic. He has about as much personality of a cauliflower.

He was only employed because the FA say jump and that tit says "how high?" Biggest national disgrace in years. What credentials did he have in being offered the job in the first place? He's done nothing, achieved nothing as a coach. And the sooner we get knocked out the better, so I don't have to see his face and hear his monotone voice every single day.

Speaks highly of you though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indeed , it's the beautiful game for most of the world whereas it's the same old shit for us .....zzzzzzzzzz.

My new work car has 8 speed semi auto . . . . slick. When I'm feeling 'English' I'll get the Crunchy 4 speed Dagenham dustbin out:laugh:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
But you DO think that! If you played a word association game with Scottish football fans I bet you 'arrogant' would be one of the most popular words associated with 'English'. It would certainly be one of the more printable ones! And one pundit saying that he thought the England U21 team could beat Scotland is hardly a torrent of public opinion. There are millions of us who don't think that.

You carry on thinking that, but its ok to judge all Scotland fans the same but not all media pundits because it doesn't suit your agenda, ok. Yes one pundit came out with that particular quote, there have been many, many others down the years, i dont have the time to go and find them all for you, but that comment in itself, is arrogant.

There will always be some who will say the English are arrogant, but dont paint us all with the same brush, it's a bit like saying all Scots are tight, or all northern towns are shitholes, only a fool would think the majority believe that.

I have already said several times England can and should do very well in this tournament, if you want to come out with 'statements of what realistically might happen' thats up to you, but also if you say you fancy England to get to at least the semis, i wont be saying your arrogant for thinking that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He has to go immediately, today. He should of resigned after the Scotland game, he didn't so he should of been sacked. He should of resigned after last night's game, he didn't and so should be sacked.

He's an embarrassing "coach" , doesn't have any tactical knowledge of the game, player selection is the biggest joke as he selects players that are not in form. He's pathetic. He has about as much personality of a cauliflower.

He was only employed because the FA say jump and that tit says "how high?" Biggest national disgrace in years. What credentials did he have in being offered the job in the first place? He's done nothing, achieved nothing as a coach. And the sooner we get knocked out the better, so I don't have to see his face and hear his monotone voice every single day.

Still bitter about the divorce, Mrs Southgate?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
England topped the group playing in a style that would appear favourable for the first knock out match, and all other games (if any) following.

I don't understand what you want?

England won the group.
England didn't concede a goal.
England are well set going into the knock out phase.

There is absolutely nothing more that can be accomplished playing the group games of a major tournament.

Changing to a more attacking playing style just because 'it's only Scotchland', does absolutely nothing within the bigger picture of the tournament.

It would seem the only benefit would be to appease the racists in the crowd.

I'd rather the nation team didn't go out of it's way to make racists happy!

Bloody hell. How the flying **** does not being happy with the style of play link up with racists?

Playing 2 DM’s will not win games against the likes of France, we are simply not good enough at the back even with 2 DM’s. Southgate should of taken the opportunity against Scotland and definitely against the Czechs to move to a more attacking minded approach. He had the opportunity to try, with a much lower level of risk, than in a knockout game. I can understand the approach against Croatia as it was the first game, but when 4 points guarantees moving on then the risk is very low.
Football has changed, when the likes of Italy drop its love of Catenaccio for attacking football then you know things have moved on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Move away from the keyboard ….

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

Top fishing! Bonus points for the irony of your username being his main priority.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell. How the flying **** does not being happy with the style of play link up with racists?

Playing 2 DM’s will not win games against the likes of France, we are simply not good enough at the back even with 2 DM’s. Southgate should of taken the opportunity against Scotland and definitely against the Czechs to move to a more attacking minded approach. He had the opportunity to try, with a much lower level of risk, than in a knockout game. I can understand the approach against Croatia as it was the first game, but when 4 points guarantees moving on then the risk is very low.
Football has changed, when the likes of Italy drop its love of Catenaccio for attacking football then you know things have moved on.

Because all the people booing the knee (the racists) were also the loyal committed fans booing their England side at half time and full time - to them I say 'f**k you'.

