[Albion] Do you remember your first Albion AWAY Cup game

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stamford Bridge

Challis and all that

That was the second replay wasn't it?

My first one was the 1-1 draw at Selhurst before that (after a similar score at the Goldstone).

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
That was the second replay wasn't it?

My first one was the 1-1 draw at Selhurst before that (after a similar score at the Goldstone).

It was,didn't go to Selhurst

I remember the game got postponed a couple of times

2-2 at the Goldstone

Harkouk came on as a sub and scored their equaliser

Walter and Hersham in the FA Cup…. Them having a disallowed goal in the 1st minute…… Brighton fans running amok…… ending 0-0……. On Tony / Ian Noris’s coach out of Worthing.

And that’s where we leave it.
Standing on a tea hut when Walton scored, told to get off the tea hut so unaware that the game had ended 0-0.went up on the special around 500 to 600 Brighton fans in a crowd of 5500.recall a local coming out the pub by the station and getting put on his arse by... You know who you are. At least we got them back to Goldstone on a proper pitch???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fabulous, what a find! I have never seen that video before, not only do I get the WBA goals but plenty more from the man whose fault it is that I am an Albion fan.

Thank you :bowdown:

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. It became a morning mission.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was really late to the away game experience, February 19th 2011, lost 3-0 away to Stoke.
Awful game in a dreadful shithole of a town.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
and the result?

Mine was a League Cup night match in Sept 76 (had to google the date)

We were division 3 and West Bromwich Albion were 1st division

A fabulous 0-2 with Wardy scoring 2

Fantastic memories and if anyone can find a video of the goals you’d make an old man very happy!

I was there too. I travelled alone from Stoke on Trent where I was staying at the time and didn't know where our lot were so ended up in one of the side stands all on my tod.

Next away cup game I think was in 1982 at Huddersfield again in the League Cup, roles reversed we were 1st Div and they were third (I think) and we lost 1-0

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

The Monday before (08/02/1960)this game at Highbury, when we played Rotherham for the third time in this round

We won 6-0 that night with many Arsenal fans cheering us on as Rotherham had knocked Arsenal out in the previous round
I think the team listed in that P.N.E program, was the same team that played at Highbury 5 days earlier

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
It was either:
Lost at Forest in the League Cup when they were champions
Or
Lost 1-0 against Oldham at Filbert Street when they used to play the second replays at neutral venues

Both late 70’s

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think my first away cup game was vs Ipswich in 2002. Lost 3:1. I specifically remember wondering what do we sing at cup matches, as we can't go up to win the cup.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
and the result?

Mine was a League Cup night match in Sept 76 (had to google the date)

We were division 3 and West Bromwich Albion were 1st division

A fabulous 0-2 with Wardy scoring 2

Fantastic memories and if anyone can find a video of the goals you’d make an old man very happy!

Mine was Liverpool away on a Sunday, 1983 FA Cup run.

We won I believe.

First time Liverpool ever played on a Sunday, Phil Neal was made captain 'cos it was his birthday and he missed a penalty. It wasn't on the TV.

My mate drove us up in his car and he got his nose broken by an unhappy "Liverpool Supporter" on the way out (Hi Jerry - or Dominic - if you're on here).

Happy Days!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I used to work in hampstead garden suburbs and worked with someone who went to that as an Arsenal fan and said it kicked off all day, and took great pride in telling me he hit "one of you gay *****" with a plank of wood over the head when they weren't looking.

horrible man

Palace were playing Enfield that day, just a mile or so up road on an earlier kick off.
We met a few on a side street post match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here