Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Onuachu

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we're looking at punts for Pauls, what abouut a small punt on this one. Goal every five games (better than most of our's!) through most of his career, before going ballistic last season. - 34 goals for Cambridge United in the season. Lower league, yes I know, but the sort of punt Brentford take before selling on for a mega-profit the next season! Out of contract, Charlton about to gobble up the opportunity - worth a quick - and very cheap I expect - gazump?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ion-to-sign-cambridge-striker-mullin-sources/

Could always be loaned or sold on if didn't work out, with very little (in PL football terms) outlay - and he obviously knows a bit about that ellusive space between those white post thingies and under the bar ........................

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've been pushing Onuachu propaganda since last November, he literally looks like an elite Bas Savage in the way he seems to just find himself scoring wherever he is and is MASSIVE. He's tall, he's fast, he wins headers for fun and is very tidy with the ball at his feet. He also takes perfect pens. For the price, and the relationship we have with Genk, and given he has played with Trossard I think he absolutely matches a Potter side. Potter has used taller strikers before, Potters best two seasons when he won promos at Ostersunds were with Emir Smajic who is 6'5 up front and Islamovic, a 6'3 center forward was the striker that took them to Europe in their crazy rise. He then utilised McBurnie who was a taller striker.

Onuachu is a PERFECT signing for Albion in the striker role, the only thing against him is his age, but that guarantees we get his best 4 years of his career if we sign him up now. We signed Lallana, Welbeck and Veltman last season so I don't buy the whole "we only buy youngsters" argument.

I would honestly be so delighted with this if we got him in, if we don't and he goes West Ham, they're going to finish top 8 easily.

I like the look of Onuachu from the limited amount i've seen him, certainly wouldn't be against us signing him, but he hasn't previously played with Trossard. He only joined Genk in August 2019, Leo was already playing for us by then.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
not if in professional sports 'bubble'

I don't think agents fall within the sports bubble. Even if they blag it as part of ancillary support they still have strict isolation criteria to be met.

On arrival in England, international elite sportspersons and ancillary staff are required to proceed directly to the event site and remain in isolation with other people within that sporting bubble, or may proceed to other accommodation and self-isolate outside the sporting bubble, until they leave England.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Has any of the Argus guys said yes or no to this one yet? Would be interesting to know if we are still going for another number 9 type after signing Welbeck.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Has any of the Argus guys said yes or no to this one yet? Would be interesting to know if we are still going for another number 9 type after signing Welbeck.

Not sure Welbs is a number 9 in the strict Muzza sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here