Are you seriously suggesting we could beat France, Holland and half a rung down Belgium and Germany by doing away with 2 defensive midfielders and taking the game to them?

It's the only chance we've got.
Our quality flair players are nowhere compared to what The Dutch and French are offering and that's before even mentioning KDB.

Keep it tight, defend well with numbers, hope the guys who can do 'it' succeed once and hang on.

That's the blueprint from now on and I'm beginning to see the reasoning for starting as dull as England have.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Because all the people booing the knee (the racists) were also the loyal committed fans booing their England side at half time and full time - to them I say 'f**k you'.

Are you seriously suggesting we could beat France, Holland and half a rung down Belgium and Germany by doing away with 2 defensive midfielders and taking the game to them?

It's the only chance we've got.
Our quality flair players are nowhere compared to what The Dutch and French are offering and that's before even mentioning KDB.

Keep it tight, defend well with numbers, hope the guys who can do 'it' succeed once and hang on.

That's the blueprint from now on and I'm beginning to see the reasoning for starting as dull as England have.

I wouldn’t boo the team for either so I not sure where you are going with this. Booing the team for taking the knee is a c*nts trick and is contemptible.

Well I can’t see 6 at the back working either but then again I’m not advocating the footballing equivalent of the ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’.

One DM is sufficient as it would give cover but would also allow more creativity in the midfield. We won’t win a tournament with 2 DM’s unless we are very very lucky. My concern is that he’ll use exactly the same approach for the World Cup …..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me England are in a similar position to Brighton 2 years ago at the end the Houghton era, we were doing enough but the football was absolutely turgid and most Brighton fans were calling for a change as there was no excitement.

I have never rated Southgate as a coach and never will he is simply driving his Ferrari to drop off his granny at the shops and has no idea how to get out of second gear, England have a good chance to challenge this tournament with these players but its seems that we are content to continue with average, a missed opportunity, this does not mean I don't support England but I just feel it will be "what if" after the tournament.

To the OP point he will not lose his job, group qualification will be enough for the FA.

Analogy of the month :bowdown: :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*should of* :lolol: :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn’t boo the team for either so I not sure where you are going with this. Booing the team for taking the knee is a c*nts trick and is contemptible.

Well I can’t see 6 at the back working either but then again I’m not advocating the footballing equivalent of the ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’.

One DM is sufficient as it would give cover but would also allow more creativity in the midfield. We won’t win a tournament with 2 DM’s unless we are very very lucky. My concern is that he’ll use exactly the same approach for the World Cup …..

And I can't see Maguire et al having much success keeping out Mbappe (sp) et al, without all the help they can get.
In much the same way I can't see Kane and Sockboy putting us into commanding leads.

I guess we'll have a better idea who's right in a week's time.

Oh and I do feel quite dirty seemingly siding with Southgate.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And I can't see Maguire et al having much success keeping out Mbappe (sp) et al, without all the help they can get.
In much the same way I can't see Kane and Sockboy putting us into commanding leads.

I guess we'll have a better idea who's right in a week's time.

Oh and I do feel quite dirty seemingly siding with Southgate.

Bottom line is he isn’t the man for the job. I’d rather have smug Eddie any day of the week.
Funnily enough I don’t have a dislike of Southgate other than him not being very good. Disliking Southgate for any other reason is kin to kicking a Spaniel between the eyes.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm sure i read somewhere that any less the a SF will be regarded as a failure by the suits at FA headquarters.???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bottom line is he isn’t the man for the job. I’d rather have smug Eddie any day of the week.
Funnily enough I don’t have a dislike of Southgate other than him not being very good. Disliking Southgate for any other reason is kin to kicking a Spaniel between the eyes.

Agreed, although as you can tell I'm beginning to enjoy him knocking the entitlement out of the fans, one tedious game at a time.

It's a crazy plan but it might just work***

***Narrators voice - it won't.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we survive another week in the tournament, please remind Icy and me to garage our Alfa Romeos :laugh:

Mine are definitely being garaged if lose to Italy!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here